Author Topic: SAME-love MARRIAGE NOW LEGAL NATIONWIDE  (Read 28278 times)

"Shouldn't" implies there's a universal way things should be. There isn't a universal "way things should be" because ultimately the "way things should be" is subjective and determined by an individual person. From an objective point of view, there is no "way things should be", it's just "the way things are."
I know? This is demonstrated by the fact people are gay. But in science its not supposed to happen so stop loving making it normal cause it's not.
"Science" does not determine what should or should not happen. Just because something does not function biologically does not make it not normal or unnature.

It's not supposed to happen scientifically and yet it happens?

"Science" does not determine what should or should not happen. Just because something does not function biologically does not make it not normal or unnature.
"Science" does not determine what should or should not happen. Science determines WHAT and WHY things happen, there's a difference.

It's not supposed to happen scientifically and yet it happens?
i think he meant we aren't specifically bound to science for who we feel love for

"Science" does not determine what should or should not happen. Science determines WHAT and WHY things happen, there's a difference.
But in science its not supposed to happen so stop loving making it normal cause it's not.
When why are you assuming that "science" does exactly that?

I know? This is demonstrated by the fact people are gay. But in science its not supposed to happen so stop loving making it normal cause it's not.
I'd like to point out that your entire argument about it not being "scientifically made to happen" is also an appeal to nature. You're saying that because nature did not intend it to happen, that it should not be considered socially acceptable. Things do not have to be intended by nature to be acceptable.

When why are you assuming that "science" does exactly that?
The way science explains it shows why it does not happen. Need to choose my wording more carefully.

It's always been pretty ridiculous to me that this has even been an issue. It is and always has been a matter of personal Liberty. While I'm all for religious rights, it is a basic tenant of Liberty that no person's Liberty shall impede the Liberty of another human. A church should be perfectly able to refuse to marry a gay couple, as then their liberties would be impeding your religious liberties, but in the eyes of Justice and the Law, that same gay couple should have the same liberty to marry as any other couple.
I agree wholeheartedly but why are you capitalizing those things

I'd like to point out that your entire argument about it not being "scientifically made to happen" is also an appeal to nature. You're saying that because nature did not intend it to happen, that it should not be considered socially acceptable. Things do not have to be intended by nature to be acceptable.
It can be considered socially acceptable, I'm all pro gay people being able to live how they like as it does not affect anyone else. Being homoloveual though, is not the intent of your gender.

The way science explains it shows why it does not happen.

What the heck are you even talking about

general put your finger up your ass and tell me if you feel pleasure

like get really deep in there too

general put your finger up your ass and tell me if you feel pleasure

like get really deep in there too
This is one of my favorite counterarguments, ever

I for one love it when my girlfriend sticks it up my rear.

I wish she liked it up her's though  :panda:

I for one love it when my girlfriend sticks it up my rear.

I wish she liked it up her's though  :panda:
Oh gosh lol