Author Topic: Palmdeserts steam accouunt AKA the most exspensive object on steam  (Read 3356 times)

https://dopefishgaming.net/showthread.php?tid=1256

Copy-pastad from the page
This is Palm Desert.

http://steamcommunity.com//id/palmdesert

He likes buying steam games... Like. A lot.  He has over 3,600 games. And 2,900 copies of DLC. Worth a total of $33,900  (He hasn't even played over 2000 copies of the loving games he bought)

He also likes inventory items... Like. A lot... As he has 35,000 items in his backpack. Worth god knows how much.

BUT MOST OF ALL.

He is a steam level 569! The highest level in the world!

Whoopty do right? Well as most people who even try to level up their steam account they would tell you it can quickly turn into a expensive hobby. As the higher the level goes the more money valve wants you to put in to get that magic number. But this guy has taken the cake.
He has made 1580 badges. considering it takes on average 8 cards to make a badge... he's bought over 12,000 cards.

It's even been reported by techgauge that he spent over $3000 to earn a single. loving. badge.  

And just to put that into perspective It takes him about 6,000XP to go from 569 to 570. (on average) Paying about 60 cents on cards gets you 100XP. So... going to cost him $3600 to level up again.....

And I was able to talk to a steam friend of mine who happens to be a level 100. Who admitted he's spent about $900 on cards and other ways of leveling up to get to a level 100. He told me, he calculated that palm must have spent around $70,000 to level up to his current level. You heard me. $70,000.... $70k to loving show a high level on a steam account.

And to be frank. I think this is without a doubt. The lamest hobby I've ever seen. He's spend over $100,000 on a steam account. (I guess) I made this thread cause I thought it was so damn interesting and most of you guys did too. And this thread somehow helped me understand how anyone can spend $70,000 TO HAVE A PRETTY NUMBER ON THE SIDE OF THEIR STEAM ACCOUNT.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 02:34:52 AM by BreadFish »

Give us an archive or something, I don't want to make an account.

Give us an archive or something, I don't want to make an account.
Wait the site needs an account? ok just a sec

did he buy all the train simulator dlc? if not he's a filthy peasant

He has no hours on spore

God damnit >:(

Atleast he has 1.1 hours on blockland, rite?

And I thought having 97 games was enough

He's also got 57 perfect games

Just what kind of no-lifer is the internet putting up with here?

I remember when he achieved 500, the image of the level was just a circle due to not having a design yet

And just to put that into perspective It takes him about 6,000XP to go from 569 to 570. (on average) Paying about 60 cents on cards gets you 100XP. So... going to cost him $3600 to level up again.....

???

You can get to his profile through friends lists pretty easy

I think from snot's profile its like 3 clicks

You can get to his profile through friends lists pretty easy

I think from snot's profile its like 3 clicks

Snot knows all the high rollers.

???
Can confirm:
60 cents / (per) 100 XP * 6,000 XP / 1 = 3,600.
CENTS.

I want to account share with him