Poll

period race

Author Topic: ABS FIESTA REDUX  (Read 1246359 times)

Walter arrives on base after his time at the bar with Virvel, he deposits the keys to the 4x4 at the motor pool and heads back to his room to deal with the envelope he received.

Walter sits down to count the bills and after the has done so, separates a few bills and sets them inside his desk for future use if he ever needs it. He takes out a piece of paper and begins to write a small note for the envelope.

Arkhip

I know you could use this a lot more than I could myself, I hope you know a good use for it. Im not including my name on this note. as I don't want you to feel indebted to someone or attempt to return it to them, it's for you to use or save.

You've done well enduring through your troubles, Hopefully things will improve for you more now, even if this isn't the largest portion of cash.

He closes the note into the envelope and also writes his name on the outside, then shoves it back in his pocket to set out to Arkhip's room.

"Oh. Right."

Faw looks a little bit surprised.

"Sorry. I lost a game of chess to him."

He thinks about it for a moment.

"That sounds ridiculous now that I'm saying it out loud."

He lets out a short chuckle, then goes back to eating his food.
Yamashiro and Xiaomei exchange a look before returning their attention to you.
: Would it be rude to-
: What problem did your father have?

Gus seizes the lull in conversation to change the topic.

"What do you plan to do once you get settled in in Kintharian? Job and all that."
: Like I said, we do not know for sure yet. I am hoping there may be jobs available in the car mechanic field, because that is my only real skill other than piloting.
: There probably are. We may have machines making the cars in the first place, but it still takes a human to spot the problem and fix it when something stops working.

Walter arrives on base after his time at the bar with Virvel, he deposits the keys to the 4x4 at the motor pool and heads back to his room to deal with the envelope he received.

Walter sits down to count the bills and after the has done so, separates a few bills and sets them inside his desk for future use if he ever needs it. He takes out a piece of paper and begins to write a small note for the envelope.

Arkhip

I know you could use this a lot more than I could myself, I hope you know a good use for it. Im not including my name on this note. as I don't want you to feel indebted to someone or attempt to return it to them, it's for you to use or save.

You've done well enduring through your troubles, Hopefully things will improve for you more now, even if this isn't the largest portion of cash.

He closes the note into the envelope and also writes his name on the outside, then shoves it back in his pocket to set out to Arkhip's room.
He is not currently present, nor is anyone else in his squadron.

Walter double checks the directory to be sure it's his room, checks if the coast is clear, especially virvel, then slips the envelope under the door and walks off.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 01:51:49 PM by Badger »

Jaakko chimes in.

"Kintharia probably has better services for re-education available to, theirs probably some way that you could get another trade skill or degree," he adds quietly.

: I see.
"You should try it next time you've got some time with the dogs. Maybe I could go with you?" she offers.

Walter double checks the directory to be sure it's his room, checks if the coast is clear, especially virvel, then slips the envelope under the door and walks off.
You are not confronted by anyone as you make your exit.

Jaakko chimes in.

"Kintharia probably has better services for re-education available to, theirs probably some way that you could get another trade skill or degree," he adds quietly.
: I assume you meant to say something other than "re-education".

"You should try it next time you've got some time with the dogs. Maybe I could go with you?" she offers.
: Okay.

"He meant to say trade school," Gus says as he shoots a glance at Jaakko's buried face.

"Or something like that. You shouldn't limit yourself to mechanics if you don't want to."

: Okay.
Cualli pauses to take a sip of water. "Sometimes I wonder about what you think about humans. Like, what questions do you ask yourself about us and whatnot."

Jaakko puts his hands down, looking annoyed.

"Trade schools or college, grants to learn something new. I couldn't think of another word to describe it, so forgive me for the word having negative connotations," he says with annoyance.

He finishes his sentence and thinks for a moment.

"Retraining maybe?"
« Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 10:55:52 PM by Mr. Hurricane »

"He meant to say trade school," Gus says as he shoots a glance at Jaakko's buried face.

"Or something like that. You shouldn't limit yourself to mechanics if you don't want to."
Jaakko puts his hands down, looking annoyed.

"Trade schools or college, grants to learn something new. I couldn't think of another word to describe it, so forgive me for the word having negative connotations," he says with annoyance.

He finishes his sentence and thinks for a moment.

"Retraining maybe?"
Coaxoch ignores Jaakko, and responds to Gus instead.
: I do enjoy working with cars, It was a... hobby of mine.

She briefly looks at Musashi to make sure she used the right word.
: I spent a year restoring a 4868 Colt Fastback with the help of- ...a friend, it was good fun. Frustrating at times, but I never hated it.

Cualli pauses to take a sip of water. "Sometimes I wonder about what you think about humans. Like, what questions do you ask yourself about us and whatnot."
: Do humans fear death?
« Last Edit: August 26, 2016, 02:31:14 AM by Qwepir »

"I hope you don't mind me asking, but-... did anyone else from the Delta,- you know..."

Gus trails off with a vague hand gesture. His ears turn red again and he shifts his gaze to the table several times, swallowing hard.

Walter goes to sit in the recroom and do some more reading

"I hope you don't mind me asking, but-... did anyone else from the Delta,- you know..."

Gus trails off with a vague hand gesture. His ears turn red again and he shifts his gaze to the table several times, swallowing hard.
: Make it out? I believe so. Coryza and Malanta are close enough that anyone with a boat could have rowed their way there. I assume most would have attempted the longer trip to Austerra instead.

Walter goes to sit in the recroom and do some more reading
Arkhip is in there reading as well, and Nagato and Yamato have taken to watching TV. Or attempting to, at least.
: What the hell? Where are all the channels, we aren't getting stuff!
: Is something unplugged?
: No, I looked.
: Probably space junk.

Yamato looks over the back of her seat at Arkhip.
: Uh, what?
: Space junk. That little space war the Mercanans and Goths have been having has made a complete mess of our planet's orbit. Around a month ago, the MSXA even said that the risk of debris strikes are so high that they don't want to send any manned missions up until something is done to clean it up. Probably not good for satellite TV, either.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2016, 03:57:39 PM by Qwepir »

Jaakko remembers Tocatlan vividly.

"Would any of you ever go back to the Delta? If it was safe to go back? I think I'd go back to see Tocatlan, if only just once," he says somberly.

He looks like he tries to find more words, but he can't.

She looks at Elu. "A lot of humans do, yeah," Cualli says, absently messing with the lid of her water bottle. "We tend to fear what we don't know, and death is a big unknown. I'm told that faith helps with getting over that fear, though."

She pauses for several moments. "...do you fear it?" she asks, her voice somewhat quieter.