2015/02/12 - Mario Land Fun

Author Topic: 2015/02/12 - Mario Land Fun  (Read 110666 times)

nope not a virus at all
cant tell if actually serious or not

« Last Edit: February 14, 2015, 09:34:19 AM by Blocky943 »

couldnt you just make a shortcut that sets a launch option for that?

also that page stretch

I like how you put "Development" in the top of the forums.

btw, EPIC EPIC GAME.

(you thought I was gonna put a GIF here did you?)
« Last Edit: February 14, 2015, 10:30:04 AM by SomeGuyFromTennesse »

couldnt you just make a shortcut that sets a launch option for that?

also that page stretch

yea you can but you can't send shortcuts over the internet as file paths can vary
.bat is far easier

Yes, feel free to make your own levels, just point people to the original game download when you release them.  

You can edit the .tmx files with tiled and the .map files are just text.  

You can load any map by running MarioLandFun.exe -map <mapname>

Edit: Will the game every get support for Custom Levels/Sets of custom levels, so you don't need to edit things already included?

I know you can just backup the default files, but it would be nice to have another option in Start to select the "World" or "Game" you want to play and by "Game" I meant a set of custom levels.

Also What if MarioLandFun gets so popular it ends up growing a new community.

Calling It:

« Last Edit: February 14, 2015, 08:38:24 PM by ZERØ »

Edit: Will the game every get support for Custom Levels/Sets of custom levels, so you don't need to edit things already included?
You can load any map by running MarioLandFun.exe -map <mapname>

In-game

Instead of adding something to the launch options, and what I meant was being able to select one from a menu in the game, so you don't need to close the game, change the options and run it again.

Oh goody a new game made from Badspot and its about Mario.

I think my dreams are now becoming real :)

I have a suggestion : how about a save button in the pause menu, and a load button in the main menu?
I know its supposed to be like you remember the game, but I think it would be a much wanted enhancement.

Looked through the thread to see if anybody else had this issue, saw nothing.

I beat "Difficult" mode with zero extra lives and 4,963 coins, and even though the game said it unlocked "Professional" mode, I can't access it.  The config file also still has the value for "professionalUnlocked" set to 0.  I didn't have any issues when the game unlocked "Difficult" mode, and the value in the config file is not 0.

I'm calling it a bug.  Would be nice to get some confirmation from somebody else about this, or else just have Badspot look into it.

I just played the game, it's much better than the original game and I like how the physics were revamped. Now I can control mario like he does more in the console games.

Not for Mac :(
Quote from: http://badspot.us/img/Perennial-Game.html
Q: Will there be an OSX/Linux port?
A: If there is sufficient demand, yes. The engine is made using SDL so it should be easy enough to port.