well one of my classmates is dead (update: pg 5)

Author Topic: well one of my classmates is dead (update: pg 5)  (Read 6407 times)

Well there it is

Also you didn't know the name of your classmate or was he/you new or something?
i don't know many of the freshmen because i only have two classes with freshmen in them. the freshmen have their own separate building for the majority of their classes, and i only have one class in that building.

Besides, who's to say it wasn't pumped past its capacity? Its possible, just risky.
the guy who told me about what happened said they were pumping it for a while before it went off

you mean to tell me

that a pellet gun shot powerfully enough that it went straight through a person's body
that's what i'm told

that kid must have pumped it a thousand times or something
a real .22 caliber gun is pretty unlikely to go through a person's entire torso.  it would be deflected by the ribs.  so it's hard to imagine a toy could do that
Unless it didn't hit the ribs at all...

Unless it didn't hit the ribs at all...
right, but since it hit the heart odds are that it passed through the ribcage

Ribcage, not the ribs.

There are gaps between the ribs where it's just intercostal muscle.
The rib-cage isn't a sheer wall of bone.

the guy who told me about what happened said they were pumping it for a while before it went off
Bingo. The seal probably couldn't withstand the pressure which is why it went off. I had a BB gun do that before, it was a old single pump that went off while pumping every so often.

it was at close range so a pellet going through and hitting someones heart is highly possible; and clearly it did happen according to op

they are toys lol
Actually, they're not. Have you seen actual pellet rifle ammo? Not airsoft, not BB guns, pellet guns. They look like smaller minie balls from the American civil war.

i'm surprised there isn't a local news story over this though, unless they only did it on TV and aren't going to post an online article about it.

i'm not doubting that the shot caused damage to the kid's heart, i'm just surprised it went straight through
it was a lucky shot to go between the ribs, not through i assume

holy jesus forget it over penetrated?

it was a lucky shot to go between the ribs, not through i assume
i mean i wouldn't call it a lucky shot but i understand what you mean

i mean i wouldn't call it a lucky shot but i understand what you mean
Bad luck is still a type of luck, right?