seriously who thought thralls were a good idea
6 (6.7%)
dark sword
8 (9%)
estoc
5 (5.6%)
proof of concord farming
4 (4.5%)
sorry but im so good and i literally never die you all just need to git gud lmao
10 (11.2%)
lord tony's stuffposts
36 (40.4%)

Total Members Voted: 88

Author Topic: Souls Thread [Demon's, Dark 1, 2, 3, SotfS, BB] - Working as intended.  (Read 169020 times)

so i've seen a lot of people ranking what bosses they feel are hardest (not here necessarily) and i get this weird stimulation when i think about what my list would look like

so originality aside here's my hardest boss countdown and the reasons why, and you may be surprised where some bosses are

also if a boss seems way higher on the list than it should it doesn't necessarily mean they're really hard, it just means they're marginally harder than the bosses below them. the abyss watchers are #10 but that fight is easy as stuff LOL

19. ancient wyvern
1hk lol

18. vordt
low health and embarassingly easy to avoid

17. iudex gundyr
not aggressive and low health but he's above vordt because of second half

16. yhorm
easy to dodge but he hits p hard and it's hard to charge the sword sometimes

15. old demon king
some attacks are hard to dodge but he leaves huge openings for attack and i feel like he has less health every time i fight him

14. crystal sage
p low health but the clones part will sometimes feel less than generous and forget your mouth

13. wolnir
the hardest of the gimmick bosses :o but nah he's stupid easy it's just sometimes his bracelets are hard to reach without getting a lungful of smoke

12. greatwood
i've never once died to this dude but i think he's harder than wolnir because he's actually, like, a boss

11. deacons
not hard but i'm bad at crowd control and the magic is annoying to get around

10. abyss watchers
they're as high as they are because it's a two phase fight but the health is so low and you can stagger them so

9. aldrich
kind of a lot of heath and the magic is hard to dodge sometimes, still easy with patience though

8. dragonslayer armor
hard to dodge sometimes, hits pretty hard, and the stuff coming from the sky can forget you at times, still fun tho :)

7. oceiros
i've died to this dude a grand total of once but i still think he's no pushover, he's unpredictable at times and he has a lot of health, he's just not very aggressive

6. nameless king
okay. this dude is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay loving overhyped. he's got a lot of health overall and he hits kinda hard. that's all i think of for difficulty for this dude. bear in mind ds3 is my first souls game. do you know how many times i've died to this dude? twice, both of which i got him to the second phase. my first experience with him i got him down to half health and died, then the next try i was like 3 hits away from beating him and then choked. haven't died to him since, and i've fought him on ng+, ng++ and again recently, after not fighting him for a while, with a new character. at the end of the day he's just a dude in armor with a mini boss you have to beat before the real fight begins. not bashing it though, the fight itself is really fun and cool. maybe it's my build, maybe i'm just lucky, or maybe i'm just good or something, but this dude wasn't hard rofl

5. champion gundyr
now, this fight is actually a challenge. he has respectable health and damage but he's suuuuuuuuuper aggressive. it's hard to get hits in and it's even harder to heal yourself. he's unpredictable too

4. twin princes
first phase isn't hard but the second phase is, because of the magic you have to dodge in addition to the boss. also, lothric can be annoying to hit at times, and gives you false hope of ending the fight when you down lorian but then get blown back because you have no stamina and you suck at this game

3. pontiff
this is the only boss in the game i rely on summons to kill mainly. i never did it in my very first playthrough just because i wanted to say i beat my first souls game without summoning but i do now. he's really fast, he has long combos, and the second half i always just panic and choke lel

2. dancer
first half lures you in by being docile, second half she hits hard and her combos are long and unpredictable. also it's hard to chug sunny-d in the second half because she's so aggressive and you never know when her combos end. good bouncer to lothric castle.

1. soul of cinder
lol i'm lame i put the final boss as the hardest. the second phase isn't that bad, but i'm just really bad at the first phase. in my defense he's got a lot of moves to learn and sometimes i simply can't touch him without getting hit. his sword mode has weird attack patterns at times, curved sword mode he's way too aggressive for me and i prefer to just wait it out, spear mode isn't that bad but i always get a false sense of security from it because he can cut on a dime and hit you even if you're like behind him. magic mode is the only time i can really get hits in, but he can easily change that if he casts homing soulmass, which also loving carries over when he switches to another weapon. put all that together and i'm chugging estus and i'm always running into the issue where i don't have any left by the time i get to the second phase. good way to end the game tho, liked the music and the feels i got from it.

so yeah feel free to tell me why nameless should have been #1 or gimme your list or whatever, also i haven't played the dlc yet so lemme know how hard that scythe hoe is too

tbh pontiff is the biggest pain in the ass, then SoC, then nameless
with the DLC, both bosses are a kick in the teeth and then shoving the whole boot into my skull, but that was also because I was on ng+4
I only have trouble with the SoC because he has like 2 attacks that have variable lengths in em and its bullstuff
Pontiff is just loving hard for me and I cant remember his combos
Sorta the same with NK

Where does access to the DLC start?

i always find dancer the hardest

Where does access to the DLC start?
It's in that Chapel past the Crystal Mage.

I just started into DS3, which is also my first souls game. I gotta say I'm loving every minute of it. Should I purchase DS1 and DS2 also?

It's in that Chapel past the Crystal Mage.

I just started into DS3, which is also my first souls game. I gotta say I'm loving every minute of it. Should I purchase DS1 and DS2 also?
DS1: yes
DS2: if you can get scholar of the first sin for 10 bucks and you're curious, maybe.
tbh I recommend lords of the fallen over DS2. It doesn't entirely replicate Soulsborne, but its similar enough.

On another note, if you have a PS3 I recommend Demon's Souls. It's the first in the metaseries.
If you've got a PS4 I recommend Bloodborne.

ds1 = amazing
ds2 = bad
ds2 sotfs = decent
ds3 = kinda ugh
bb = i don't own a ps4

woo
like 90% of my fights in the arena have been complete loving cheesefests

ds1 = amazing
ds2 = bad
ds2 sotfs = decent
ds3 = kinda ugh
bb = i don't own a ps4
Well I already own DS3 and I love it.

ds1 = amazing
ds2 = bad
ds2 sotfs = decent
ds3 = kinda ugh
bb = i don't own a ps4
am i the only one that likes ds2 sotfs

the weapons are fun, the combat feels good, there's tons of bosses and most of them are actually pretty tough, and the game itself looks REALLY good

yeah i like ds2. i haven't played ds1 or demon's souls, but it still felt like a solid game

am i the only one that likes ds2 sotfs

the weapons are fun, the combat feels good, there's tons of bosses and most of them are actually pretty tough, and the game itself looks REALLY good
i just said the game was decent my dude
its' my 2nd fav souls game
combat is pretty nice
bosses are alright although not varied in design
and the level textures are ass
but it's more functional than ds3 imo

Well I already own DS3 and I love it.
Yeah I've only played DS1 and DS3 and they are both great imo.

On another note, the main fight in the DS3 DLC is really good, haven't managed to beat it yet tho

i like ds2 a ton, but thats probably because its the only one i can reliably play on my computer, lol
i actually like its control scheme better compared to the other games, such as jumping with the stick button
also the backstab animations are cooler imo