ABS FIESTA REDUX

Poll

period race

Author Topic: ABS FIESTA REDUX  (Read 1232138 times)

Bell nods, taking the documents and patch.

Ellie shrugs,

"I'll fly, but I hope you guys are less inclined to send us on Self Delete missions."

"... Yes sir." Lorens takes the documents and patch.

Ellie shrugs,
"I'll fly, but I hope you guys are less inclined to send us on Self Delete missions."
: Perhaps I wasn't clear. If you don't think you can handle the stress of entering combat again, either physically or psychologically, then it is for both your safety and the safety of our own personnel that you stay off the field.

Walter squints as he processes and thinks for a few moments trying to sort out what to say
"I remember him mentioning something about the thunderbolts being lost but I can't recall at this moment, my head is too foggy from everything that's been happening. There's a lot to consider, but I see where you're coming from." he says rubbing his brow to deal with another onset headache from weighing different views. "Aesthia was already destined to have a hard time fighting the Imperials here. I think the missiles may have just been the thing that broke the camel..." He trails off in regret at the last sentence, looking at Arkhip's worried eyes, finally cuing in to his facial expression partially obscured by his mask. "...but why would you be subject to blame here, it's not like you knew it would trigger this kind of reaction. Aesthia is the country that is waning and desperate to win here, they have had larger or equivalent losses before that amounted to this."
: I'd say we're pretty far past the point where "I didn't know this would happen" holds up.

: I'd say we're pretty far past the point where "I didn't know this would happen" holds up.

Walter sighs at the loss for words and stands for awhile trying to jog something up in his head

"Aesthia was going to have an incredibly hard time assaulting the Imperials regardless, I recall hearing from Rikard awhile back before you even defected about having to use nuclear weapons. Do you think Aesthia could ever mount a ground war on the Imperials and win? They would have a hell of a time trying to bomb out the capital with conventional munitions too." He rubs the back of his neck "You never answered me either. Who gave you the idea? just yourself?"

Walter sighs at the loss for words and stands for awhile trying to jog something up in his head
"Aesthia was going to have an incredibly hard time assaulting the Imperials regardless, I recall hearing from Rikard awhile back before you even defected about having to use nuclear weapons. Do you think Aesthia could ever mount a ground war on the Imperials and win? They would have a hell of a time trying to bomb out the capital with conventional munitions too." He rubs the back of his neck "You never answered me either. Who gave you the idea? just yourself?"
: It's just something I thought about myself. What did you mean about former colleagues anyway? Virvel's the only one here.

: It's just something I thought about myself. What did you mean about former colleagues anyway? Virvel's the only one here.

"Oh. Right, I guess it wasn't on anybody's priority to tell you what happened on our sortie. I thought Klara would have spouted out to you that she shot Rikard down and that the rest of Djuriskas is in the ships brig. Save... one... which is my fault..."

Walter looks conflicted again as his own thoughts return to him and he looks to the side back out at the dark landscape

: Perhaps I wasn't clear. If you don't think you can handle the stress of entering combat again, either physically or psychologically, then it is for both your safety and the safety of our own personnel that you stay off the field.

Ellie twiddles her thumbs.

"I can handle it. It's just embarrassing to be shot down in such a high performance aircraft."

: Yeah, but like, once you're in the eye you're just surrounded on all sides by more storm.
Tippy shrugs and gives her mechanical grin

"Never said there was a way out. Either way at least we get rest periods."

"Oh. Right, I guess it wasn't on anybody's priority to tell you what happened on our sortie. I thought Klara would have spouted out to you that she shot Rikard down and that the rest of Djuriskas is in the ships brig. Save... one... which is my fault..."

Walter looks conflicted again as his own thoughts return to him and he looks to the side back out at the dark landscape
Eremit just returns to looking over the edge in silence.

Ellie twiddles her thumbs.
"I can handle it. It's just embarrassing to be shot down in such a high performance aircraft."
: ...I see.

The officer leaves you alone for an uncomfortably long time before returning to welcome you to the team and send you on your way.

Tippy shrugs and gives her mechanical grin
"Never said there was a way out. Either way at least we get rest periods."
: Great. I'm really going to appreciate my time off knowing I'm gonna get atomized in an hour.

"Sorry, I've just been mixed up over a plethora of things myself. I'm not myself right now with all the fatigue and stress, which would be why I lashed out at you in defense of Klara prior to this sortie. I'm becoming more and more conflicted as this continues and more stuff keeps mounting on me."

Ash perks up as he sees his younger brother emerge from the interrogation room.

"Lorens," he calls out, "[What happened?]" Ash furrows his brow as he looks for answers.

"[I was forced to attack. AWACS wouldn't let me egress until I shot down Frisk and another airship,]" Lorens responds, almost gritting his teeth, "[We were left for dead.]"

The patch clenched in Loren's hand draws Ash's attention. "... [You've made up your mind, then?]"

"[I have no other choice. You saw that nuke detonate. Tarkirov needs to be stopped.]"

Ash lightly purses his lips and huffs quietly in resignation. "Welcome to the team," he extends an arm around Lorens and pats his opposite shoulder, "Come on. I'll introduce you to the rest of the gang."
« Last Edit: April 30, 2018, 10:42:39 PM by NoZoner »

: Great. I'm really going to appreciate my time off knowing I'm gonna get atomized in an hour.
"Always the pessimist? I for one look forward to the desert apocalypse where we have to form tribes and drive gas guzzling monster trucks without wearing our shirts." Tippy says playfully.

Markus makes his way to the railing and leans forward on it, watching the horizon. He realizes he hasn't taken his helmet off since the sortie after the propaganda picture. He takes it off and clips it under his belt.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2018, 12:59:59 PM by Gojira »

Jaakko sits in the hangar, watching Tippy and Nagato chat.

Lorens treads down the corridor absentmindedly alongside his brother. He runs his thumb over his old patch, studying the lines of the triquetra knot and hammer at the center of the embroidery.

"Flight deck three is just up these stairs," Ash announces, "You might want to put that away, just to be on the safe side."

Heeding his brother's advice, Lorens tucks the patch out of sight as the two begin ascending. The claustrophobia of the stairwell eventually gives way to a disorientingly wide space lined with aircraft and dotted with pilots and technicians in between. It takes some searching for Ash to correctly identify the leader of the Auxillary squadron, found sitting across the way.

"Major Kirves," Lorens calls out as he approaches Jaakko with Ash in tow, "Lieutenant Lorens Zaman, reporting for duty."