seriously who thought thralls were a good idea
6 (6.7%)
dark sword
8 (9%)
estoc
5 (5.6%)
proof of concord farming
4 (4.5%)
sorry but im so good and i literally never die you all just need to git gud lmao
10 (11.2%)
lord tony's stuffposts
36 (40.4%)

Total Members Voted: 88

Author Topic: Souls Thread [Demon's, Dark 1, 2, 3, SotfS, BB] - Working as intended.  (Read 163634 times)

lord tony wont stop edition

Dark souls III:
yes

Demon's Souls
Demon's Souls is a 2009 action role-playing video game developed by From Software exclusively for the PlayStation 3. Set in a dark fantasy world, players take control of a hero who has journeyed to the fictional kingdom of Boletaria, which is being ravaged by a cursed fog that brings forth demons who feast on the souls of mortals. The gameplay involves a character-creation system and emphasizes gathering loot through combat with enemies in a non-linear series of varied locations. It has a unique online multiplayer system integrated into the single-player where players can leave useful messages and warnings for other players' single-player game worlds, as well as joining other players in their world to assist and/or kill them.

Dark Souls
Dark Souls, the spiritual successor to Demon's Souls, developed by From Software was released in 2011 for the Playstation 3 and XBox 360. The game was re-released in 2012 under the title 'Prepare to Die Edition' for PC, which featured additional content previously unavailable to console users. The core mechanic of the game is that it uses death to teach players how to react in hostile environments, encouraging repetition, learning from past mistakes, and prior experience as a means of overcoming its difficulty. Dark Souls takes place in a large and continuous open world environment, connected through a central hub area (Firelink Shrine). Players are able to travel to and from areas and explore various paths, although certain prerequisites have to be met in order to unlock certain areas. Scattered throughout the game world are bosses and creatures of varying types that must be defeated.

Dark Souls II+ Scholar of the First Sin
The third game in its series, Dark Souls II was developed for Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 by From Software, which also published the game in Japan, while Bandai Namco Games published the game in other regions. Hidetaka Miyazaki, who served as director on the two earlier games in the series, Demon's Souls and Dark Souls, acted as a supervisor, while the game was directed by Tomohiro Shibuya and Yui Tanimura. Although set in the same world, there is no direct story connection between Dark Souls and Dark Souls II. Taking place in the world of Drangleic, the game features both player versus environment (PvE) and player versus player (PvP) play, in addition to having some co-op components. As in the earlier games in the series, it once again features challenging gameplay, but with a more powerful graphics engine and more advanced AI system. An updated version of the game, Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin, was released on April 2, 2015. The title is a compilation of the original game and its downloadable content and patches, and also encompasses a remastered port of the game for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC with upgraded graphics and expanded online multiplayer capacity.

Bloodborne
Bloodborne is an action role-playing video game directed by Hidetaka Miyazaki, developed by From Software, and published by Sony Computer Entertainment exclusively for the PlayStation 4. It was released worldwide to critical acclaim in March 2015. Bloodborne features action role-playing elements similar to those found in director Miyazaki's other games Demon's Souls and Dark Souls. Players can return to a safe zone, known as the Hunters Dream, from lanterns spread throughout the world. Doing so replenishes health, but repopulates monsters in the game world. Combat is fast paced and requires an offensive approach in order for players to combat dense hordes of enemies. The player character is agile and is able to perform sweeping dashes around enemies while locked on. The new risk versus reward style of gameplay is emphasized through Bloodborne‍ '​s health regain system, which allows the player to, within a small window of time, recover portions of lost health by striking back at the player's attacker.

teleporting dogs are my favourite anime
« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 06:53:34 AM by SgtDaemon »

Still 5000% mad at From for not porting BloodBorne to PC. Maybe they'll do what they did for Dark Souls and port it later on.

i want bloodborne but i don't want a ps4 :(

sony's only Annoying Orangeh card to make people buy their stuffty console at the moment is bloodborne so they are probably holding it hostage to the end of times like they did with DeS

i felt embarrassed when i tried to remember power within
i couldn't even hammer the name down right

beat ds2 for the fourth time

should I keep going

also forget Sony for not putting bloodborne on pc

my steam is hodot, as it should be. biker helmet avatar
« Last Edit: May 10, 2015, 03:09:11 PM by hodot »

I don't care what they say, I'm NOT going to pay for a patch that wipes my saves and should have been free.

beat ds2 for the fourth time

should I keep going

also forget Sony for not putting bloodborne on pc

my steam is hodot, as it should be. biker helmet avatar
What incentive does Sony have to let any game release on Windows instead of their console?

What incentive does Sony have to let any game release on Windows instead of their console?

now see, there's the thing

instead

it should be on all platforms. money is good. steam has lots of people. people pay money. people are good. steam is good. see what im sayin

I don't care what they say, I'm NOT going to pay for a patch that wipes my saves and should have been free.
it's more than a patch. have you not seen anything on scholar of the first sin?

it's more than a patch. have you not seen anything on scholar of the first sin?
yeah its an actually good version

yeah its an actually good version
this.
correct me if i'm wrong, but i don't think you can patch a game to utilize a new version of directx, while also patching in a better lighting engine, new enemy placements across the entire game, multiplayer improvements, and much more.

this.
correct me if i'm wrong, but i don't think you can patch a game to utilize a new version of directx, while also patching in a better lighting engine, new enemy placements across the entire game, multiplayer improvements, and much more.
It's still the same game though. Do you think they would have gotten away with it if they made SOTFS but just called it dark souls 3 instead?

It's still the same game though. Do you think they would have gotten away with it if they made SOTFS but just called it dark souls 3 instead?
it really isn't the same game. it has an entirely different feel to it. everything is the same, and yet it's all different, it's all new. it's also harder. it's not like they replaced a spear wielding hollow with an axe wielding hollow; it's more like they replaced a spear wielding hollow with two ogres and a hollow priest.

it really isn't the same game. it has an entirely different feel to it. everything is the same, and yet it's all different, it's all new. it's also harder. it's not like they replaced a spear wielding hollow with an axe wielding hollow; it's more like they replaced a spear wielding hollow with two ogres and a hollow priest.
So? If i make a game and then redo some of the enemy placement and call it a new game, does that make it a new game? They could have done it better, too, like a DLC with an area with a lever or something that changes all the enemy placement or something. Or just loving put it in the covenant of champions.
Either way, I don't think I'm going to buy SOTFS, and I don't think anyone else should. Nobody wants to pay 50 dollars for a patch that wipes all your saves and splits the community in two by disallowing multiplayer between those two versions of the game.