Poll

No poll at the moment.

Author Topic: Teneksi's Showroom  (Read 99908 times)

Look what's happening!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZ69FL7eT-U

How do you actually enter the car? Click again on the interior? Or do you still have to jump in.

this is my favorite part

if you click, the door opens.

if you click and hold, the door opens and then you're mounted to the seat associated with the door.

if you hold it a little bit longer, the door closes behind you.

Also I'm fully aware that the poll, which indicates that the fire truck is coming first, says I should work on different vehicles before coming back to the crown victoria, but these are improvements that will carry into future vehicles. Plus, I'm practicing dealing with weird inside corners and intersecting faces by working on all the small things that bugged me about it. And I'm, uh, my own man, or something. Apologies to the majority who voted to see other vehicles come first.

For record keeping purposes, since for some reason I'm anxious about resetting the poll:

Fire truck was first priority.
Next in demand was a lowrider, with 42 votes.
A close second was a mail truck, with 40 votes.
Bringing up the rear, with 30 votes each: updating the crown vic and e-series van.

So, essentially, I chose the option which was least anticipated and would do the least to create something previously unseen. Again, I apologize. But once I'm done with this version of the Crown Vic, I'm quite sure I'll be satisfied with its completion.

Current plans:
  • Finish Crown Victoria improvements, using animated (rather than scripted) emergency lights
  • Update Ambulance to stop the all-white glitch and to update their lights as well
  • Finish the fire truck
  • After the above are done, make a boxy '80s sedan with lowrider, police, and taxi variants
  • If still in demand, before or after the sedan, make a mail truck. Smaller project than the others.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2016, 11:21:43 AM by Teneksi »

this is my favorite part

if you click, the door opens.

if you click and hold, the door opens and then you're mounted to the seat associated with the door.

if you hold it a little bit longer, the door closes behind you.
Ah.  Thats really cool.  But if you don't hold it long enough, you can drive with the door open?

Ah.  Thats really cool.  But if you don't hold it long enough, you can drive with the door open?
Yes, you can leave the door open behind you. My original plan was to have it so that a single click on any door would open it, mount the player, and close it. But this gets rid of the options available on Barnabas' vehicles, the ability to leave the door open. Sometimes, you want to take a picture, or make a video, with an open door. With the police interceptor, opening a door as cover could make a dramatic scene. (it is sad that the door cannot actually block bullets).

I'm considering making them close automatically at speed, though, since that is kind of just silly. (or, maybe, that's the reason I should let them remain open)

i still think the handling is atrocious

i still think the handling is atrocious
Changes to the handling have not been released.

Will you make a car which will be similar with the "Stretch" limo from GTA:SA?

Will you make a car which will be similar with the "Stretch" limo from GTA:SA?
that is an excellent idea. I'll make that a variant of the eventually-coming '80s sedan.

It will look something like this:

« Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 11:35:49 AM by Teneksi »

Let's have a bump.

Added a new poll after considering ideas. For some reason I keep wanting to do a pickup truck. I've got lots I want to do before then, but it's nice to start thinking about these things early.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2016, 05:46:03 PM by Teneksi »

Hey, what happened to the pictures you had earlier?

Hey, what happened to the pictures you had earlier?
I got self-conscious

I don't want to make people excited about changes and then for some reason not make progress for a long time

Make a dodge ram 2002, I have one and it used to be my great grandpa's but he died.
!!!PAGESTRECH WARNING!!!

The second option is less of necessarily a Ford, and more like going with a modern truck.

In the poll, I meant to ask for you to explain why you chose the older or modern truck, not to suggest a specific truck.

I appreciate the suggestion, but I think I may start going with fictional car manufacturers after I'm done with the Crown Victoria.

I suggest making a Boeing 727

For me, the problem with that is that the old Passenger Jet is, in my opinion, already too big for any practical purposes within Blockland. I prefer smaller planes, which actually have a chance of being more than half full of people ready to go to another airport. The Private Jet already exists for that.

If anyone has a compelling reason for me to replace one of those jets -- such as a large build with more than one airport, with a significant distance between them -- I would consider making one, but nothing the size of a 727.