ABS FIESTA REDUX

Poll

period race

Author Topic: ABS FIESTA REDUX  (Read 1227364 times)

Gaffe starts to line up a firing solution on the control tower, and launches his last JSM at the tower.

Bell fires four JSMs at the SAM tubes. Ellie comes out of her evasive maneuvers to lock onto each of the center cruise missile launch tubes along with the remaining PPC battery. She fires off all of her AGMs at them and pulls away to screen for enemy fighters.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2018, 04:02:01 PM by Operator¹ »

The Shiva's warning receiver screams at Lorens. A pillar of smoke juts from the destroyer and grows, snaking in his direction.

"Gah, forget! SAM launch 12 o'clock! I'm defending!"

Lorens keeps his eyes where he thinks the missile is and starts counting. Some seconds later, he releases a chaff cloud and enters a barrel roll to evade.
Shiva base EV 58
Experience provides bonus of  2
Chaff provides bonus of  40
SAM provides penalty of  40
Test taken at 60
Roll: 79 - failure

The SAM slams into the sluggish strike plane, your life saved by the ablative fabricator.

Gaffe starts to line up a firing solution on the control tower, and launches his last JSM at the tower.
The missile strikes the sensor tower of the Adamas, leaving it blinded.

Bell fires four JSMs at the SAM tubes. Ellie comes out of her evasive maneuvers to lock onto each of the center cruise missile launch tubes along with the remaining PPC battery. She fires off all of her AGMs at them and pulls away to screen for enemy fighters.
The Joint Strikes fired on the SAM array slam home one after the other until the final missile is blasting through the other side of the destroyer, taking the far aft turret as collateral.
The AGMs are equally overkill, setting off multiple secondary detonations within the Adamas. Gouts of flame shoot out of the destroyer's ventilation scoops, and the whole airship begins sinking aft-first at a steady pace.

Theme

Walter fires his Gauss rifles on kraxe-3 and then begins to evade again in presumable search of new Fenrirs.

"Contact 4 and 6 are setting up for a run on the carrier, I'm trying to deal with these Fenrirs right now but I'll try to hit them if no one else can."
AKM accuracy 55
Experience provides bonus of  4
Test taken at 59
Roll: 76 - failure

You miss.

"[loving- stuff!]"
Markus switches on thermal and fires two AAMs at Sleipnir-1 before going evasive to avoid return fire.
Crash leaves Sleipnir 1 with two more AAMs
Mygg base EV 95
Experience provides bonus of  8
Flares provides bonus of  80
AAM 1 provides penalty of  35
AAM 2 provides penalty of  35
AAM 3 provides penalty of  35
AAM 4 provides penalty of  35
Test taken at 43
Roll: 39 - success

The All-Aspects don't kill the target, but they do cause the pilot to reevaluate his situation.
: I can't stay here, guys, she's coming apart on me. Sleipnir 1 egressing, vector two nine zero.
: Roger that, sir, we'll keep 'em busy.

Sleipnir 1 turns northwest after passing you and begins moving to exit the combat zone.

and retaliates against Kraxe-1 with an EML shot.
EML accuracy 40
Experience provides bonus of  5
Test taken at 45
Roll: 87 - failure

The enemy Fenrir slips away into the night sky.

Ash turns around, checks his mirrors and tries to spot the bandit tailing him. The MAW tone jolts his senses, and he quickly releases two more strings of flares and jinks hard to fend off the missiles.
"This forgeter's still on me!"
Keeping the Typhoon in its turn, Ash brings the visor down, turns on his helmet-mounted display and looks at the Fenrir. He pulls back harder and tries to bring the bandit into the all-aspect seeker's gimbal radius.
Typhoon base EV 82
Test taken at 92
Roll: 33 - success

Aware of the lock-on, the Fenrir begins cloaking. The lock remains in place as the plane shimmers out of sight in your rear views, but based on your knowledge of Crash's success with the airframe you know you only have scant seconds before your missiles won't be able to see it either.

Virvel nicks Sleipnir 7 with her laser and looses a trio of heatseekers that get disposed of by hostile flares.
: Give it a rest, deserter! You're never gonna hit me with those things!
: You want me to clip your wings the old fashioned way, huh? Cause I can do that too! I'll have your bloody helmet run through on the end of my radar probe!

Sleipnir 3 and 7 are now headed towards the maw of the carrier, Virvel pursuing the latter and Sleipnir 4 and 6 finishing their turn and coming in behind her.

Sleipnir 2, seeing Tippy's inaction, cobras to shed most of its speed and allow Tippy to fly past it. It is now behind her.

« Last Edit: March 07, 2018, 05:48:14 PM by Qwepir »

"Looks like Izzy's going down. Let's get over to the other target."

Gaffe fires his guns at the tower as a parting shot and then turns around to make his approach to the other destroyer.

: Snowman, I'm heading over to you so I can seed chaff in case you get a SAM on you again. Skytracer, switch to overwatch so we don't get caught by surprise.

Bell flies the Flanker up next to the Shiva.

"Virvel if you can stop those fighters heading for the flight deck I'll cover your flank."

Walter turns and fires his LCPs on Sleipnir 4 and then drops two of his AAMs on 6

Markus brings his aircraft around to take aim at Sleipnir-6.

Jaakko is forced to let Kraxe 1 go, but find Kraxe 3 in close proximity, still hot from cloaking. He fires his last HSM and begins aiming.

Lorens

Lorens sees Bell's Flanker form at his wing.

"Roger Shortsword, I see you now, I'm turning to the next target," The Shiva enters a steeply banked turn and rolls out on a path to the IAZ Mercurial. Lorens readies the UAC for firing.

Ash

"No you don't!" Ash immediately mashes the weapons release button and sends two more all-aspect missiles, one each from his outer pylons. "Short fox ripple!"

"Looks like Izzy's going down. Let's get over to the other target."
Gaffe fires his guns at the tower as a parting shot and then turns around to make his approach to the other destroyer.
Turning to face the Mercurial, you see six new contacts on your scope.

: Snowman, I'm heading over to you so I can seed chaff in case you get a SAM on you again. Skytracer, switch to overwatch so we don't get caught by surprise.
Bell flies the Flanker up next to the Shiva.
Lorens sees Bell's Flanker form at his wing.
"Roger Shortsword, I see you now, I'm turning to the next target," The Shiva enters a steeply banked turn and rolls out on a path to the IAZ Mercurial. Lorens readies the UAC for firing.
The Mercurial isn't paying Mjolnir much attention, instead focusing its firepower on Djuriskas. Skytracer spots the incoming bandits at the same time as Gaffe.

: [Drokk! Adamas is sinking and Mercurial is about to join them, we're too late!]
: [Too late to stop them, maybe, but not too late to make them pay for what they've done!]

Theme

"Virvel if you can stop those fighters heading for the flight deck I'll cover your flank."

Walter turns and fires his LCPs on Sleipnir 4 and then drops two of his AAMs on 6
: I'm already on it!

LCP accuracy 50
Experience provides bonus of  4
Tiny target provides penalty of  10
Test taken at 44
Roll: 47 - failure
Reroll: 55 - failure

Mygg base EV 95
Experience provides bonus of  6
Test taken at 111
Roll: 56 - success

The pulse lasers go wide, and Sleipnir 6 spends two flares as it pulls away from the pursuit. Sleipnir 4 acquires a lock with its all-aspects and slings two over the shoulder at you.
: Buzz off, Imp! She's ours!

Markus brings his aircraft around to take aim at Sleipnir-6.
The Mygg is pulling upwards in the middle of evading Walt's all-aspects, and is quite vulnerable in its current position. However, Sleipnir 2 is a greater threat to one of your squadmates at this time.

Jaakko is forced to let Kraxe 1 go, but find Kraxe 3 in close proximity, still hot from cloaking. He fires his last HSM and begins aiming.
Fenrir base EV 91
HSM provides penalty of  25
Test taken at 74
Roll: 87 - failure

The plane gets hit by your heatseeker, and when the flame and smoke clears there's nothing left to be seen. Of course, Crash knows it's incredibly unlikely that the Fenrir would be done in by a single seeker.

"No you don't!" Ash immediately mashes the weapons release button and sends two more all-aspect missiles, one each from his outer pylons. "Short fox ripple!"
Fenrir base EV 91
Test taken at 109
Roll: 17 - success

The Fenrir's flares mixed with the explosion from Crash's heatseeker throw off the all-aspects.

Sleipnir 7 takes a few hits from Virvel's pulse laser and catches fire but keeps hurtling towards the carrier, a trajectory that has not gone unnoticed by the Imperials in the CIC and on the catapults.
: [Abort the launch and intensify forward firepower! Extend the deck armor!]
: [Oh, stuff!]

Sleipnir 3 and 7 will either enter or impact against the carrier next turn, and neither Virvel nor her pursuer show any sign of giving up the chase.

Markus instead switches targets to Sleipnir-2, taking a half-turn to aim and the other to fire.

The pulse lasers go wide, and Sleipnir 6 spends two flares as it pulls away from the pursuit. Sleipnir 4 acquires a lock with its all-aspects and slings two over the shoulder at you.
: Buzz off, Imp! She's ours!

: Oh I'm far from an Imperial buddy, did you think the other ace traitor just vanished and isn't here? Also if you happen to ask me, she's mine.

Walter drops four flares and follows in on the fighters entering the carrier, also firing his remaining all-aspects on Sleipnir-5 to discourage being followed
« Last Edit: March 09, 2018, 07:21:13 PM by Badger »

hey what are u supposed to do in this thread

: Deploy flares and disengage, I think we've done enough here.

Bell deploys flares and turns to disengage.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2018, 05:57:22 PM by Operator¹ »

Lorens

Lorens hears Bell's order as soon as the Shiva's RWR picks up the interdiction radar pings of several fast-movers.

"Nails confirmed 12 o'clock, Snowman egressing,"

Clearly no match for the newly-arrived threat, Lorens swings the Shiva back around and tosses out a set of flares to deter potential missile fire.

Ash

"Missed! forget!"

Ash keeps his eyes on where he last saw the Fenrir and tries to think of his options. He decides that attempting to outmaneuver a cloaked plane is likely futile and instead opts to fire on another target. Ash rolls out of the turn to face Slepnir-8 and locks on.

"Walt, I'm going after one of the guys on you, watch for missiles," Ash pushes the button and sends another three AAMs to the target, "Fox-2 ripple!"