Best Friend Died

Author Topic: Best Friend Died  (Read 4932 times)

I'm moving into my best friend's apartment soon, after we take a trip to Canada. If he was gone I'd be alone in this world and knowing what I already have on my plate I don't know how I'd handle that.
My condolences, no one deserves to go through something alike this.

A quick search for "Drexel" reveals the first result as "Drexel University freshman from Moorestown found dead in dorm room." Now there's really only two ways to die inside a dorm room: self-inflicted death or murder. Clicking on the article confirms foul play is not suspected, which means either she killed herself or she died in some fantastic way that told police it wasn't a murder or it was an obvious Self Delete. Combined with OP saying she's been depressed, I'm going to use inductive reasoning to say it's almost definitely a Self Delete.
I could have assumed Self Delete just from the fact that OP said she was depressed.

Stay strong. I'm sorry for your loss :c

Because he did that on purpose.
What is wrong with these parents?

Well he was apparently driving too fast (assumption, because crashing into a tree isn't exactly easy to do under safe conditions) and had too many friends as was allowed for a new driver in Illinois. Still, suing a family who just lost their kid in a gruesome, fiery wreck seems rather cold (oh my gosh horrible unintended pun) even if it was indeed his fault.

op are you sure you tried hard enough? you know, like getting some real help for her? parents? friends?

*points big fat nasty finger at OP that makes me look like an insensitive douche and someone will tell me how big and bad and ugly i am well too bad for you its been done*

(i am also a robot so i cant feel for you)

My condolences. A few people I knew passed away in years gone by, though I didn't know them well enough to think of it like this.
Mortality is a bitch.

This stuff is going on for too loving long, too many people are dying this year so forget this earth, why are people dying this year :(((

OT: in all seriousness I am sorry and I usually find this type of stuff sad

op are you sure you tried hard enough? you know, like getting some real help for her? parents? friends?

*points big fat nasty finger at OP that makes me look like an insensitive douche and someone will tell me how big and bad and ugly i am well too bad for you its been done*

(i am also a robot so i cant feel for you)
From my POV most people with depression can't help it and think completely different than others, if you went up to someone who is committing self harm and tell them to stop it because its bad they will get even more depressed because that's how they are. All you could really do is show how much sympathy you have and they should stop.

Can I ask what caused her to be depressed? if she has had any troubles recently?

most people with depression can't help it and think completely different than others
this is true.
Can I ask what caused her to be depressed? if she has had any troubles recently?
this is less so.
There's not always a reason why. Sometimes we're just depressed. We know we shouldn't be, we know we have at least a decent life, and yet, we're still dreary. My school system mixed their messages whenever they talked about depression, always linking it to drugs and alcohol and love (by giving examples "caused by" drugs and alcohol and love) so everyone just ignored it, and the few who payed a little bit of attention were generally misinformed. Sometimes, there is no reason.

stuff man
that's terrible
i hope i never have to deal with a friend dying
it would be way better if they left me and i still knew they were alive with a chance to see them again than if they died with no chance of me interacting with them

Way too many people we know and love are dieing, stuff

it was Self Delete, I was the first one to find out because I went looking
I was a bit worried when she wanted to be alone Thursday night because stuff was happening, and should've checked Friday morning but I fell asleep
finally went Saturday morning and looked in her window to see what had happened

me and my other friend were the closest to her, and we were doing whatever we could to try and make her feel better
kind of thought she'd at least make it another month, since pi day is her birthday