ABS FIESTA REDUX

Poll

period race

Author Topic: ABS FIESTA REDUX  (Read 1232237 times)

Walter looks up with a strange expression of judgment and confusement, it slowly subsides as he accepts the handshake while still remain seated

"My name is Walter Ashford, welcome to our gang of misfits."

he leans back into the chair as he squints skeptically at Jaakko and Tippy before looking back at Ajka

"Is there a reason you came to me first over our commanding officer? I hope you don't think Im in charge here."

"[...yes, I am, why do you ask?]"
"[Yeah, what is he famous for?]" Ellie asks.

Bell jolts awake in her chair, before staring around the room. "..I need some coffee."

She goes to get a cup, not bothering to put anything else in with the beverage before she ambles over to Jaakko and Tippy to hear what they're talking about.

he leans back into the chair as he squints skeptically at Jaakko and Tippy before looking back at Ajka

"Is there a reason you came to me first over our commanding officer? I hope you don't think Im in charge here."

Ajka takes a tiny step back and tries to stifle an unsettled expression from appearing on her face.

"You just seemed the most amiable to conversation. My apologies if I troubled you."

Ajka takes a tiny step back and tries to stifle an unsettled expression from appearing on her face.

"You just seemed the most amiable to conversation. My apologies if I troubled you."

"It's fine, I'm just confused or skeptical as to why they would tack you on with a bunch of haphazard Aesthians."

"[...yes, I am, why do you ask?]"
: [Uh, I know this is kinda awkward timing, but can I get a picture?]

"[Yeah, what is he famous for?]" Ellie asks.
: [I don't know how many people saw the broadcast, given what's happening, but he was on the news a little while ago for that stunt he did- defying withdrawal orders to save the rookies from another Aesthian chute shooter.]
: [Hmph, if any of us tried that we would've just got reprimanded, but he gets his photo in the paper.]

"It's fine, I'm just confused or skeptical as to why they would tack you on with a bunch of haphazard Aesthians."
: Hey, kid, are you sure you want to fly with us? The last flight of rookies we saw got smoked, maybe you should call in sick.
: Ignore her.

"Eh. They can feel what they want. As long as they prevent a catastrophe like the Kintharians are sooo sure they will. I'm not holding my breath."

"I thought you had more faith than that?"

"[...um, sure...]"
Markus does whatever the recruit needs him to do for the picture.

: [I don't know how many people saw the broadcast, given what's happening, but he was on the news a little while ago for that stunt he did- defying withdrawal orders to save the rookies from another Aesthian chute shooter.]

"[I don't even see what the big deal is, honestly. I was just trying to do the right thing.]"

"I thought you had more faith than that?"
"Sure I do. In me." Tippy says thumbing at herself

Tippy looks over jaakko's shoulder and notices someone talking to Walt. She nods Jaakko's attention in her direction.

"Who's that?" tippy says, clearly liking what she sees

"They wanted to have a Zentragoth on the squadron. To be frank, I think they want me to be somewhat of a watchdog. Though, considering your actions during the previous mission, I think worries about where your loyalties lie are unfounded."

: Hey, kid, are you sure you want to fly with us? The last flight of rookies we saw got smoked, maybe you should call in sick.
: Ignore her.

Ajka nods at Eremit without even dignifying Virvel's snide comment with acknowledgement.

"Noted."

Walter glances over at Virvel and rolls his eyes back to Ajka with a slight smile on his face

"She is right though. We don't know what any of your experience is; and anybody new that doesn't adapt quickly to how we roll usually don't fare too well."
« Last Edit: May 09, 2018, 08:37:32 PM by Badger »

"I like that confidence,"

Jaakko glances at Ajka.

"Never seen her before in my life,"

"[...um, sure...]"
Markus does whatever the recruit needs him to do for the picture.
The cadet shakes your hand and smiles for the camera.
: [Thanks!]

"[I don't even see what the big deal is, honestly. I was just trying to do the right thing.]"
The one that took the picture puts the camera away and starts talking.
: [I bet it's because you're an outsider. It's a special occasion when the barbarians act noble- no offense. Plus you get a little more leway for reckless behavior.]

"They wanted to have a Zentragoth on the squadron. To be frank, I think they want me to be somewhat of a watchdog. Though, considering your actions during the previous mission, I think worries about where your loyalties lie are unfounded."
Ajka nods at Eremit without even dignifying Virvel's snide comment with acknowledgement.
"Noted."
The other pilots wait for you to return with the response.
: [She isn't getting angry, maybe he didn't do it.]
: [Why is one of your men taking pictures inside the ready room, Adrian?]
: [He sure isn't supposed to be. Excuse me.]

Ash taps Bell on the shoulder from behind.

"You might want something a little stronger than that, Colonel."

"Lets go say hi." Tippy says, striding over to the new person.

"Hello!"

: I'll be fine.

She downs the whole cup in one gulp.