Author Topic: BlockNet Dedicated Hosting - New lower prices!  (Read 55323 times)

You get to choose your location.

Is there anyway to get to the main menu when the server is launched?

Is there anyway to get to the main menu when the server is launched?
No, the main menu is only available when the server is shut down.

I just purchased a server and the setup was really easy.  The service is great so far.

Every time I hit purchase in paypal it tells me that there was an error and to try again later.

im gonna get this instead of a regular vps.

Purchased the six dollar plan and was able to host a server with 45+ players with minimal lag.

Every time I hit purchase in paypal it tells me that there was an error and to try again later.
You will need to contact Paypal's support to figure out what is wrong.

I updated my server, and it says it's still to old.

Sorry for the slight delay on that update. Having the anti-crash patch installed meant that I had to disable the automatic updating mechanism in the server's backend for things to not constantly break. I've just updated all the nodes and future updates should now be seamless.

Here is a quick list of changes:
 - Updated backend for seamless Blockland updates
 - Updated control panel to fix a few things and added the ability to start your server with a specific gamemode
   + In order for your control panel to update, you must fully exit it by selecting option '0' and then log back in.
 - Slight backend update which now allows for multiple people to access the control panel and remote console simultaneously.
 - BLAntidote.dll is no longer used.

Here are some instructions on how to get your server updated without any hassles.

1. Shut down your server with quit(); in the console (or do ctrl+c if the server has crashed and is stuck)
2. Select option '2' on the control panel. The update should be done almost instantaneously.
3. Re-enter your hosting key with option '3'. If you have a rental key, simply do option '7'.
4. Start your server

Yes it works now, thanks again

This service is pretty good as I have been to servers hosted by BlockNet and have gotten extremely low ping. That New Years serv had 99 peeps and i was still having <70 latency. Oddly enough, on Boss Battles even when theres 10 people, my latency is about 100-120. I assume its just the scripts and all the custom things in the server and whatever, but still a good amount that causes little to no delay.

One quick question that's probably very stupid and easy to answer, How will I get host powers when joined on my normal key and not the hosting key?

Other than this question, there is nothing I need to know. I would love to get this, just need to sort out some money things then I'll buy a slot!

One quick question that's probably very stupid and easy to answer, How will I get host powers when joined on my normal key and not the hosting key?

Other than this question, there is nothing I need to know. I would love to get this, just need to sort out some money things then I'll buy a slot!

The setup FAQ will guide you through how to add yourself as an auto super admin via a console command.