Author Topic: GRTB : Return To Blockland - Update 2.5  (Read 65146 times)

-snip-
I don't remember him asking for any money except for hosting, which makes sense since hosting isn't cheap.
5$ is a low price for hosting really, I would've asked for more if it was me for all the trouble it'd be, plus he wasn't making any money off of that, the rest went back to the service.
I just believe you've bitten off more than you can chew with this.
It's too much work for one person who doesn't know torque-script, plus to even make a good service you'll need to know other coding languages for a server, site, etc.

I am open for suggestions. Of course if the suggestion is not so good I may not consider it.
If i think something is a good idea (like the infomaniac jr suggested by powerdag)
Then yeah, of course it will be considered.
I'm not going to put every idea that every person suggests. Then we just have a mess
Doesn't seem like that way to me, the suggestion of using a new name, keeping infomaniac, changing the GUI.
All of those are great suggestions yet they've been ignored or dismissed by you.
I'm not saying do everyone's idea. Just that you need to not dismiss every single one because you don't like the idea.
I'm certain there are things Ephi didn't like, but he did it anyway.

please failbin this -- or drama it, even better.
this is literly just a copyright-infringed version of RTB with GUI edits.
If you really want to make a new version of RTB, you're going to need to create a program to modify it given the ZIP -- you can't host your modified version directly, but you CAN host something that modifies it for people, and it's legal on both ends.
I don't think I quite understand what are you saying.
If it's what I think you are saying, yeah I believe the license given when you downloaded RTB states that it can't be modified and re-released.
Quote from: licence
This work is licenced under the Creative Commons Attribution-Non-Commercial-No Derivative Works 2.0 UK: England & Wales License. To view a copy of this licence, visit http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/2.0/uk/ or send a letter to Creative Commons, 171 Second Street, Suite 300, San Francisco, California 94105, USA.
You are free to:
Under the following terms:
   Attribution
   Non-commercial
   NoDerivatives
      If you remix, transform, or build upon[/u] the material, you may not distribute the modified material.
Yep, but it's not like that'll be enforced. Ephi isn't here and I'm certain Badspot wouldn't care since he hasn't done anything else.
But I'd say this breaks the No-Derivatives term of the licence.
Again, not like it'll be enforced.

Editted, just noticed you didn't even include the original licence, which in the licence states you must include it.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2014, 08:51:17 AM by Pah1023 »

also i'm p sure they were losing money on RTB hosting lol

rtb did not turn any kind of profit

they weren't losing money. I recall ephi saying they made a tiny margin of profit. where that went to idk

ummm nvm actually
« Last Edit: November 29, 2014, 08:23:49 PM by Fen »

Ever since wrapper remade the whole bedroom bl is slowly going back to where it use to be a real fun game, and it's funny because the ACTUAL community did this not some random forget who knows coding from like 100000 years of learning it's all the community working to make bl like it was and even better than before.
What does that have to do with this? Not many people even use wrapper' bedroom due to its collision bugs.

Gothboy, I'm sorry, but I tried to reason multiple times, the mod has now hit rock bottom.

It is this bad, specially the fact you keep stuffting on people's suggestions and Queeba keeps backing you up, probably because he likes and uses this.

Ever since wrapper remade the whole bedroom bl is slowly going back to where it use to be a real fun game, and it's funny because the ACTUAL community did this not some random forget who knows coding from like 100000 years of learning it's all the community working to make bl like it was and even better than before.
wah wah me no like change

-snip-
Whatever profits Ephi turned is none of my business anyhoo. I am not trying to make any cash from this. I do know HTML and CSS quite well but am still learning Java. I know visual basic and some other various coding languages based of C# and C++. I have made some Starbound mods as well. I know how to code decently, I am just not a pro like you on TS, Choco. Your damn good, and honestly if I had your TS knowledge I would be applying myself and making some really cool mods. Why don't you?

When it comes to the license, I did modify it to include my own in the manual GUI, not a .txt
Quote from: GRTB Manual
This work is licensed under the freedom act of creativity. People are free to imagine and create
Please spread the peace
It's a free license. People can modify GRTB if they want to make it suitable for themselves.
As many people are saying the original RTB is dead. Shouldn't the license be expired?
Even so, credits on the OP

Gothboy, I'm sorry, but I tried to reason multiple times, the mod has now hit rock bottom.
Well I guess that's an opinion. I will keep updating this until I am satisfied with the result:
A slim RTB that looks simple and works

Whatever profits Ephi turned is none of my business anyhoo. I am not trying to make any cash from this. I do know HTML and CSS quite well but am still learning Java. I know visual basic and some other various coding languages based of C# and C++. I have made some Starbound mods as well. I know how to code decently, I am just not a pro like you on TS, Choco. Your damn good, and honestly if I had your TS knowledge I would be applying myself and making some really cool mods. Why don't you?

When it comes to the license, I did modify it to include my own in the manual GUI, not a .txtIt's a free license. People can modify GRTB if they want to make it suitable for themselves.
As many people are saying the original RTB is dead. Shouldn't the license be expired?
Even so, credits on the OP
Well I guess that's an opinion. I will keep updating this until I am satisfied with the result:
A slim RTB that looks simple and works
Now your just pulling stuff out of your ass,  because I and many other people gave you the suggestion of instead of adding more bloated pictures and inflated icons to remove most and replace them with simple text and fix the chat gui, like many suggested, and if your going to go ahead and call out RTB's license dead, and adding your own, don't be upset if someone takes your RTB and re-releases it as Gothboy's RTB Decrapified, by adding all the damn suggestions you decided to ignore.

Your honestly digging your own grave now and taking your "RTB" with it.

Now your just pulling stuff out of your ass,  because I and many other people gave you the suggestion of instead of adding more bloated pictures and inflated icons to remove most and replace them with simple text and fix the chat gui, like many suggested, and if your going to go ahead and call out RTB's license dead, and adding your own, don't be upset if someone takes your RTB and re-releases it as Gothboy's RTB Decrapified, by adding all the damn suggestions you decided to ignore.
I already stated I am only taking suggestions that I like. Mod makers tend not to implement ideas they don't find suitable for the mod they are working on. If someone were to make something like that it would be quite funny. They might as well start with a fresh RTB 4 and 3.5 like I did, and just make their own GUI and functions

I already stated I am only taking suggestions that I like. Mod makers tend not to implement ideas they don't find suitable for the mod they are working on. If someone were to make something like that it would be quite funny. They might as well start with a fresh RTB 4 and 3.5 like I did, and just make their own GUI and functions
You finally said it yourself, way to show your massive ego again. People said it now you proved it.

Also , you already screwed up by making that license then, because you state anyone can modify your "RTB".

You finally said it yourself, way to show your massive ego again. People said it now you proved it.

Also , you already screwed up by making that license then, because you state anyone can modify your "RTB".

Take a look at all the suggestions in the suggestions forum. Do you think Badspot adds them all to the game? That's not massive ego, it's completely loving normal. Of course anyone can modify GRTB. They can download it, edit the code, and post it. How could I even prevent that?
The license doesn't make a difference for stuff.

Take a look at all the suggestions in the suggestions forum. Do you think Badspot adds them all to the game? That's not massive ego, it's completely loving normal. Of course anyone can modify GRTB. They can download it, edit the code, and post it. How could I even prevent that?
The license doesn't make a difference for stuff.

I don't want to argue with you anymore, its like talking to a brickwall, I was just implying you just gave the ok for someone to mod the crap out of your mod and possibly make it better.

Day 20; still in my cave waiting for the name to change.

When it comes to the license, I did modify it to include my own in the manual GUI, not a .txtIt's a free license. People can modify GRTB if they want to make it suitable for themselves.

I think you'll find that your proposed "freedom license" is not compatible with the original RTB license.

You must not:

* make any Derivative Works;
 * sublicense the Work;

You must:

* make reference to this Licence (by Uniform Resource Identifier (URI), spoken word or as appropriate to the media used) on all copies of the Work and Collective Works published, distributed, performed or otherwise disseminated or made available to the public by You;
 * to the extent reasonably practicable, keep intact all notices that refer to this Licence, in particular the URI, if any, that the Licensor specifies to be associated with the Work, unless such URI does not refer to the copyright notice or licensing information for the Work.

http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/2.0/uk/legalcode

Licenses do not expire.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2014, 06:31:23 AM by portify »

Let me guess, I am going to continue backing Gothboy up. Yes, I use GRTB.