Author Topic: Is building a computer hard?  (Read 4226 times)

I actually didn't hear about this.
Oh, well good thing then.

Build on a table, nice and sturdy with plenty of space.

Ground yourself by touching metal on the case before you touch any of your components. Also, keep the touching to a minimum. Like, don't touch the motherboard on the bottom, hold it by the sides.

If you're building with intel, when you close the socket odds are there will be resistance and maybe even a creaking sound. It's normal, just push with some force until you lock it into place.

linus might as well have his kid holdin a forgetin 780 ti and as the thumbnail for his videos

basically the hardest part is stressing about accidentally breaking something

basically the hardest part is stressing about accidentally breaking something
this

and if you do break something it's usually a bitch to find out what went wrong
Especially if it won't post

this one time my dad mistook a can of wd40 for compressed air and while he was cleaning dust, he sprayed liquid all over the mobo lol

don't do that

this one time my dad mistook a can of wd40 for compressed air and while he was cleaning dust, he sprayed liquid all over the mobo lol

don't do that
How did he not recognize it? WD40 has such a distinct look. Of course I've never seen compressed air cans so I suppose they may look alike, but I have my doubts.

How did he not recognize it? WD40 has such a distinct look. Of course I've never seen compressed air cans so I suppose they may look alike, but I have my doubts.
cans can come in the same colour

cans can come in the same colour
Cans also usually have separate designs, thats what I'm getting at.

Cans also usually have separate designs, thats what I'm getting at.
[i ]https://www.lamrod.com/uploads/products/1320327395_1_FINAL%20WD_40_200_ml_827.jpg[/img]
well then he probably wasn't looking twice

well then he probably wasn't looking twice
Thats what I was getting at, he didn't check. Its a mistake we all make, its not like I'm saying he's the only one.

Coincidentally, I just got my cooler and CPU today. I'm getting the last four in the one package. Anyhow, I recommend that you don't build on any carpet for that can cause static electricity to go through your computer. Build on a table and buy an anti-static wrist strap. It's only like five bucks, so I'm sure you can spare a few to ensure life on your parts.

oh my god if you have a dog and he sheds a lot do not allow any of that stuff near it

it just causes a bunch of problems and might clog up the fan ports/cause a fire.

put it on a desk or anything like that and elevate it ~2 inches or so off the desk.

also, first rule of thumb:
when you take something out of an anti-static bag, don't put it on the goddamn bag.

oh my god if you have a dog and he sheds a lot
I read the title and I read this it seemed like the most out of context thing ever

oh my god if you have a dog and he sheds a lot do not allow any of that stuff near it

it just causes a bunch of problems and might clog up the fan ports/cause a fire.

put it on a desk or anything like that and elevate it ~2 inches or so off the desk.

also, first rule of thumb:
when you take something out of an anti-static bag, don't put it on the goddamn bag.
This, and if you live with smokers try to keep smoke away from the computer. I lived in a house with chain smokers and I actually had to clean tar from my PC before I finally got my own room.

It's a 10 piece, 1000 - 2000 dollar puzzle.

It's not hard nessicarily, but educate yourself first. One thing I found is that no matter how much stuff you reference to, none of it will actually show you step by step how to build your exact custome build.

I will say that the most useful items to me were the MoBo's guide and the cases' instruction.