Author Topic: TotalRPG - Full featured RPG event system (HUD Extension support)  (Read 36061 times)

Ok. Also two more things:
  • Does it work to have more than one checkItemMoreThan events in the same brick and have OnHasSufficientItem recognize which checkitemmorethan event it's going with?
  • Please make an event to just simply remove an item with or without telling you (as determined by a checkbox), for purposes such as crafting or trading?
I don't really care about number two though.
Or if you could manage it, maybe even make a craftItem event similar to:
Code: [Select]
Self > CraftItem [ItemName] [ItemAmt] [ItemReq1_ReqAmt, ItemReq2_ReqAmt]or something.

EDIT: Oops. Double-post.
Presently there isn't really a way to do more than one item check on a single brick, but I can easily see the need for that in a crafting skill and I'm working on a solution. One idea Aware and I came up with was to make a syntax for the checkItemMoreThan event which lets you specify multiple items and quantities.

For example, you would do
onActivate > Self > checkItemMoreThan [mixed] [unused]
Mixed would let you insert the name of the item and then comma separate additional items and quantities.
Like so:
wood, 10, steel, 5, feather, 15
Would make the event only trigger if you have at least the amount after each item. In this case the normal 'quantity' box would be ignored. But the quantity box would work when there was only one item to check.

Any proposals for a different approach to this? I'd like to know if anyone has a solution to make it easier.

nice, this will help a lot of people

Presently there isn't really a way to do more than one item check on a single brick, but I can easily see the need for that in a crafting skill and I'm working on a solution. One idea Aware and I came up with was to make a syntax for the checkItemMoreThan event which lets you specify multiple items and quantities.

For example, you would do
onActivate > Self > checkItemMoreThan [mixed] [unused]
Mixed would let you insert the name of the item and then comma separate additional items and quantities.
Like so:
wood, 10, steel, 5, feather, 15
Would make the event only trigger if you have at least the amount after each item. In this case the normal 'quantity' box would be ignored. But the quantity box would work when there was only one item to check.

Any proposals for a different approach to this? I'd like to know if anyone has a solution to make it easier.

That example is practicly what I was thinking for the crafting reqs.

what if someone used this to recreate AoT in a bl rpg :O

Would be nice to see some really cool RPGs coming out in the upcoming months!

Would be nice to see some really cool RPGs coming out in the upcoming months!

if people would actually have the dedication

rip thousands of projects

if people would actually have the dedication

rip thousands of projects
I've been trying to event an RPG two RPGs before, so now that I have a brilliant way of doing it, I'll be more determined than ever.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 01:49:04 PM by EV0_ »

this is really cool
[strike]an RPG[/strike]
it's just [s][/s]

this is really coolit's just [s][/s]
Oops :O didn't even notice it didn't work :O

Prompt events uses an output parameter that sets which input events trigger. Would that work?

Been waiting for something like this for a very long time. Great job!

Is there any way you could implement a simple levelup event that gives the player a bit more maximum health each level?

Is there any way you could implement a simple levelup event that gives the player a bit more maximum health each level?
that would be really cool

maybe there could be something that adds xp to the player and a certain amount is required to level up

sort of like WoW

It's like short-hand quest-specific VCE. This is convenient for new users, or for those who simply don't understand VCE.

However, VCE is actually more advanced than this, and can be used to do the same things and more. The main power with VCE resides in being able to state and call functions, along with being able to string the events.

This mod is great for basic eventers, but most advanced eventers will find VCE to be more useful. I am sure people will still use this too though. Nice work.