Poll

period race

Author Topic: ABS FIESTA REDUX  (Read 1232042 times)

I look up and see the massive explosion over the base, almost blinding myself. Geary's plane, a Sabre, and the Sky Marshal's plane come down in dozens of flaming chunks.
"Oh, Ark..."

As Walt changes his heading to the next airbase and reviewing his status he pauses as his lungs start to lift as he begins breathing heavier, the realization of him living through the battle and who passed finally catches up to him. A guilty feeling comes across his chest and diaphragm as he continues onto the next base trying to relax himself.

The last two walkers start running up towards you from behind, alerting you to their presence with a laser streaking past your field of view.

Tippy accepts this game of chicken and goes in full charge MMG blazing. firing a shell at the furthest but bringing her weight down to bear on her true target.

I sigh.
"This is disastrous."

Jaakko twinges and fires an accidental UAC shot. It misses horribly. The vail around his aircraft falls. He yells in the roosterpit as he has forced his own hand. He fires his remaining three AAMs on to the Sabre.
*veil
Sabre base EV 73
Crippling despair provides penalty of 40
AAM 1 provides penalty of 35
AAM 2 provides penalty of 35
AAM 3 provides penalty of 35
Test taken at EV -72
Roll: 55 - failure

The target almost seems to have given up.

Gus strafes the two walkers charging Tippy, holding down the trigger once more and slowing down to maximize his time on target.
You blow the arm off one of them, staggering it somewhat, but not slowing it down much.

Tippy accepts this game of chicken and goes in full charge MMG blazing. firing a shell at the furthest but bringing her weight down to bear on her true target.
Tippy's Ballistic Skill 45
Medium range provides no bonuses or penalties
Single shot provides bonus of 10
Moving shot provides penalty of 10
Test taken at 45
Roll: 28 - success
Target hit in Right Leg

You blow a leg off the walker, and when it goes to take its next step it faceplants and crushes the canopy.

Firefly's Ballistic Skill 45
Medium range provides no bonuses or penalties
Rapid fire provides no bonuses or penalties
Moving shot provides penalty of 10
Test taken at 35
Roll: 68 - failure
Miss

The remaining walker fails to hit you at all.

« Last Edit: March 16, 2017, 06:49:14 PM by Qwepir »

Tippy pushes to close the distance, machine gun still firing to ram the motherforgeter

Gus continues firing at the walker, breaking off seconds before smacking into the pavement.

LCPs on target while a walker is trying to ram it, this will end well
« Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 10:41:17 PM by CypherX »

Gus continues firing at the walker, breaking off seconds before smacking into the pavement.
You hit both walkers a few times before you are forced to disengage.

Tippy pushes to close the distance, machine gun still firing to ram the motherforgeter
The lighter enemy walker takes the impact much worse than Pags' pet project, getting knocked right off its feet and landing on its back while you remain standing. The fuel tank miraculously doesn't go up immediately, but flamer fuel is seeping out and onto the ground around it. The other pilot throws open the canopy and starts attempting to get out of his vehicle, clearly disoriented from the fall.

« Last Edit: March 16, 2017, 06:49:55 PM by Qwepir »

Tippy's mech stops and its weapons remain silent. Her canopy opens an she lowers the mech to the ground. A loud thud could be heard from her boots as she drops down from the canopy. She pulls out her pistol and steps carefully around the fuel on the ground, keeping the barrel trained on the shocked pilot.

"You."

As you disembark and walk further from the walker, you hear someone shouting at you from the radio.
: God dammit, what are you doing!? We don't have time to play boy scouts, get back in the walker and get over here!

She pulls out her pistol and steps carefully around the fuel on the ground, keeping the barrel trained on the shocked pilot.
"You."
They stare at you through a faceless pilot's helmet, then raise their hands up.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2017, 07:16:03 PM by Qwepir »

After a half an hour of sitting here, it hits me. How many we lost. Geary's dead, I'm probably going to die, as far as I know, hundreds died on base, and so much else has happened, so quickly. I find myself shocked at my lack of any emotional response to any of the deaths.  If I was in shock before, I'm not now, and I start to feel the full extent of my injuries. I break down and start sobbing, quietly.
Ark's exhaust, I'm pathetic.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2018, 05:02:49 PM by Gojira »

He keeps his hands up.
: [I cannot understand you.]
« Last Edit: March 16, 2017, 07:16:26 PM by Qwepir »