Is building a computer hard?

Author Topic: Is building a computer hard?  (Read 4236 times)

1000 - 2000 dollar
where'd you get that price range

my original build was $407 with windows included

well a normal person wants something that isnt a piece of stuff a month later

Watch the newegg videos on how to build a PC. You'll have it down in just a few hours.

The worst part for me is ALWAYS getting the motherboard in the case, I am so loving afraid of scratching the back of the motherboard on the standoffs and then I start shaking uncontrollably so even once I've got the board in place it takes forever to get the first screw in just so I can let go of the bloody thing.

Thankfully my Corsair 750D has a solid post where the center standoff usually is so I don't need to hold the motherboard in place until I've gotten the first screw in

I read the title and I read this it seemed like the most out of context thing ever
i didn't quote op but he said he had a dog

Well if you aren't planning to build a potato, his estimate is entirely correct. My build was about $1600.

well a normal person wants something that isnt a piece of stuff a month later
A month? :)

bumpadoodle
http://www.amazon.com/lm/R3NXRLCE5OLNAQ/?_encoding=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&linkCode=ur2&lm_bb=&tag=gcgctest-20
is this build okay? I'm not sure if you guys think it's good or not. I don't want to pay 500 dollars for a broken potato that can't run anything

i both amazon AND newegg for all parts. one or the other will have a better price per part.

thats a decent comp, but i would try for an ssd as well. it does make a huuuuuge difference in speed. it disnt need to be more then 256gig as most of your installs will fit on that fine. but at that point you pretty much have to have a secondary hdd for more storage lol.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 10:25:36 AM by Bisjac »

bumpadoodle
http://www.amazon.com/lm/R3NXRLCE5OLNAQ/?_encoding=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&linkCode=ur2&lm_bb=&tag=gcgctest-20
is this build okay? I'm not sure if you guys think it's good or not. I don't want to pay 500 dollars for a broken potato that can't run anything
Better build for a couple bucks more than they amazon one, assuming you're willing to do rebates, which i recommend. Rebates are like making $20 for 15 minutes worth of work. When else will you make $80/hour? XD

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dWc8XL

Thanks Georges, would that be able to run blockland shaders decently? I'm just curious

Fairly well. Blockland requires a pretty powerful computer to always get 60+ FPS with shaders on, but most of the time you should be able to run it at max, sometimes even with Port's performance shaders.

It really depends on the brickcount. Once you start getting into higher brickcount servers, you maaaay see some issues. My brother has an R9 280, which is similar to the GTX 760, and he can run Blockland pretty well.

Other thing I forgot to mention is that with Intel LGA 1150 CPUs, you have a better upgrade path then with AMD CPUss.

Thank you so much! I will get to that right away

Watch the newegg videos on how to build a PC. You'll have it down in just a few hours.

I watched the newegg one once and didn't ever reference it when building. Had it down in one try.

Pff, watching tutorials. When I built my first computer I just stuck everything where it'd fit until the damn thing powered up.