Poll

period race

Author Topic: ABS FIESTA REDUX  (Read 1243247 times)

I head over to the area where the pencil pushers plan attacks and get us funding, and ask if they indeed have a disposable Jaguar.
You get a few strange looks from the requisitions officers, but they ultimately grant you access to one of the captured Jags, and tell you the hangar it's sitting in should you choose to inspect it.

You get a few strange looks from the requisitions officers, but they ultimately grant you access to one of the captured Jags, and tell you the hangar it's sitting in should you choose to inspect it.

I thank them, and begin walking to the hangar they pointed out.

I go get my stuff from the transport jet and move it to the barracks. Once I'm done with that, I head out to the tarmac to see what they've got. My eyes drift towards a Mirage 4000, an interceptor. Oh hell yes, that's perfect. I head for the supply office to ask a requisitions officer for one.

I thank them, and begin walking to the hangar they pointed out.
The plane you were given, while still looking serviceable, has probably seen better days. It's clear that a lot of its parts have been replaced over the years, and there are dings, scratches, and blast scoring all over the parts that haven't. Near the roosterpit are a number of kill markings, around ten tanks and six reinforced bunkers. On the tailfin is a caricature of an angry-looking cross between scorpion and centipede, recognizable to you as a mythical creature that inhabits the deep jungle, along with some Huit writing that identifies the plane as having belonged to the 0872 Indentured Squadron.

Once I get to the building, I head to the requisitions office, and ask one of the officers there if there's a Mirage 4000 available for me to use.

I dig around in the two hangars I have access to, looking to find a hand cart.

Eventually I find a four wheeled cart and I begin loading buckets of paint, rust removal kits, and a few other things (glass polish (for the roosterpit) for example), too. I put them in plain view within the Jaguar's hangar, and go on another spree to find spare Jaguar parts, an aircraft-level industrial jack, possibly a maintenance forklift, a welding kit, a riveting kit, a wire replacement kit, and an enthusiastic technician who is on break. Unfortunately I doubt that I'm going to be lucky enough to find an enthusiastic technician who is on break.

The Aesthians techs around the base make half-hearted excuses as to why they can't help, and the Kintharians just glare at you judgementally without saying a word. Finally, you come across a trio of Mercanans who, coincidentally enough, are coming back from their break from restoring the plane that was lent to you.

I follow Steele to the requisitions office and ask for an A-10.

also I should add that Rye is like, 5'7".
He isn't very tall.

"I gotta admit, you three have done an astounding job on refurbishing this Jaguar so far. I have a few ideas as to how we could paint it, by the way, seeing as how there is no official paint-job for it, at least on our side.

My idea was that we could keep the whole tail's design, but have a thick NCS-yellow borderline, which would be embroidered by about 16 dark orange stars, signifying the kills previously claimed by the craft. Not to celebrate the fact that they've been killed, but to commemorate them. As for the fuselage and wings, it'd be fine to give it the same paintjob you'd normally apply to the other strike aircraft."

We begin taking apart the aircraft, repairing old sections and repainting the skin entirely. Well, for the tail, it's more of a touch up on the skin than a repaint, but yeah.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 04:30:16 PM by Juncoph »

I climb out of the aircraft. It's the early evening, flying took some time. I hesitate to take off my equipment, and instead wander around looking for the transport aircraft that are supposed to haul over our stuff. I finally find it, then dig around for my bag. The process takes ten minutes. I snag it and head to our designated barracks. It's an old barracks, though it appears to be more recently renovated. I walk in. There is a large common room on the ground floor. I find my room on the second floor. It's larger than my old room. There's a full bed in here, standing closet, mini-fridge, microwave, and a desk. There's no computer, and I didn't bring one. The bed has no covers, and there's no pillow. It looks like these barracks have been in mothballs for some time. Otherwise, these are better living conditions than my last room.

I find there is a small bathroom in a closet-like space. There's also a sink, and a wall-mounted mirror. The showers are down the hall.

I unpack what little I brought. I have a few trinkets, a smartphone, it's charger, and a headset.

I look at the wall plug's. I didn't anticipate that there would be a change in the type of plug. stuff.

Later I head down to the command center, and put in a request with NAUC requisitions officers for the delivery of a MiG-29.

qwepir, got a picture of something with a gaian treaty organization camo/paintjob/real life equivalent of a gaian treaty organization member's paintjob/camo? or a description?
NAUC uses whatever fits the region they're fighting in, for the most part. Not that camouflage is all that useful in the age of beyond-visual-range fighting.
Mercana uses desert digital camo.
Huits use camo with sand and olive drabs.
Zentragoths use two-tone grey color schemes.
Kintharia I think uses urban digital camo but you'd have to ask xxxxkill.

Ace squadrons often have their own flashy custom color schemes but you don't have to worry about painting your planes like that yet.

Once I get to the building, I head to the requisitions office, and ask one of the officers there if there's a Mirage 4000 available for me to use.
I follow Steele to the requisitions office and ask for an A-10.
Later I head down to the command center, and put in a request with NAUC requisitions officers for the delivery of a MiG-29.
Your pilot sheets have been updated.

In addition, the PILOT ROSTER has been updated and you now each have your own loadout sheet. When you're picking out equipment for your plane, please fill it out there. And for the love of god don't vandalize each other's sheets.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 05:10:49 PM by Qwepir »

i'd like my char to come back but if it's too late that's okay

It's not too late to sign up.