ABS FIESTA REDUX

Poll

period race

Author Topic: ABS FIESTA REDUX  (Read 1210698 times)

I taxi to the position that Talisman was occupying, and a moment after his wheels hit the wind I query for takeoff.

I taxi to the position that Talisman was occupying, and a moment after his wheels hit the wind I query for takeoff.
You recieve more or less the same message as Steele.

"Roger."

The Throttle hits its limit and I'm in the air, and heading for my squadron's navpoint.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 07:12:59 PM by Juncoph »

After a bit of flying you finally reach the navpoint and meet up with the AWACS and Kelton. (For the purposes of because I know that everyone can't always be on the forums at all times, I'll assume Daxton took off with everyone else.)

: Nice of you all to finally show up.
: Lieutenant Kelton, please move into position for test of the COMRO system.
: Understood, Odin.

Kelton maneuvers his MiG-29 above and behind the AWACS. An electronics pod on the aft section of the craft bathes his plane in a cone of blue light, and a quartet of heatseekers materialize on his wing pylons.

: Replenishment complete, test was successful.

Hank sits on a bench, eating a sandwich with his coffee. He wonders where everyone went.

Bell leans against the balcony of the control tower, looking through a pair of binoculars.

i uh
do what they did

I hardly speak much and keep to myself in the back of the formation. I look at Lt. Kelton's plane get additional heatseekers and note it over the radio.
"Where did they get that?" I say. Although I already have an idea, I am just putting it up for some conversation.

The bus maneuvers back and forth, dodging the roadblocks. It's enough to make me wake up. The others on the bus are rocking back and forth, as it sways. We ride about a kilometer and slow to a stop at yet another roadblock. My eyes burn, and there's a nice puddle of drool on my luggage. I wipe it off with my sleeve. I scrape the sleep out of my eyes and flick it down towards the ground.

Another kilometer or two of winding roads and we reach the actual base. We shuffle out and, after some minor processing, disperse. I wonder if the CO will have my ass for not being on base on time.

But, then again, there were quiet a few of us that got held up in that traffic jam.

"I'm damn certain it's classified. Who are you, by the way?"
I myself am staring in awe at the missiles that literally just appeared on Kelton's plane.

"...Huh," I say, absorbed in the fact that the AWACS can apparently teleport/construct ordnance onto aircraft.

"I'm damn certain it's classified. Who are you, by the way?"
I myself am staring in awe at the missiles that literally just appeared on Kelton's plane.
"I am Turtle." I say, a little faint in interaction. "Or... my name?" I say nervously. I occupy myself with my thumbs.

"...nevermind, we can discuss that on the ground." I say kind of unfocusedly, still in awe at the fact that Odin can literally materialize stuff onto a plane in mid-air.

: Mjolnir flight, we're picking up some unidentified aircraft probing our territory. Looks like two large airplanes and a handful of smaller ones. Move to your updated nav point and see what's going on.

"On it."
I change course to the new waypoint.

Still distracted by the mysterious tech in the AWACS I almost didn't notice its crew talk on the radio.
"Hm?-- O-oh... Roger," is all I get out before I set my heading for the intercept nav.

"This sounds like a pretty dangerous force. Hopefully it's just some confused civilian planes or something."
« Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 10:01:28 PM by Juncoph »