Author Topic: 2015/01/16 - Blockland r1959  (Read 90905 times)

the forget is wrong with you man? i had to buy a new keyboard cos the old one broke from my tears of nostalgia.

umm what
if you're talkin about rtb it hasn't been that long
give it like 3 more years

It was already "fixd" for me. I was just pointing it out from a default installation.
i was just putting it up just incase if it still happenes

bbs

To make something "less trivial" would mean to make it harder or even impossible. To that end it makes sense to remove such a command
I don't see to what end would make him remove such a command.
the command had some good uses, and it was removed because people were bitching probably.
Hopefully it wasn't, and badspot has some plan to make a better command, but even i was using it to make people feel drugged, or slowed down on my server.

Starting a singleplayer game with the -gamemode parameter in the shortcut breaks door functionality. The bricks are there but are not interactive.

Here's the gamemode.txt.
Code: [Select]
ADDON Brick_Arch
ADDON Brick_Doors

ADDON Support_Doors

$EnvGuiServer::SimpleMode 0
$EnvGuiServer::SkyFile Add-Ons/Sky_Blue2/Blue2.dml
$EnvGuiServer::WaterFile NONE
$EnvGuiServer::GroundFile Add-Ons/Ground_Plate/plate.ground
$EnvGuiServer::GroundColor 0 76 0 255

$Server::Quota::Schedules 999;
$Server::QuotaLAN::Schedules 999;
$Server::WelcomeMessage \c2Welcome to Blockland, %1.
$Server::MaxBricksPerSecond 1000
$Server::MaxPhysVehicles_Total 20
$Server::MaxPlayerVehicles_Total 200
$Server::Quota::Environment 5000
$Server::Quota::Item 100
$Server::Quota::Misc 9999
$Server::Quota::Projectile 200
$Server::Quota::Schedules 1000
$Server::Quota::Vehicle 100

$MiniGame::Enabled 0

This may be a pure guess, but try activating the treasure chests

This may be a pure guess, but try activating the treasure chests
Didn't work.

Do the doors work if you load the gamemode normally without the -gamemode parameter? I have not experienced this with my dedicated server shortcut.

Do the doors work if you load the gamemode normally without the -gamemode parameter? I have not experienced this with my dedicated server shortcut.
The gamemode works loaded regularly from in-game. It's not a dedicated server, it's a singleplayer server. (At least I'm pretty sure it is.) The shortcut is:
S:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Blockland\Blockland.exe ptlaaxobimwroe -gamemode Gamemode_Doors

The gamemode works loaded regularly from in-game. It's not a dedicated server, it's a singleplayer server. (At least I'm pretty sure it is.)

this is also a pure guess but i guess it might be worth a shot anyway: have you tried loading support_doors before loading brick_doors?

ADDON Brick_Arch
ADDON Support_Doors
ADDON Brick_Doors

this is also a pure guess but i guess it might be worth a shot anyway: have you tried loading support_doors before loading brick_doors?

ADDON Brick_Arch
ADDON Support_Doors
ADDON Brick_Doors

This is the correct answer. The game mode system doesn't load things properly, so you get problems like this.

Don't know if this is a new bug, but.. After opening two windows up, switching one window to another key. Then hosting on the window with the old key will make a server in the new key's name.

Edit: fixed
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 06:30:14 PM by Honorabl3 »

I'm really glad to see Badspot updating the game again.

I'm really glad to see Badspot updating the game again.
Where is your reaction gif?
here's mine:

Where is your reaction gif?
here's mine:

Someone won a hockey game?