Procedural Terrain Generator v3 [Working on v3.1]

Author Topic: Procedural Terrain Generator v3 [Working on v3.1]  (Read 98976 times)

The situation was caused from another mod that stops certain players from planting certain bricks by packaging ::onPlant and deleting the brick. I accidentally just showed the wrong part.

Add-Ons/System_PTG/Scripts/Server_Support.cs (1406): Unable to find object: '16702' attempting to call function 'getDataBlock'
BackTrace: ->servercmdPlantBrick->[happyDoorFunTime]fxDTSBrick::onPlant->[PTG_ServerPackage]fxDTSBrick::onPlant

Add-Ons/System_PTG/Scripts/Server_Support.cs (1407): Unable to find object: '' attempting to call function 'getName'
BackTrace: ->servercmdPlantBrick->[happyDoorFunTime]fxDTSBrick::onPlant->[PTG_ServerPackage]fxDTSBrick::onPlant

The situation was caused from another mod that stops certain players from planting certain bricks by packaging ::onPlant and deleting the brick. I accidentally just showed the wrong part.

Oh okay, yeah I can try adding some isObject checks; I should do so anyway just to be safe.

release please
Shouldn't be much longer. =)

Does anyone know if there is a checkmark symbol in ASCII or Unicode that I can use? It would really come in handy for listing builds in the build-loading GUI, but I can't find one.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2015, 11:57:41 AM by [GSF]Ghost »

Does anyone know if there is a checkmark symbol in ASCII or Unicode that I can use? It would really come in handy for listing builds in the build-loading GUI, but I can't find one.

I do not know much about ASCII or Unicode, but this may help: http://www.amp-what.com/unicode/search/check%20mark

Blockland uses the Windows-1252 charset. Check the link for the Wikipedia article with an image of all available characters.

I do not know much about ASCII or Unicode, but this may help: http://www.amp-what.com/unicode/search/check%20mark
Blockland uses the Windows-1252 charset. Check the link for the Wikipedia article with an image of all available characters.
Thanks for the help guys, I decided to use another character instead since the symbol I'm looking for is not supported in this version of Torque.

Also, making progress!
✔ Added option to set a chunk to "edited" when the wrench is used and settings are applied to a brick within it (meant for chunk saving)
✔ Added option to set a chunk to "edited" when a brick is painted, destroyed or printed within it
✔ Added option to set a chunk to "edited" when a player brick is planted within it
✔ Added option to set a chunk to be "static" when a player-planted vehicle, bot or player spawn is planted within it
✔ Added option to auto-hide bot, vehicle and player spawn bricks when generated as details
✔ Added custom GUI checkbox profiles

« Last Edit: August 17, 2015, 11:20:52 PM by [GSF]Ghost »

what the heck does this mean

That just means that there was an issue with the noise scales you used for floating islands, under Advanced settings. The first iteration size must be greater than or equal to the second, and the second must be greater than or equal to the chunk size you have set. Let me know if that helps.

Dear god! AWESOME!

No download link? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 02:15:46 PM by Miargentino »

For some reason sand doesnt spawn with the block under it being sand colored anymore, it takes the color of dirt
and theres random gray patches everywhere with the same effect

Dear God! AWESOME!

No download link? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
It'll be released soon. =) For now, only testers can use it, sorry.

For some reason sand doesnt spawn with the block under it being sand colored anymore, it takes the color of dirt
and theres random gray patches everywhere with the same effect
- pic -
That's normal, biomes are designed to generate that way. In the screenshot you posted, you can can see how sand near the water level doesn't have the dirt color. However, biomes and default terrain will always have the dirt color under the terrain brick, unless you enable the "Dirt Color / Prints Same As Relative Biome" option under Features.

Btw, I'll be posting another progress update soon! I'm almost finished with the pseudo-equator system, and have made a lot of progress with the Build-Loading GUI as well.

The pseudo-equator system has been included! This feature allows you to delay when certain landscape features start generating, based on the start distance you set relative to the +/- Y-axis. This is useful for promoting exploration when used with infinite terrain; works with custom biomes, caves, mountains, clouds and floating islands.

Other progress:
✔ Added greater eval security
✔ Fixed issue with Floating Island XY Noise Scales (they should now generate properly)
✔ Fix issue with Floating Islands XY Noise Scale error check, made noise scale error messages easier to understand, and fixed other error messages / checks
✔ Finished Pseduo equator (with toggle option)
✔ Adjusted Function and Sub-Function delay ranges
✔ Altered Connect Lakes to be relative to the water level and is now set with a slider (so it's easier to use)
✔ Changed "chunk saves per seed" hard limit to now be 100,000 - same as the total chunk save limit
✔ Made various changes to the GUIs

Has it been pushed for testing in any capacity, or is it just ready for the next testing build?

holy mingus that is beautiful