ABS FIESTA REDUX

Poll

period race

Author Topic: ABS FIESTA REDUX  (Read 1230432 times)

: Deploy flares and disengage, I think we've done enough here.
Gaffe turns around and starts to disengage, popping flares and chaff to deflect missile fire.

: Deploy flares and disengage, I think we've done enough here.
Bell deploys flares and turns to disengage.
: Alright squad, it's time we weren't here. Frisk, give 'em a parting gift.
: You got it!

Frisk angles towards the new contacts and launches four heatseekers at separate targets in the formation to cover your escape.

Gaffe turns around and starts to disengage, popping flares and chaff to deflect missile fire.
Lorens hears Bell's order as soon as the Shiva's RWR picks up the interdiction radar pings of several fast-movers.
"Nails confirmed 12 o'clock, Snowman egressing,"
Clearly no match for the newly-arrived threat, Lorens swings the Shiva back around and tosses out a set of flares to deter potential missile fire.
The Imperial planes are currently dodging Frisk's salvo of heatseekers, but they don't seem keen on letting you go. Two of them are plainly picking their targets.

Theme

Markus instead switches targets to Sleipnir-2, taking a half-turn to aim and the other to fire.
LCP accuracy 50
Aim provides bonus of  10
Tiny target provides penalty of  10
Test taken at 50
Roll: 91 - failure

Your shots go wide, and the Aesthian plane opens fire on Tippy.

AC5 accuracy 50
Experience provides bonus of  6
Aim provides bonus of  20
Test taken at 76
Roll: 52 - success by 3 degrees

Scorch looks on as Tippy's number two engine begins belching flame and smoke after being riddled with 30mm shells.

: Oh I'm far from an Imperial buddy, did you think the other ace traitor just vanished and isn't here? Also if you happen to ask me, she's mine.

Walter drops four flares and follows in on the fighters entering the carrier, also firing his remaining all-aspects on Sleipnir-5 to discourage being followed
Nosferatu base EV 87
Experience provides bonus of  4
Flares provides bonus of  160
AAM 1 provides penalty of  35
AAM 2 provides penalty of  35
No Evading provides penalty of  87
Test taken at 94
Roll: 45 - success

You trash the two missiles and force Sleipnir 5 to give up the chase.

"Missed! forget!"
Ash keeps his eyes on where he last saw the Fenrir and tries to think of his options. He decides that attempting to outmaneuver a cloaked plane is likely futile and instead opts to fire on another target. Ash rolls out of the turn to face Slepnir-8 and locks on.
"Walt, I'm going after one of the guys on you, watch for missiles," Ash pushes the button and sends another three AAMs to the target, "Fox-2 ripple!"
Mygg base EV 95
Flares provides bonus of  40
AAM 3 provides penalty of  35
Test taken at 36
Roll: 59 - failure

Splash one Mygg.

Kraxe 1 decloaks behind Blackeye, opening fire.
AC5 accuracy 50
Experience provides bonus of  10
Aim provides bonus of  20
Test taken at 80
Roll: 11 - success
Result: 2 hits to left rear quarter

He is hit several times in the engine and picks up two all-aspects.

The carrier opens up with every gun that can face forward as the armored shutters begin closing at a glacial pace. A dozen LAMS emplacements and four particle cannons fire blindly at the approaching Aesthian planes, striking Sleipnir 3 and 4, blasting Sleipnir 7 into a ball of flaming debris, and stripping Virvel's armor.

Sleipnir 3 enters the central deck, Virvel in pursuit and Sleipnir 4 hot on her tail. This is Walt's last chance to have second thoughts.

: Snowman, you've got one of the Nosferatus tracking you, better launch all-aspects and evade.

Meanwhile, Ellie orders Kaneda-1 to fire off all-aspects on the two Imperial planes that aren't evading already.

Walter lines up to thread through the carrier deck and cover Virvel's flank on her exit.

Lorens

"Roger Shortsword, I got the spike, sending rear-outbound Fox-2,"

Lorens uses the Shiva's targeting pod to cue Onyx-2 and hits the weapons release button. Four all-aspect missiles drop from their pylons, flipping around and shooting back as the thrust-vectoring rocket motors kick in. Wary of Gauss-cannon fire, Lorens begins undulating his flight path as best he can while maintaining speed.

Ash

The cannon volley rattles the Typhoon. Ash feels the fighter yaw from asymmetrical thrust.

"There's one starfish!" Ash immediately releases two flare packets, pulls back on the stick for a high-G turn and quickly locks onto his assailant. He fires his last three all-aspect missiles at the threat and prays it's enough to dispatch the fighter.

« Last Edit: March 10, 2018, 10:59:00 PM by NoZoner »

Crash picks up Kraxe 1 again, aiming his EML and firing.

"[forget!]"
Markus fires his EML and two AAMs at the same target.

Ellie orders Kaneda-1 to fire off all-aspects on the two Imperial planes that aren't evading already.
"Roger Shortsword, I got the spike, sending rear-outbound Fox-2,"
Lorens uses the Shiva's targeting pod to cue Onyx-2 and hits the weapons release button. Four all-aspect missiles drop from their pylons, flipping around and shooting back as the thrust-vectoring rocket motors kick in. Wary of Gauss-cannon fire, Lorens begins undulating his flight path as best he can while maintaining speed.
: [Evade, Ulrich, it's not worth it.]
: [Copy.]

Nosferatu base EV 87
Flares provides bonus of  160
AAM 4 provides penalty of  35
AAM 5 provides penalty of  35
AAM 6 provides penalty of  35
Test taken at 47
Roll: 25 - success

Onyx 1 cuts across Onyx 2's nose to the right while the latter banks hard to the left, the two of them releasing two flares each.

Theme
Walter lines up to thread through the carrier deck and cover Virvel's flank on her exit.
Nosferatu base EV 87
Experience provides bonus of  4
Confined Space provides penalty of  20
Test taken at 71
Roll: 5 - success

You slip the Nosferatu under the shutters before they close and fly between the two Typhoons waiting to launch in pursuit of the Mygg up ahead. Attempting to fire on Virvel, all it succeeds in doing is spraying down the deck, walls, and ceiling. Virvel, for her part, is maintaining her cool as best as she can, snapping off a shot with the LCB that causes Sleipnir 3 to temporarily lose control enough to smash into the end of the runway and slide off towards destruction.
: Thought I'd blink, didn't you!

The cannon volley rattles the Typhoon. Ash feels the fighter yaw from asymmetrical thrust.

"There's one starfish!" Ash immediately releases two flare packets, pulls back on the stick for a high-G turn and quickly locks onto his assailant. He fires his last three all-aspect missiles at the threat and prays it's enough to dispatch the fighter.
Typhoon base EV 82
Flares provide bonus of  80
Test taken at 92
Roll: 82 - success

Fenrir base EV 90
Flares provides bonus of  80
Test taken at 75
Roll: 63 - success

The Fenrir deploys flares and jinks upwards, remaining on your six.

Crash picks up Kraxe 1 again, aiming his EML and firing.
EML accuracy 40
Test taken at 50
Roll: 98 - failure

The EML hits nothing but air.

"[forget!]"
Markus fires his EML and two AAMs at the same target.
EML accuracy 40
Test taken at 50
Roll: 67 - failure

Mygg base EV 95
Flares provides bonus of  40
Test taken at 71
Roll: 81 - failure

Another whiff from the EML, but the two All-Aspects reach their target and swat the bugger out of the sky.

Scorch retaliates with two AAMs of his own before dropping 3 strings of flares and evading.

Gaffe grunts as he realizes their escape will not be as easy as he'd hoped.

He clicks on comms. "Looks like we might have to fight this one out. I've only got one missile left- If I can get into gun range, I could shred them up pretty good. Otherwise I'm dead weight."

Gaffe starts evasive maneuvers to throw off Onyx-6's aim.

Walter tails the Sleipnir 4 and aims down on before firing his LCPs into the small air frame

Tippy maneuvers to get her sights on Sleipnir 6 and fires two HSMs

: Kommandmant, we can take Onyx 3, 4, and 6, can you guys handle the rest of them?

: Kommandmant, we can take Onyx 3, 4, and 6, can you guys handle the rest of them?
: Are you sure that's wise, Shortsword? If we turn around and get stuck in now, we won't be able to fall back if things start to go south.

: Alright, we'll keep going.

Bell switches her comms to contact the fleet.

: This is Mjolnir lead, we've neutralized the two destroyers, but we've got a squad of Imperial planes following us right now. You guys got any ideas?

Ellie takes evasive maneuvers to hopefully reduce her odds of being hit.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2018, 07:24:21 PM by Operator¹ »