ABS FIESTA REDUX

Poll

period race

Author Topic: ABS FIESTA REDUX  (Read 1232193 times)

Walter Fires his LCBs on Snowman and then changes target to fire a TAG on Frisk as he drops a preemptive flare near transport 2.

: Attempting TAG on Bravo Three.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2018, 12:05:13 PM by Badger »

Gaffe vectors his fighter towards Scorch's aircraft and fires 2 JSMs at him. Out of the corner of his eye he notices the Panzertransports moving towards the Brynhildr.

"Command, chief, any idea what those VTOL's are doing here?"
« Last Edit: April 10, 2018, 01:34:38 PM by ZombiLoin »

Crash drops two strings of flares and evades, firing two HSMs at Coma to throw her off balance.

Lorens

"Tally incoming bandit, 8 o'clock! Snowman, engaged defensive!" Lorens starts swerving the Shiva about in guns defense, preserving as much speed as possible to continue moving away from the cruiser.

Ash

Ash flinches as Ellie's laser fire lights up the Typhoon. "Armor ablated! I'm still in the fight!" I guess we're past the point of holding back! He immediately initiates guns defense and retaliates by unleashing four of his all-aspect missiles off-bore. "Blackeye, ripple Fox-2 on the Wyvern!"

Bell deploys two packets of flares and attempts to dump the missiles.

: Heads up Kommandmant, that Nosferatu's gunning for you.

Ellie launches the burst missile at Blackeye's plane.

"Snowman, I'll cover you."

She peels off and follows after the Shiva.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2018, 06:43:48 PM by Operator¹ »

Gaffe vectors his fighter towards Scorch's aircraft and fires 2 JSMs at him. Out of the corner of his eye he notices the Panzertransports moving towards the Brynhildr.

"Command, chief, any idea what those VTOL's are doing here?"
: Negative. But it's safe to assume anything they want to do with those VTOLs is something we don't want. Your primary objective is still to disable the Brynhildr, but destroy them if an opportunity presents itself.

"Tally incoming bandit, 8 o'clock! Snowman, engaged defensive!" Lorens starts swerving the Shiva about in guns defense, preserving as much speed as possible to continue moving away from the cruiser.
PPC accuracy 60
Experience provides bonus of  12
Aim provides bonus of  20
Evasion provides penalty of 20
Test taken at 72
Roll: 46 - success

Xiaomei fires her particle cannon, hitting Snowman dead center.

Bell deploys two packets of flares and attempts to dump the missiles.
: Heads up Kommandmant, that Nosferatu's gunning for you.
Flatline base EV 78
Experience provides bonus of  8
Flares provides bonus of  80
AAM 1 provides penalty of  35
AAM 2 provides penalty of  35
Test taken at 96
Roll: 37 - success

Missile evaded.
: I see it. Pansar, target the Nosferatu and fire.

Ellie launches the burst missile at Blackeye's plane.

"Snowman, I'll cover you."

She peels off and follows after the Shiva.
The missile separates and begins flying toward Blackeye, Crash, Tippy, and Scorch.

Markus fires his LCP at the Fulcrum before dropping two strings of flares and evading.
LCP accuracy 50
Missile Range provides penalty of  20
Test taken at 30
Roll: 24 - success

You land a single hit.
Typhoon base EV 82
Experience provides bonus of  4
AAM 1 provides penalty of 35
AAM 2 provides penalty of 35
JSM 1 provides penalty of  20
JSM 2 provides penalty of  20
Test taken at 56
Roll: 12 - success

Missiles went for the bait.

Walter Fires his LCBs on Snowman and then changes target to fire a TAG on Frisk as he drops a preemptive flare near transport 2.
LCB accuracy 55
Experience provides bonus of  2
Test taken at 77
Roll: 3 - success

You score two direct hits, raking the beams one after the other along the Shiva's aft. The first attack is stopped by the ablative fabricator, but the second bores straight through the hastily-repaired armor and blasts the starboard engine to smithereens.

Crash drops two strings of flares and evades, firing two HSMs at Coma to throw her off balance.
Tukreb base EV 75
Test taken at 89
Roll: 64 - success

You trash the missiles.

Fulcrum base EV 75
Flares provides bonus of  40
HSM 1 provides penalty of  25
HSM 2 provides penalty of  25
Test taken at 65
Roll: 69 - failure

You nail Coma with a heatseeker.

Ash flinches as Ellie's laser fire lights up the Typhoon. "Armor ablated! I'm still in the fight!" I guess we're past the point of holding back! He immediately initiates guns defense and retaliates by unleashing four of his all-aspect missiles off-bore. "Blackeye, ripple Fox-2 on the Wyvern!"
This happens.

Virvel fires on Kommandant with the gauss cannons, then moves to evade the All-Aspects.
AKSM accuracy 55
Experience provides bonus of  10
Test taken at 85
Roll: 18 - success
Result: 2 hits to right wing

His wing is blown off and the Flatline begins spiraling out of control.
: Oh, gods! Squad leader's going down!
: Son of a bitch!

Nosferatu base EV 87
Flares provides bonus of  120
AAM 3 provides penalty of  35
AAM 4 provides penalty of  35
Test taken at 77
Roll: 73 - success

Virvel capitalizes on the opportunity to talk on the enemy's channel.
: Ha! Gotcha, forgeter!
: Virvel? That was you!?
: I saw a Flatline and I shot, was it Zolnerowich? Please say yes.

Kommandant fires two all-aspects at Virvel.
Pansar fires two all-aspects at Virvel
Frisk gets hit by the TAG. [Test: 56|Roll: 72]
Fang fires on Scorch with his cannon, and misses. [Test: 50|Roll: 68]
Coma gets hit by Crash's heatseeker.
Virvel shoots Kommandant down.
Xiaomei fires on Snowman.
Yamashiro fires on Bell's Kaneda with the PPC and misses. [Test: 60|Roll: 80]
Yamashiro's Kaneda aims at Bell.
Musashi and Nagato fire all-aspects on Frisk.
Transports will land next turn.

« Last Edit: April 12, 2018, 09:58:02 PM by Qwepir »

Gaffe curses under his breath. He pulls away from Scorch and fires his guns at Musashi.

: We're all here Frisk, Imperials have been treating us pretty well, even for defectors. How about over there? Is Tarkirov still going through with that haphazard plan? Goes to show how solid everyone over there feels about it with half of an airship wanting to take off.

Walter looses two seekers at Pansar and then attempts to TAG Gaffe

: Attempting TAG on Alpha 5.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2018, 12:35:35 PM by Badger »

Ellie has her Kaneda fire four AAMs on the Nosferatu while she takes some evasive maneuvers.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2018, 11:10:18 PM by Operator¹ »

Lorens

"[forget!]" Sweat pours down Lorens' brow as he senses the three beams rake across the Shiva's fuselage. An immediate loss in power is accompanied by flashing lights on the annunciator panel and Bitchin' Betty's urgent voice. He immediately cuts the fuel feed to the starboard engine.

"I'm hit! Skytracer! Frisk! I'm activating ECM!" Lorens thumbs the countermeasures button and activates a guidance scrambler charge. "... Snowman, egressing North! I don't know how much longer this thing will stay airborne!" With the Shiva effectively crippled, Lorens veers the fighter back along its initial waypath and attempts to leave the fight.

Ash

Ash looks back at the Wyvern in time to see a smoke trail leaving the craft to coincide with the beeping of the missile approach warning. He strains his eyes and manages to identify the silhouette of the missile.

"Burst missile inbound on me! Blackeye, turning South and descending to low! Everyone else, scatter and ascend!"

The Typhoon enters a steep descending turn before rolling out due South in a dive. Ash slams the lever forward to accelerate, then immediately drops power back to idle and releases two sets of flares. He turns slightly to evade, maintaining his dive to preserve speed.

« Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 10:32:32 PM by NoZoner »

: Oh you have got to be loving kidding me. Incoming on me as well!"
Markus drops two strings of flares and continues evading.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2018, 12:46:18 PM by Gojira »

Tippy fires her two HSMs at Kaneda-1

Jaakko spots the burst missile, drops countermeasures and speeds away from its aim.

"Burst missile! Scatter!"

: Command, we're not going to be able to make this work unless those guys on the cruiser disable the point defense systems, but I don't think that anybody on the airship wants it to go down.

Bell fires two JSMs on Virvel and takes a potshot with her flak cannon at Jaakko.

Gaffe curses under his breath. He pulls away from Scorch and fires his guns at Musashi.
AC5 accuracy 50
Aim provides bonus of  10
Test taken at 64
Roll: 14 - success

You get two solid hits to the fuselage.

Ellie has her Kaneda fire four AAMs on the Nosferatu while she takes some evasive maneuvers.
Nosferatu base EV 87
AAM 3 provides penalty of  35
AAM 4 provides penalty of  35
Test taken at 37
Roll: 40 - failure

Virvel gets hit by two of the missiles.

Wyvern base EV 100
Experience provides bonus of  2
AAM 1 provides penalty of  17
Test taken at 50
Roll: 38 - success

Missiles evaded.

"[forget!]" Sweat pours down Lorens' brow as he senses the three beams rake across the Shiva's fuselage. An immediate loss in power is accompanied by flashing lights on the annunciator panel and Bitchin' Betty's urgent voice. He immediately cuts the fuel feed to the starboard engine.

"I'm hit! Skytracer! Frisk! I'm activating ECM!" Lorens thumbs the countermeasures button and activates a guidance scrambler charge. "... Snowman, egressing North! I don't know how much longer this thing will stay airborne!" With the Shiva effectively crippled, Lorens veers the fighter back along its initial waypath and attempts to leave the fight.
Scrambler rolls to disable missiles
AAM 1: 1 - missile destroyed
AAM 2: 75 - penalty halved
AAM 3: 24 - missile destroyed
AAM 4: 94 - scrambling failed
AAM 5: 79 - penalty halved
AAM 6: 68 - penalty halved
AAM 7: 29 - missile destroyed
AAM 8: 28 - missile destroyed

Your scrambler enables Frisk to evade the missiles and will allow Bell to have an easier time evading the ones after her.

: Command, we're not going to be able to make this work unless those guys on the cruiser disable the point defense systems, but I don't think that anybody on the airship wants it to go down.

Bell fires two JSMs on Virvel and takes a potshot with her flak cannon at Jaakko.
: Acknowledged, Mjolnir. Recommend using guns to shoot out the engines.

FLK accuracy 50
Test taken at 58
Roll: 60 - failure

You miss the plane, but the shrapnel triggers the ablative fabricator anyway.

Nosferatu base EV 87
JSM 1 provides penalty of  20
JSM 2 provides penalty of  20
Test taken at 57
Roll: 54 - success

Virvel evades the Joint-Strikes.

"We're all here Frisk, Imperials have been treating us pretty well, even for defectors. How about over there? Is Tarkirov still going through with that haphazard plan? Goes to show how solid everyone over there feels about it with half of an airship wanting to take off."
: Oh, stuff.

Walter looses two seekers at Pansar and then attempts to TAG Gaffe
"Attempting TAG on Alpha 5."
Superflanker base EV 81
Test taken at 79
Roll: 82 - failure
Reroll: 97 - failure

Pansar gets hit by a seeker.

Ash looks back at the Wyvern in time to see a smoke trail leaving the craft to coincide with the beeping of the missile approach warning. He strains his eyes and manages to identify the silhouette of the missile.

"Burst missile inbound on me! Blackeye, turning South and descending to low! Everyone else, scatter and ascend!"

The Typhoon enters a steep descending turn before rolling out due South in a dive. Ash slams the lever forward to accelerate, then immediately drops power back to idle and releases two sets of flares. He turns slightly to evade, maintaining his dive to preserve speed.
Typhoon base EV 82
SWM provides penalty of  35
Test taken at 128
Roll: 4 - success

You evade the burst missile, and it detonates at a safe distance behind you. You pick up a radar lock warning.

"Oh you have got to be loving kidding me. Incoming on me as well!"
Markus drops two strings of flares and continues evading.
Typhoon base EV 82
SWM Blastwave provides penalty of  35
Test taken at 51
Roll: 81 - failure

Flares have no effect once the missile has detonated, and typical evasive maneuvers prove ineffective against an omnidirectional shockwave. Unable to outrun the blast, you end up taking damage.

Tippy fires her two HSMs at Kaneda-1
Kaneda base EV 87
Test taken at 77
Roll: 79 - failure
Reroll: 100 - failure

The Kaneda is destroyed but Tippy gets buffeted by the burst missile's shockwave.

Jaakko spots the burst missile, drops countermeasures and speeds away from its aim.
"Burst missile! Scatter!"
Tukreb base EV 75
Blastwave provides penalty of  35
Test taken at 44
Roll: 2 - success

You escape the blast radius before the shockwave reaches you. The Tukreb is rocked by turbulence, but sustains no damage. As with Blackeye, you find yourself on the receiving end of a radar-guided missile.

: [Transports have touched down. Troops breaching the hull now.]

Kommandant ejects.
Pansar attempts evasion.
Frisk continues evasive maneuvers.
Fang takes aim at Scorch and misses again [Test: 70|Roll: 79].
Coma fires two heatseekers at Walt.
Virvel fires two all-aspects at Bell and takes aim.
Xiaomei nails Skytracer with PPC and launches all-aspects [Test: 97|Roll: 87]
Yamashiro takes aim at Skytracer.
Yamashiro's Kaneda fires at Bell with LCB and misses. [Test: 65|Roll: 81]
Musashi moves to leave the combat area.
Nagato fires two all-aspects at Frisk.
Transports have landed.
AFS Brynhildr fires SAMs at Crash and Blackeye.

Point Blank in 2 turns.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 05:08:37 PM by Qwepir »