Crown's Jailbreak [Christmas Event!]

Poll

Who smells best

Niblic
Crown

Author Topic: Crown's Jailbreak [Christmas Event!]  (Read 305974 times)

Did server go down?

Oh, its back up again.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2016, 05:17:58 PM by The_Clockworker »

BTW /spc 0 is broken.

Nevermind it fixed itself after a round
« Last Edit: September 06, 2016, 07:09:01 PM by The_Clockworker »

There should be a command for automatically balancing the Guard:Prisoner ratio. This could be done effectively by having it kick the guards who have been on that team the longest until the ratio is balanced, however that might be almost impossible because it means you would have to also track the amount of time people spend on the guard team. It would be the best compromise of ease, and usability, to make it so it kicks guards off the team at random until the ratio is in balance.

TL;DR
There is a problem with guards not getting sorted off the team when the balance is upset.

There should be a command for automatically balancing the Guard:Prisoner ratio. This could be done effectively by having it kick the guards who have been on that team the longest until the ratio is balanced, however that might be almost impossible because it means you would have to also track the amount of time people spend on the guard team. It would be the best compromise of ease, and usability, to make it so it kicks guards off the team at random until the ratio is in balance.

TL;DR
There is a problem with guards not getting sorted off the team when the balance is upset.
Your time as a Guard is recorded, /guardTeam already says how many rounds they've been in a row. I haven't done any automatic moving because I don't really know how to go about doing it, should it just randomly kick people off the team at the end of the round, should it be the person who has been on the longest or the shortest?

imo it's better if it's manually fixed, because you don't really want the person who's been doing warden who everyone likes as warden, as oppose to the boring rdming warden who nobody likes, or the stuffty guard who gets himself killed every round and starts a riot

imo it's better if it's manually fixed, because you don't really want the person who's been doing warden who everyone likes as warden, as oppose to the boring rdming warden who nobody likes, or the stuffty guard who gets himself killed every round and starts a riot
I somewhat agree, but there still needs to be a solution, mods cannot force change people and when they ask politely, it turns into a cluster forget where there is only 2 guards the next round because everyone changes over.

I somewhat agree, but there still needs to be a solution, mods cannot force change people and when they ask politely, it turns into a cluster forget where there is only 2 guards the next round because everyone changes over.
Mods can move people to Prisoners.

/setprisoner [name]

Although we can't change people to guard

my round limit on guards is 15 rounds if anyone can't decide on a number
which is probably too passive, honestly

I was left alone and unfortunately I still have issues with Blockland "timing out." I'm posting another help topic.

if no one else opens the server soon i'll probably open it within 10-30 minutes. im a little surprised that it's not open yet on a friday of all days tbh.

It would be really helpful for us mods to have a list of technicalities that stays updated. Stuff like "You cannot emote or do any animation that makes your character move unless that animation is the talking animation," or if you can kill 1 or 2 prisoners in a luck based game starting out with 6 prisoners (As 6/4 is 1.5, do we round up or down?) or whether or not "LR say blah" is valid (There have been super admins disagreeing with eachother on this. I'm still not entirely sure what the final ruling on this is.) That confusion tends to get passed down to us lowly mods :(
« Last Edit: September 09, 2016, 06:04:19 PM by Ipquarx »