Poll

[February 2016] Most anticipated DLC?

Automatron
Wasteland Workshop
Far Harbor

Author Topic: [MEGATHREAD] Fallout 4 || Contraption, Vault-Tec, Nuka World  (Read 582940 times)

I changed the vanilla 1week area respawn to 4months.

Also downloaded a mod to lower the chance of finding loot by 95%
« Last Edit: November 30, 2015, 02:01:52 AM by Lord Tony® »

I changed the vanilla 1week area respawn to 4months.

I was under the impression that some areas re-spawned loot faster than others?

I was under the impression that some areas re-spawned loot faster than others?

Most of them do, actually. I've seen areas where the placed loot respawns within 2 days.

In oblivion, fallout 3 and new vegas PLACED loot never respawned. It does in Fallout 4 to the point where it becomes immersion breaking.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2015, 04:26:36 AM by Lord Tony® »

There is one thing I did notice. There is a stuff ton of pipe weapons and yet I haven't seen a single piece of pipe.

There is one thing I did notice. There is a stuff ton of pipe weapons and yet I haven't seen a single piece of pipe.

well first of all the pipe weapons aren't made of pipe
second, if they were the quantity of them would explain the lack of pipe in the world.

Are there any benefits to using pipe weapons over modern profiles such as the Combat Rifle/10mm Pistol and such?

Are there any benefits to using pipe weapons over modern profiles such as the Combat Rifle/10mm Pistol and such?
they mostly use .38s so their only benefit is never running out of ammo. they're also so common you might as well pick them up so you can scrap them at your settlements.

scrap

Fully upgraded pipe weapon deal decent damage and there's always a surplus of ammo for it. I use mine when I don't feel like wasting more expensive ammo on weak enemies.

So I was on the abernathy farm and it was being attacked by super mutants. So I'm like "oh man I should help them" turns out the entire family is immortal.

So why am I wasting my bullets saving  them? They can't die, no point anyways.

Apparently it's not a bug it was intentional to have items respawn, unique or not. Dead Island did it and people criticized dead island for it. Now Fallout 4 is doing it.
To be fair to Dead Island, it made no difference whatsoever that the items respawned when you returned to an area.
Any weapons that were out in an area outside of a box were purposefully low-quality, regardless of level. The best items still came from crafting, quest rewards and occasionally chests.

The fact that fruit/cola reappeared wasn't an issue in anyway at all, because there was so much of it in the first place that it would make no difference if you drank it all first time you came through, and even if you had, there were vending machines that would give you infinite cola, for like $2.
And as for the likes of Alcohol, there was crap loads of that too.

The only really annoying thing about areas reloading completely in Dead Island, was that all the enemies also respawned, even if you went into one of the mini-dungeons in the area (like an apartment/cave). And outside some of those dungeons were a lot of enemies, including strong specials, who you had to defeat in order to get in, and then the moment you get out you had to fight them once again, this time without any chance to plan your attack.

They happen to be, if not are, the most customisable weaponry in the game.

If there's any sort of gun you do want to convert from a pistol to a sniper, then it's those.
Only thing to note is there are two types of pipe-gun, bolt-action, and semi-automatic/automitc (depending on reciever used, I think).
Despite both being pipe-guns, I don't believe you can take parts from the bolt-action guns and put them on the semi-automatic/automatic guns. I may be wrong however.

Also, if you get the Scrapper perk (think that is its name), which allows you to get more valuable materials from scrapped items, then pipe guns become a really good source of screws.

A fully default pipe-pistol will weigh about 2.3, and you get 1-2 screws from it.
Whereas a Desk Fan and any other large object that provides screws, weighs 3-5, and gives 2 screws.
So, they're a little bit better to collect for screws, provided you watch their weight (since it can vary), and they're more common than fans are.

Fallout 4 is the first fallout game of the series to lack serious loveual themes. Fallout 2 was not only full of loveual themes and content but you could even get date raped by Myron.

Fallout 2 was not only full of loveual themes and content but you could even get date raped by Myron.
Well, I'm not too surprised that wasn't included in a 2015 game.

in a 2015 game.

I've seen far worse from GTA 5 and the game still remains at an M rating. One of the highest selling games of all time. There is no excuse to try and not to offend others in videogames anymore, it just holds the game back.

Guess it's best to not trigger any women's ptsd from being date raped in a videogame.