Poll

period race

Author Topic: ABS FIESTA REDUX  (Read 1232283 times)

"I can't believe they still work."
"No kidding. I can understand if they do given good maintenance, but in Poorlaq? Really? How do they even have these things?"

"Their engines really show off the need for some good maintenance, I'll tell you that."

I pull a 180 to engage the MiGs that have been struggling to maintain their speed.

I boom and zoom the last bomber with my auto cannon, aiming for the wings. I make a bank and send a missile towards one of the MiGs once I straighten myself out.
The wing snaps off like gold plastic and the bomber spirals out of control, its weapon load detonating before it hits the treeline.

I make a bank and send a missile towards one of the MiGs once I straighten myself out.
Somehow, the pilot has acquired some functional flares and uses them to spoof the missile.

I fire another missile at another MiG
This pilot was not as fortunate, and has to resort to his lack of piloting skills to avoid the missile. Needless to say, he fails, and abandons his stricken craft as it falls out of the sky.

and spray another one within gun range with cannon fire.
It catches fire and struggles to keep in the air.

I pull a 180 to engage the MiGs that have been struggling to maintain their speed.
There were two MiGs chasing you. One of them was lit on fire by Steele and has been sent into a dive, while the other used its flares to avoid Daxton's missile and continues to attempt to climb and meet you. But the pilot pushes his angle of attack too hard and suddenly finds himself in a stall, virtually helpless.

Without missing a beat, I fire my autocannon at the stalled MiG.

The MiG I missed (and the one stalled) gets a burst of cannon fire.

Isn't he behind you/below/not in front of you.

The burning MiG hits the trees, leaving nothing behind but a minor forest fire.

Its juicy, tender, relatively motionless underside is riddled full of holes and the plane itself explodes.

: Mjolnir Flight, I am reading no additional targets. Return to my position for rearmament and we will resume our patrol path.

Isn't he behind you/below/not in front of you.
Juncoph turned around to engage it.

I turn and head to Odin's position. "Odin, give my an idea on how that thing works."

I rendezvouz with Odin.
"Ready and awaiting resupply."

I rendezvouz with Odin.
"Ready and awaiting resupply."
: Stand by.
The blue light shines over you again and you can hear the missiles materializing on their hardpoints.

: Resupply complete.

I turn and head to Odin's position. "Odin, give my an idea on how that thing works."
: Stand by for rearmament first.
Your plane recieves the same treatment while Kelton exposits at you.

: We don't quite know how it works, that's something you'd have to ask Kintharian R&D. All we understand about it is that it somehow assembles stocks of raw materials into functional armaments and transports them to your hardpoints.
: Resupply complete.
: It has greatly increased the staying power of our combat forces, since we can now rearm mid-flight even easier than we can refuel. If you're running out of munitions during a fight, just come visit the AWACS and they can get you back in the fray.
: Just try not to bring any enemy planes with you.

I pull back to the tip of Odin's right wing.
"I'd imagine that we can't get access to that sort of information."

After being in stasis while the metaphysical power controlling me sleeps I maneuver into position for a rearmament, noting Odin of my actions as well. 

"Honestly, this might seem bleeding edge to us, but knowing these militaries, they've probably got something even scarier on the roster."

I finally find my room after ten minutes of searching. This base must have been designed by a sadistic architect, that or years of renovation have left the place being a cluttered mess. I don't know.

What does the base look like/what are the living arrangements?

The rest of the patrol goes off without any further issues, and before too long you have landed back at the base.

What does the base look like/what are the living arrangements?
It probably looks like whatever an average modern airbase looks like, I've never been to one so I wouldn't know myself.

After landing, I taxi back to the hangar. I wait for Junkers, so we can discuss the patrol.

Walking out of the hangar, I spot Talisman. "So.. Porlaq's performed an act of war... They may be presumptuous, but I have a feeling they have something backing them up. There's no way in hell that they expect to fight us with the kind of garbage they have rusting in their hangars."

"On the other hand, they could be rogues attempting to cause a conflict."