Poll

[February 2016] Most anticipated DLC?

Automatron
Wasteland Workshop
Far Harbor

Author Topic: [MEGATHREAD] Fallout 4 || Contraption, Vault-Tec, Nuka World  (Read 582691 times)

I should've known I'd find something like this considering the name of the place I was exploring, I didn't realize the connection until I got to the end

[It's the Dunwich Borers, same as the Dunwich Building from Fallout 3]

Message from Bethesda

Quote from: https://bethesda.net/#en/events/game/thanks-and-updates/2015/11/19/53
Thank you! We can't say it enough- thank you for the amazing support you've given us. We're incredibly blessed to have so many incredible fans. You've made Fallout 4 not just our largest game launch ever, but one of the industry’s. It's beyond anything we hoped for.

Seeing and reading your stories has given our whole studio immense joy. It's amazing to see what you've done with the game, what you've discovered, and what you've built! We know there's even more to come; the game is full of hidden gems and ways it can be played.

For some, the freedom the game offers can be overwhelming. We know the game throws a lot on you at once, so take your time. There are many moments of “How does this work? What do I do to survive?” and that’s how your character should be feeling as well. Those that push through should be able to look back at who they were when they stepped out of the Vault and say, “I made it. I understand this world now and it’s mine.”

It's true that the freedom our games offer you can lead to unintentional consequences that are sometimes bad, when the game combines too many unexpected elements at once. Given the scale and complexity of the systems at work, especially when allowing you to build your own settlements, we're happy that Fallout 4 is our most robust and solid release ever, and we'd like to thank our amazing QA staff who worked as hard as anyone to break the game so we could fix it during development. But a hundred testers will never replicate the many millions playing the game now, and we're hard at work addressing the top issues.

Our process for updating the game will include releasing a beta patch on Steam, followed by full release on PC, then release on the consoles. This process has worked well for us in the past and allows us to get more fixes out faster. Expect to see more updates, that are smaller and more frequent, than a few big ones. This allows us to make sure each fix is working right, as any change can have unintentional side effects in a game this huge. We expect the first beta patch to be up next week.

If you have feedback or issues to let us know about, contact our support staff here.

Thanks again for everything. We look forward to our continued journeys together.

Bethesda Game Studios
« Last Edit: November 19, 2015, 04:56:43 PM by Regulith »

I've been using Kremvh's Tooth for ages now. It's a nice melee weapon.
It completely went over my head that it's a connection to the Dunwich building in Fallout 3, which is apparently a reference to The Dunwich Horror, an H. P. Lovecraft novel.

I really loved exploring that location. I definitely recommend everyone explores it, as it has a great atmosphere.

I've been using Kremvh's Tooth for ages now. It's a nice melee weapon.
It completely went over my head that it's a connection to the Dunwich building in Fallout 3, which is apparently a reference to The Dunwich Horror, an H. P. Lovecraft novel.

I really loved exploring that location. I definitely recommend everyone explores it, as it has a great atmosphere.
Man that place was spooky, but it was worth it for a good weapon and bobblehead

apparently if you got a open shot, meaning that the enemy doesn't move behind cover or something, crits will always hit your target in vats

apparently if you got a open shot, meaning that the enemy doesn't move behind cover or something, crits will always hit your target in vats
Really?
I often avoid using my crit, because what's the point if I'm only getting 40% chance.

So it is kind of nice if it is a guaranteed hit, but also odd because that negates the probability system

Found the laser pistol that has unlimited ammo capacity, turned it into a machine gun. Laser spam ftw

I got a double barreled shotgun with infinite ammo capacity.
I would use it in place of my combat shotgun (one which does poison damage), but I know I'd blow through my ammo much too quickly.

Only sitting on around 150 shells.

I got a double barreled shotgun with infinite ammo capacity.
I would use it in place of my combat shotgun (one which does poison damage), but I know I'd blow through my ammo much too quickly.

Only sitting on around 150 shells.
i have over a thousand fusion cells, and somewhere around 500 shotgun shells. I mostly use my .50 cal sniper, and the deliverer.

You guys using your special melees and I'm here with my piercing power fist that I got from the swan dude.

if a major part of the game is collecting things to use as crafting components, why do companions verbally harass you every time you pick that stuff up

Do places get uncleared over time?

if a major part of the game is collecting things to use as crafting components, why do companions verbally harass you every time you pick that stuff up
Tell me about it!

You're the one who's got me building settlements Preston, don't give me sass when I pick up 20 tin cans!

because they're gonna end up carrying it, duh.

"Oh, this belongs in the garbage, yes?"

shut the forget up curie, I need these aluminum cans so I can repair my power armor after I rush in to save you when you're in trouble, you belong in the garbage

...I'm sorry, I don't mean that

Do places get uncleared over time?
Yes i think they do, I just went to a place i know i cleared and had to clear it again. I'm not sure if this happens with every location but it would be cool if its true