ABS FIESTA REDUX

Poll

period race

Author Topic: ABS FIESTA REDUX  (Read 1222299 times)

Standard writing conventions apply and italics should be reserved for thoughts and emphasis. This isn't a tyranny but don't expect to make a lot of people - in particular, the people who run this thread - happy if you keep this sort of stuff up. This applies to everybody, not just the present offenders.
Stay smart. Read a book. Whatever. Just don't italicize half your post.
stuff

Standard writing conventions apply and italics should be reserved for thoughts and emphasis. This isn't a tyranny but don't expect to make a lot of people - in particular, the people who run this thread - happy if you keep this sort of stuff up. This applies to everybody, not just the present offenders.

nice touch, making your post an example of how to properly use italics

Hank then starts the engine of the plane, making sure everything is in order, he moves his plane to the Taxi lane and asks the ATC if he can launch

Hank then starts the engine of the plane, making sure everything is in order, he moves his plane to the Taxi lane and asks the ATC if he can launch

The air traffic control officer's voice crackles through after a brief burst of static, calm and quiet, much like the day currently is. "First Lieutenant Henry... Aye. Weapons are presently disabled so don't expect a dogfight, but you're cleared for takeoff," he exposits. A brief check of the fuel gauge reveals that the F-20 is not even at half, but certainly enough for a brief leisurely flight near the base.

nice touch, making your post an example of how to properly use italics

My bouts of genius are few and far between.

ah. alright.

I notice the man who had recently grabbed a cup of the same coffee.
"It tastes like stuff, doesn't it?"

Not sure whether or not to use "" or not.

stuff, sorry about the double post.

Yes, you use quotation marks to indicate you are talking, like anywhere else.

Basically the way it should be done is like a novel from the first person perspective. Such as:

I violently slammed the throttle to its fullest, kicking the afterburners to life as I attempted to pursue the rat bastard who had the gall to scratch my paint.
"You lecherous pig," I grumbled, slapping his hand away from me, my off-hand reaching for the sidearm at my side. "I wouldn't even have you drawn and quartered, I'd rather have the satisfaction myself."
The missiles streaked past my roosterpit, the rocket engines leaving sears of darkness in my retinas. Too close, I thought to myself, righting my aircraft with shaking hands.

So really, the same as anywhere else.

"It tastes like stuff, doesn't it?"

In response to this, I chug half the cup.

"'It's pretty weak compared to the stuff I'm used to, yeah. Gotta get a lot in me for it to do anything besides taste bitter."

I swig the other half of my coffee, and start refilling my cup at the machine.

I stare at the man violently swigging down his fresh coffee.
"Holy stuff dude, isn't it hot? How do you not have 1st degree burns?"

I stare at the man violently swigging down his fresh coffee.
"Holy stuff dude, isn't it hot? How do you not have 1st degree burns?"

"You, uh, know there's a slider that adjusts the temperature this stuff boils at? It's on the back, kinda hard to reach, but if it's below 120c I can handle it. Nobody really knows how or why but in my family line we have a history of not getting scalded easily."

"You, uh, know there's a slider that adjusts the temperature this stuff boils at? It's on the back, kinda hard to reach, but if it's below 120c I can handle it. Nobody really knows how or why but in my family line we have a history of not getting scalded easily."
"No, I didn't know that. That's also weird."

"No, I didn't know that. That's also weird."

"So... what made you enlist? I actually own a crop duster back home, though the farm it came with is long gone. Flying's always been a hobby, and now it's my job."

I walked into the messhall, assuming those Tigersharks weren't mine to use. I walked over to the coffee machine, where a couple other pilots were.
"Hey," I said, getting myself a cup of coffee.

Hank goes to the take off lane (dunno what it's called) and takes off into the clouds

I don't feel like rping the take-off
« Last Edit: March 01, 2015, 07:46:17 PM by Agent Legit 22 »