Author Topic: ~~~Host's guide to catching injected cheaters~~~  (Read 7570 times)

does it make me a bad admin if I go around the drama board and then ban all the people on my server who are related to server crashing without any warning
No but they can crash your server even if they're banned from it. Banning them won't stop anything.

Seems like a fun way to catch some hackers, thanks!

Although, I rarely ever host or administrate, so I don't think it'll affect me too much.

Seems like a fun way to catch some hackers, thanks!

Although, I rarely ever host or administrate, so I don't think it'll affect me too much.
what you could do to be involved then is to just keep an eye out and accuse a suspect. The admins can then test the accused. However don't abuse your ability to accuse. If your accusations are more commonly negative than positive then people will see you as the boy who cried wolf.

No but they can crash your server even if they're banned from it. Banning them won't stop anything.
the IP banning mod by Pecon will disconnect problem users before they're able to send a crashing packet to the server. You can use that to get rid of them.

It also stops alts.

Think it would be better to observe a suspected cheater whenever they start to type a message rather than openly broadcast that you're on to them. Still, watching for the aimbot preceding a message containing a 'c' is a nice tip.

the IP banning mod by Pecon will disconnect problem users before they're able to send a crashing packet to the server. You can use that to get rid of them.
This has not yet been proven. If it does work then that's great.

This has not yet been proven. If it does work then that's great.
It IP bans, it should work for banning their alts. The only way if it doesn't work is if they change their IP address.

It IP bans, it should work for banning their alts. The only way if it doesn't work is if they change their IP address.
Pretty sure he's talking about this:

honestly this was obvious
anyone who knows how the hack works can figure this out
excuse me sir
do you have a moment to learn about "hindsight bias?"
also known as the "knew it all along effect"

honestly this was obvious
anyone who knows how the hack works can figure this out
This is basically the same as admitting to having and using the hack.

This is basically the same as admitting to having and using the hack.
are you accusing setro of having and using the hack?

how does that follow from his post?

Hey people, maybe we can just use the information and be thankful that he gave it to us.

Or we can be loving handicapped and be an starfish to someone trying to help us.

Hey people, maybe we can just use the information and be thankful that he gave it to us.

Or we can be loving handicapped and be an starfish to someone trying to help us.
It's autism at work my friend. It seems there are very few forum members able to avoid it.

There's actually an script_aimbot released to the public that nobody noticed
It was recent

I pm'ed moderators but they didnt care

There's actually an script_aimbot released to the public that nobody noticed
It was recent

I pm'ed moderators but they didnt care
if you're talking about what I think you're talking about, then it's a server sided mod and it'd be entirely the host's fault if someone abused it. It was made for things like videos.