Windows 10 Thread | I AM LATE BUT IT'S HERE FOR A LOT OF PEOPLE

Poll

-

-
0 (0%)
-
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Windows 10 Thread | I AM LATE BUT IT'S HERE FOR A LOT OF PEOPLE  (Read 101730 times)

Right click the image, open with, choose another app, scroll down until you find Paint.net and click the checkbox to make that file type always open with Paint.net
Problem with that is that then brings up Paint.net instead of the image viewer when I select the image normally. I just want it to bring up Paint.net when I select Edit.

why are my wallpapers turned into low-quality jpgs regardless of what i save them as or at
i was able to use pngs perfectly fine in insider builds, why did they break this
source image | displayed wallpaper
« Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 08:02:10 PM by ·:Taboo:· »

why are my wallpapers turned into low-quality jpgs regardless of what i save them as or at
i was able to use pngs perfectly fine in insider builds, why did they break this

So they reintroduced that 'feature' from Windows 7/8? Was hoping they'd get rid of it.

Yeah, I found that saving images at .tiff or whatever seemed to fix that in Windows 8, but it may have just been the specific image.

source image | displayed wallpaper
i had to click back and forth with like 200% zoom like 20 time to find the jpeg
but once i saw it, it was really really obvious. that's straight up gross

So they reintroduced that 'feature' from Windows 7/8? Was hoping they'd get rid of it.
I don't have that?

So far, Windows 10 has been one of the buggiest OSes i've played with. It's not worked at all for me during the time i've had it. The Start button won't pop up and I can't right click on the taskbar. Anyone know any fixes? Googles not been a real big help.

so far i've had no problems with w10, which is good
sorry that you guys are having problems

So far, Windows 10 has been one of the buggiest OSes i've played with. It's not worked at all for me during the time i've had it. The Start button won't pop up and I can't right click on the taskbar. Anyone know any fixes? Googles not been a real big help.
give it time
im going to take another look at windows 10 in a few months as literally nothing worked for me

weird, it's been one of the best os's ive ever used

o well

weird, it's been one of the best os's ive ever used

o well
It looks really nice and i'd love to use it, I just need to figure out my start menu and taskbar problem.

I don't have that?

It's probably a lot less noticeable on most wallpapers, but for whatever reason, modern versions of Windows decided to convert all wallpapers from PNG/other lossless types to JPG/lossy.

Hell, even GNOME 3 on Linux does it. It's annoying.

The solution is to save your image as a jpg with low compression in your favorite image editor.

EDIT: actually taboo's is already a jpg so I don't know why it's being compressed further.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 12:07:38 AM by Steve5451² »

when i installed windows 10 in a VM and logged in with my microsoft account, i mysteriously had the same wallpaper as my host PC running windows 8 logged in with the same account. i think microsoft may be doing some kind of goofy wallpaper sync thing, so maybe they compress the images to save space. doesn't make sense to compress it on the local PC though?

edit:
yep, checked onedrive settings and apparently backgrounds are synced. weird. maybe disabling that will fix it. i imagine windows 10 should have the same setting somewhere.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 12:26:07 AM by otto-san »

So my 2nd monitor isn't working after upgrading..
Fixed.

I can't get my display adapters to update though.
NVIDIA GeForce GT 625
« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 01:10:17 AM by Akio »