Author Topic: Is building a computer hard?  (Read 4235 times)

one more thing
if you have no experience with choosing parts, let someone make a list for you
as you learn more, you may edit it as you wish
Yeah, I found a list I liked before I made this thread

it's basically legos but more screws and wires

I always use this metaphor, glad someone else does too.

I highly suggest you do it. It's a lot of fun and a great way to learn about computers.

I'm looking forward to rebuilding mine when I get my new case for Christmas! :D

I highly suggest you do it. It's a lot of fun and a great way to learn about computers.

I'm looking forward to rebuilding mine when I get my new case for Christmas! :D
I remember hearing about that on the Randomizer Server
Have fun!

Static electricity blah touch metal blah ground yourself blah

Build on a sturdy table blah lots of open space blah Intel sockets are hard to close it's normal blah blah blah blah

Just trying to tell you the same thing you've heard like a hundred times probably

Static electricity blah touch metal blah ground yourself blah

Build on a sturdy table blah lots of open space blah Intel sockets are hard to close it's normal blah blah blah blah

Just trying to tell you the same thing you've heard like a hundred times probably
I actually didn't hear about this.

My dogs shed a lot, can this be a problem with loose hair on the floor? I usually clean it up but I'm just worried.
Don't build on the floor, build on a table

there are only really like 10 parts. and they only slap together in 1 way.
there may be a recommended order to the parts you put together first. but thats it.

in the early 90s, a smart techy kid can plug in a complex entertainment system for his parents. that same amount of knowledge can assemble todays computer. there is no excuse everyone shouldnt be able to do it.

there are only really like 10 parts. and they only slap together in 1 way.
there may be a recommended order to the parts you put together first. but thats it.

in the early 90s, a smart techy kid can plug in a complex entertainment system for his parents. that same amount of knowledge can assemble todays computer. there is no excuse everyone shouldnt be able to do it.
This
The hardest part of building a computer is knowing which parts are best to select
But that's the easiest part to get help with

im building my first PC at christmas as well
really lookin forward to it

nodon't watch linus
just dont

The forget you on about? Linus is the man.

The forget you on about? Linus is the man.
sponsored by
brought to you by
please donate
"iSwitched"

imo pauls hardware is the only source worth anything

thats why there are always hundreds of people asking for help picking parts. its the hardest part lol.

just get the stuff most people are agreeing with after you gave them a budget

sponsored by
brought to you by
please donate
"iSwitched"

So there's something inherently wrong with his information cause it's ad supported?

He has a 10 second ad after the pre-roll, and then saves the "today's sponsor" and plug sections for the end of the video, so you don't have to sit through them to get the content of the video. Just stop watching and you miss nothing. There's absolutely nothing wrong with using sponsors to get funding if it means I get to see free videos about products that interest me from a person whose opinion I trust.

sponsored by
brought to you by
please donate
"iSwitched"

Yeah, limiting yourself to one source is the best way to learn...