ABS FIESTA REDUX

Poll

period race

Author Topic: ABS FIESTA REDUX  (Read 1230111 times)

The base intercom crackles to life.
"Lieutenants Guerra, Steele, Daxton, and Kelton, report to your planes for patrol duty. Guerra, Steele, Daxton, and Kelton, report to your planes."
(First come first serve here, folks.)
(It would be a bit silly for the entire squadron to go up on a routine air patrol so we're limiting it to four pilots. Sorry if you missed out on this mission, you'll be basically guaranteed to go on the next one as a consolation.)

The technicians have already kitted your planes out as follows:
Mirage 2000C
Rotary Autocannon x1
Heat-Seeking Missiles x6
« Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 05:41:02 PM by Qwepir »

"Looks like we should get going. We've been given Tigersharks, right?"

By the time I finish saying Tigersharks, we're already headed for our hangars.

lube me up and throw me in that roster qwepir
« Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 10:46:02 AM by Juncoph »

"Let's go then."
I start walking to the hangars with Junkers.

sign me up

I get out of the showers after a long day of getting my affairs in order; claiming a bunk near the back of the room, putting my books under my bed, getting a quick bite to eat.

Being I am exhausted, CO conveniently decides to put me on a roster for patrol. I sigh and get in my flight attire and head down to the hangar.

Me being me, I just remembered I didn't even introduce myself to anyone in my squad.
Well okay.

Hank sticks the landing and slows down the Tigershark to a low speed, he then enters the Taxi Lane and parks the plane at its formal hangar
stuff, I'm late for something, aren't I?
He thinks

just read thru op for the umpteenth time and realized my character can speak antagonistian

hmmm radio tapping equipment crammed into my plane pls

Dedicated radio tapping equipment is heavy and bulky and would take up a lot of space.
This runs on Ace Combat rules though so you'll be able to hear the enemy squadron talking among themselves anyway, though actual mission-critical info will be on encrypted channels that would require the AWACS to relay to you.

Dedicated radio tapping equipment is heavy and bulky and would take up a lot of space.
This runs on Ace Combat rules though so you'll be able to hear the enemy squadron talking among themselves anyway, though actual mission-critical info will be on encrypted channels that would require the AWACS to relay to you.

in that case ill wait till my character contacts a black market and imports i get allocated a captured transport ship from huitz

In the interest of time, an NPC will be filling in the final slot.

You all arrive at the hangar around the same time to find your Mirages prepped and ready for takeoff. One of the technicians remarks on your timeliness.
"About time you slackers got here, Lieutenant Kelton is already in the air. Best not to keep him waiting."

I hop into my Mirage, get her booted up, then start the engines. I taxi out to the runway, perform pre-flight checks.
"Tower, this is Talisman, requesting permission to take off."

I watch in jealousy as the pilots walk out of the mess hall.
Lucky bastards.

In line behind Talisman is Junkers, fiddling with every knob, lever and button within reach to make sure he isn't flying a lemon right out of the assembly line. Luckily nobody noticed he thought he was given a Tigershark.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 05:54:12 PM by Juncoph »

I hop into my Mirage, get her booted up, then start the engines. I taxi out to the runway, perform pre-flight checks.
"Tower, this is Talisman, requesting permission to take off."
"Talisman you are cleared for takeoff, head to navpoint Alpha and rendezvous with the AWACS and Lieutenant Kelton once you're airborne."

"Copy."
I push the lever to full, and the afterburners roar to life. The plane speeds down the runway and I pull up, and change heading to navpoint Alpha.

Hank walks into the mess hall and walks to the coffee machine to get himself a coffee.
He chugs it down and wipes the excess coffee off of his mouth.