Script Request - Turn off player to player collision

Author Topic: Script Request - Turn off player to player collision  (Read 1535 times)

So I was thinking of making a challenge server the other day, but then I remembered that many challenges had issues with players colliding against each other, and then people that intentionally Block areas or hop on top of each other to cheat or skip a challenge.

So is it possible to make a script that disables player collision? If not I'll just go ahead a nd lock it.

Not unless blockland gets some major changes to the collision engine.

Not unless blockland gets some major changes to the collision engine.
But is this because the player is tied to brick collision? It has to be something, I though it would of been something like creating maybe a new playertype that can't collide with itself/ or other players.

The problem is that everything runs off of collision boxes. If you remove a player's collision box then they not only won't collide with players, but they won't collide with anything. Which means that only Badspot could modify the engine to allow this. It has been suggested before that Badspot add collision layers.

currently probably the best way to do this is to make the collision box tiny in the center of the player
but then there would also be issues of jumping on bricks, they would have to land on the center of it

This is used/was used? in crowns jail break, probably ask crown about it.

warden or someone could toggle prisoner collisions, and it would only make it so that they couldn't player-stack onto each other to make ladders, and make tasks from warden easier? i'm just going off memory.

« Last Edit: July 20, 2015, 12:14:53 PM by Xeidious* »

There's a dll for this, not really possible through a script though.

maybe if you flattened the collision box to being very short

maybe if you flattened the collision box to being very short
they'd still hit eachother going sideways, and the player on the bottom wouldn't be able to jump
it'd need to be a tiny collision box at their feet

Zeblote made a DLL for this but last I heard it was broken by an update and needs to be updated.

yeah this is something modders have been wanting for a long time

the prob is that it's a pretty big undertaking. p sure you would have to figure out a lot of networking stuff as well if you were to try and add this

here's one suggestion on how it might work that i liked (+space guy's extension of making them bit-masks instead)
http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=146555.0
« Last Edit: July 20, 2015, 03:04:55 PM by otto-san »

they'd still hit eachother going sideways, and the player on the bottom wouldn't be able to jump
it'd need to be a tiny collision box at their feet
you just gotta jump over them
you could probably fit at least 5 players within a 5-brick-tall entrance

I guess collision layers sounds like the best option, but would Badspot even consider adding it it?
If collision layers where to be added what are the probabilities that many things will break and if so what would break?

I guess collision layers sounds like the best option, but would Badspot even consider adding it it?
If collision layers where to be added what are the probabilities that many things will break and if so what would break?
ideally the default settings would make everything function the same way it does now