Poll

What alignment would you like to see expanded in Mafia Madness? (elaboration appreciated)

The Innocents
15 (29.4%)
The Mafia
8 (15.7%)
Unaligned Good
2 (3.9%)
Unaligned Neutral
11 (21.6%)
Unaligned Evil
8 (15.7%)
Something else?? (elaborate in post)
7 (13.7%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Author Topic: Mafia Madness (too) [BETA] [OFFLINE] [Public Beta v2.2.1; Deathville v1.1.0]  (Read 24904 times)

I give up trying to play this, both of the times you hosted this were 2 and 3 am for me ;-;

I give up trying to play this, both of the times you hosted this were 2 and 3 am for me ;-;
move to a better timezone nerd

hosting now finally!

added an alarmist innocent role that can stop a cult leader from recruiting a chosen person at night

also ported old MM gamemodes (abduct titanium tonight, just try to survive, etc.) into the new format

praise the rock
hail the rock
die by the rock

hosting !

added a gamemode voting system which can run during DM periods

hosting R I G H T  N O W!!!

nothing really new yet, but i plan on working on some stuff as i host!

Going to host tonight?

this is not dead don't worries. i'm just a bit busy these days ... that doesn't mean i'm not working though! i'm mostly trying to figure out where i want to go with this project next. i'm getting to the point where i feel like it needs to be tested in a different way. that is, i need to see how people host, rather than just how people play, which was the original purpose of the project in the first place!

i likely won't have a public beta test in this case, for the simple fact that i don't want to saturate the market, so to speak, at this point in time. i would rather have a controlled environment where the largest audience can be concentrated to one particular server.

in addition, if anyone interested in using this framework, please contact me. this is another kind of test that i need to have and it's super-important, because those are the people that are going to keep this gamemode alive and kicking, regardless of how good people think their additions are. if people feel that a take on the gamemode is poor, that gets them thinking about how to do it better. have no hesitation in somehow contacting me if you think you would want to work with this. i need to know what tools and hooks to have available for people to use. the framework will have Support_Updater functionality, but i'd like to ship something that's as complete as possible for its ends from the start.

update !!!

gytyyhgfffff will now be a test host for mafia madness too, too! this means that A) i will be able to better know what hosts need, B) the gamemode will be available more often for play, C) other ideas will have a better chance of being implemented and tried out

this will hopefully help to make the release version even better. it's especially helpful because i won't have as much free time any more, so having another person hosting can make sure more people are able to play.

i'm hosting the test server if anyone wants to join