Poll

period race

Author Topic: ABS FIESTA REDUX  (Read 1245774 times)

"2-1 to second flight, only target the engine or portside hull,"

I lock up the cruiser amidships and fire a spread of four RGMs. The tiny lights zip away from the craft.

Bell fires two HSMs at one of the LAMS emplacements to throw off the point-defense systems

"Copy."
I start firing with the pulse laser at the port hull, and fire off two RGMs, keeping them in the lock circle.

I locate a decently sized hole in the damaged side of the ship, and it appears to be tunneled towards the engine room. I line myself up and let out a long burst into it.

I apply more throttle to the engines and line myself up with the bridge letting out controlled bursts towards it as I pass.

Bell fires two HSMs at one of the LAMS emplacements to throw off the point-defense systems
The LAMS stutters and fails to keep up even with the paltry two incoming missiles. One of them is shot down and the other knocks out the emplacement entirely.

"2-1 to second flight, only target the engine or portside hull,"
I lock up the cruiser amidships and fire a spread of four RGMs. The tiny lights zip away from the craft.
The missiles blow the already-battered hull to smithereens. The ship is now burning and listing heavily.

"Copy."
I start firing with the pulse laser at the port hull, and fire off two RGMs, keeping them in the lock circle.
If you're in gun range, you ain't in RGM range. Granted, you're so close and against such a large target that it doesn't matter, but it is literally impossible for you to keep them in the lock circle while firing your gun AND avoiding a collision. You break off to avoid a collision and are raked with LAMS fire as you go by.

I locate a decently sized hole in the damaged side of the ship, and it appears to be tunneled towards the engine room. I line myself up and let out a long burst into it.
In what can only be described as "completely overkill", you fill the engine room with a stupidly large amount of explosive shells that destroy the sensitive equipment inside. The airship slows to a stop, but remains afloat somehow.

I apply more throttle to the engines and line myself up with the bridge letting out controlled bursts towards it as I pass.
The bridge is lit up, but isn't destroyed.

« Last Edit: March 14, 2017, 11:47:55 AM by Qwepir »

I slave the seeker to the carrier and put it in my radar circle, letting loose two RGMs with the press of a button. The two missiles shoot off the pylons and cackle as they puncture the sound barrier.

Bell checks the thermals to see where the power for the ship is coming from.

Faw fires a HSM at a SAM emplacement and scan the craft for any weakpoints or cracks.

I fire an HSM at one of the Naval cannons

I line myself up again, this time with a hole in the center of the ship's side. I get a burst about as long as the first one in before breaking off.

"What did I say about attacking peripherals, damnit?! 2-Flight shoot the loving hull! She'll go down right away if you do that!" I radio.

I watch the light show ensue.

"AWACS are you available for COMRO resupply?"

Official Thread Music

I slave the seeker to the carrier and put it in my radar circle, letting loose two RGMs with the press of a button. The two missiles shoot off the pylons and cackle as they puncture the sound barrier.
They streak towards the carrier, only to be intercepted by LAMS fire well before it impacts the ship.
: [Sir! The Myrmidon is taking fire from Quadrant Gamma! Enemy planes must have slipped through our radar somehow.]
: [Onyx, break your current engagements and follow me. We're stopping these upstarts before they become any more of a problem.]

An enemy squadron breaks off to intercept you, but you can't quite distinguish them from the blob of contacts yet.

Bell checks the thermals to see where the power for the ship is coming from.
You notice that the ship's reactor is currently out of control and about to go critical.

Faw fires a HSM at a SAM emplacement and scan the craft for any weakpoints or cracks.
The SAM emplacement is taken out, along with all the surrounding ones. There are weakpoints and cracks EVERYWHERE.

I fire an HSM at one of the Naval cannons
The cannon's barrel is destroyed.

I line myself up again, this time with a hole in the center of the ship's side. I get a burst about as long as the first one in before breaking off.
You speed along the reactor's destabilization, culminating in a fiery explosion that breaks the ship in half and sends it crashing down below. Thankfully, this time there are no major engagements going on beneath it.
: Oh no, not again...

"AWACS are you available for COMRO resupply?"
: We're here, but there'll be quite a wait involved. There's several AWACS craft in the AO, you'll have to see who's busy and who's not when you want a resupply.

« Last Edit: March 14, 2017, 11:48:21 AM by Qwepir »

I had witnessed Sabre's shot disappear off in the distance.

"Whisky, form on me! I smell trouble!"

that was what i like to call

😎

a professionally secured kill

I enter a shallow climb, watching the radar and my armament's heat levels as I gain altitude.