Author Topic: Steam being a gigantic pile of stuff. [HELP]  (Read 2029 times)

Steam wants me to pass verification so I can sell more than 200 items on the steam market a year. I recently acquired around 100 steam trading cards and I've been wanting to sell them for CS:GO skins. I was able to bypass it for a short amount of time by only listing a certain amount of items for a while. It asks if I am a US citizen, and I pick that the option.

I come across this.
Really steam? I'm a loving 12 year old wanting to buy a video game skin, I get enough trading cards to sell, and you stomp on my face with this stuff?
Is there any way to get around this? I've been wanting to sell this stuff and it's horrid that I have to do this.

why not just fill it out? it's a required thing and you'll probably only have to do it once

why not just fill it out? it's a required thing and you'll probably only have to do it once
The thing is, I have no idea what my SSN is.
I'm not going to walk up to my parents and go "hey, whats my SSN?".

They require it because they tax you for it after a certain point. I dont remember where but I was watching a CSGO Item video on youtube and the guy said he had to fill out that form since he needed to pay tax on the items.

Edit:
Information Required by IRC Section 6050W

Under Internal Revenue Code section 6050W, the U.S. Internal Revenue Service requires us to determine whether you are a U.S. citizen or resident alien before permitting you to sell more than 200 items in the community market in a single calendar year. If you are a U.S. citizen or resident alien, the IRS also requires us to collect your Social Security number or other Taxpayer Identification Number. Please note that we are not required to report this information or information about your sales to the IRS under section 6050W of the Internal Revenue Code unless you engage in more than 200 sales in a single calendar year AND the gross sales proceeds from those sales exceeds $20,000 in a single calendar year.
IRS Requires them to. Its protecting against cyber fraud.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2015, 03:48:35 AM by DJ Charizard »

just tell your parents about the situation and i'm sure they'll understand. also its not like steam is a shady thing or whatever

just tell your parents about the situation and i'm sure they'll understand. also its not like steam is a shady thing or whatever
the last time i added steam emone to my account they freaked the forget out because steam was verifying the card using their stupid stuff system where you had to type in two numbers they pulled
i think its best if i simply ask them to give me a state ID or something

i had an idea in mind that i would shift over any trading cards i had to another account, inherited the money into a csgo skin, waited to trade it and just sell it on my main
it sounds complicated as forget but i want to try it
« Last Edit: July 07, 2015, 04:40:31 AM by Maxxi »

im pretty sure some parent isnt just going to let their kid fill our their SSN on a website they know nothing about.

They're just following the law.

Then just wait for 2016

Who doesn't know their SSN? It's like a phone number, hell it's shorter than a phone number.

I know I've been using mine since I was 11 or 12.

i had an idea in mind that i would shift over any trading cards i had to another account, inherited the money into a csgo skin, waited to trade it and just sell it on my main
it sounds complicated as forget but i want to try it
No. The tax thing is required by law. Just ask your parents for their SSN, if they say no, just deal with it.

Oh no, they're following the law, how bad

yea i guess i've just decided to trade stuff over to an alt and see how that works out
i have 117 trading cards left worth like
five dollars
so
kek