Author Topic: things in public shools that piss you off: V2  (Read 15121 times)

and just smell like kfc and racism
you can't smell like racism

yo gotti is also the name of a rapper
haha, oh that must be a fun stage name to announce

you can't smell like racism
Fixed it I used the wrong wording there.

how does it affect you if they want you to call them "she"? it's not like it'll hurt you to respect something like that. besides, it really isn't your place to determine what gender someone is, unless you really want to be a douche for no reason.

Sorry, I meant if it's like the first time you meet them and they just immediately correct you - not caring to know that you just met them.

Well I'm going back to school today (was up all night doing homework because I leave it til the last minute)
so I don't really have anything that pisses me off currently because it's been gone for 2 weeks.

Hopefully I can stop the deez nuts trend before it hits

Sorry, I meant if it's like the first time you meet them and they just immediately correct you - not caring to know that you just met them.
and? what's the issue with them correcting you and therefore making sure you know that they prefer different pronouns?

it's weird, in my 2nd block, i hear some of the douche freshmen say a word that sounds like "gaudy", and they say it at random times. it pisses me the forget off.

ostentatious?

and? what's the issue with them correcting you and therefore making sure you know that they prefer different pronouns?
carolcat brings up a good point

i wouldn't want to be called a different name my whole life and not tell anyone
i'd rather just say it upfront so it doesn't happen again

It can come off as rude, that's all. I don't really care, but some people do. Just trying to explain what he was saying.

edit:

Also, if it's the first thing you hear from them, it can come off as one of those supposed to be traits, proposed as a summary of the person alone.

If I call a guy a guy, after meeting him and hearing what he does, etc, and he corrects me, then I wouldn't really care. It's when I just meet someone, call them "sir" and get an instant: "Excuse me? I am a woman, you insignificant idiot."
« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 09:32:16 PM by SetGaming »

It can come off as rude, that's all. I don't really care, but some people do. Just trying to explain what he was saying.
they probably realize that you don't know right off the bat that you don't know their preferred pronouns

they probably realize that you don't know right off the bat that you don't know their preferred pronouns

I'm aware, and I apollogize, but that's the thing - perfering a gender is not what I want to hear from you right off the bat. I don't give one crap about what gender you are - I'll call you whatever you want/view yourself as, but when you make it "your thing", it seems kinda silly, and off the bat/a tad extreme.

Seriously. I understand people have gender problems, but when I meet someone, that's not what I want to know about them.

edit:

If that last part sounds rude - sorry - it's good to know when people have gender problems (and I shouldn't be telling people what to say about themselves) but I'm just saying it can be a tad annoying.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 09:35:41 PM by SetGaming »

everytime I come in threads like these its a bunch of inconsiderate teenagers trying to be edgy.

the fact that schools are made to give you as much pointless busywork as possible rather than encourage you to learn

like seriously forget you that's not helping me pass the test all it's doing is dropping my grade, I would have so many more As if homework wasn't graded because I usually get As on tests

the fact that schools are made to give you as much pointless busywork as possible rather than encourage you to learn
like seriously forget you that's not helping me pass the test all it's doing is dropping my grade, I would have so many more As if homework wasn't graded because I usually get As on tests
Instilling students with a work ethic and general sense of responsibility is the primary purpose of homework. How can you be expected to get anything done in the real world if you can't even do some simple homework?

Instilling students with a work ethic is the primary purpose of homework. How can you be expected to get anything done in the real world if you can't even do some simple homework?
because work is done at work, not home

i'm fine with working hard at school but schools shouldn't be able to punish me for what I do at home
i mean if you don't study and fail tests obviously you should be doing work on your own time, but you shouldn't have to simply because you have to

EDIT: I'm fine with the occasional project or something, but every night is just ridiculous; also, I would be fine with a school day 1-2 hours longer if it meant work stayed at school
« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 10:38:35 PM by TristanLuigi »