Poll

-

-
0 (0%)
-
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Windows 10 Thread | I AM LATE BUT IT'S HERE FOR A LOT OF PEOPLE  (Read 99996 times)

nice you continue to derail after it got back on topic

Of course the person who had to cause the whole Linux argument had to be a Mint user.

listen i dont really want to debate on whether someone should be using linux or windows because frankly i use both and enjoy both, but i just wanna comment on a couple of things

5. Why would someone want to type console commands in 2015? Every useful action should have an easy to use gui.
personally, i find keybinds and commands a lot faster than working with some UI elements. it's a matter of preference, i guess

2. What if I don't want to customize it?
then you don't customize it, simple solution. some people wanna customize their OS's interface a whole lot more than they'd be able to on windows. tiling window managers on linux are really, really great for workflow and its something i wish i could set up on windows easily

also i wanna add

9. No disk de-fragmentation

you're stupid to think this, pretty much all the linux filesystems, including the oh so popular ext4 comes with defrag tools. i don't see why it'd come with defrag tools if youre not meant to use them

well apparently it's a linux thread now lol

no, that's all i had to say on it. i'm done now. anyways to get back on topic what do you all think of the action center thing

i haven't seen it actually do anything yet

no, that's all i had to say on it. i'm done now. anyways to get back on topic what do you all think of the action center thing

i like it imo

my amd drivers keep freaking out tho

Mine has system notifications, new emails, and probably calendar stuff.

i get news and weather updates from it and probably other stuff that i don't know about yet

i think it's neat

ooh i like the animation for switching between desktops when you use the shortcut

using win+a makes the action center worth using

nothing has shown up in it yet, at all even though it seems it'd be useful

curious: is windows key/super + tab still a thing in 10?

curious: is windows key/super + tab still a thing in 10?
windows tab opens the multiple desktops thing

^also shows the windows you have open so kinda

Let's see

1. That's a bad thing. I once looked at linux and everywhere was "use this version" and "no use this version" and "no mine is better!!!" and "why not use this one!". The linux community can't focus on a common goal for some reason. You could do so much more without the idiotic fragmentation.

2. What if I don't want to customize it?

3. I've never had a too long file path error so I can't comment on how useful this is

4. Windows 10 is already fast, does it really matter if it takes 15 seconds to boot or 5?

5. Why would someone want to type console commands in 2015? Every useful action should have an easy to use gui.

6. I guess you're right with this one

7. Reporting exceptions and crashes to the developers is not a bad thing, every good software does this. I don't understand why people are getting worked up over this at all.

8. Just don't download shady stuff and you won't have this problem

9. What?

10. & 11. see 2.

I see so many people running around telling everyone that linux is so much better, but when you ask for details you never get any real reasons.
De-fragmentation essentially... oh, forget it: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disk_Defragmenter_%28Windows%29
Linux avoids this by just finding a space that can fit the file in the first place, rarely are there fragmented files unless they've been edited. You don't really ever need to de-fragment it.
Telemetry isn't what you think it is: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telemetry
Windows 10's telemetry includes:
-Keylogging is ON by DEFAULT, and submits it to microsoft
-Submitting the applications you use
This data is then brown townysed by Microsoft and sold to third party companies that give you targeted ads, and in some instances(ex. google), filter the internet to tailor it more to you. For example, if you where a Republican, it might filter out all Liberal things, even thought you might have actually considered the ideas.
"if you don't want to customize it" is the stufftiest point I've ever heard of. That's like saying "But what if you don't want to use this feature!" Well, then don't loving use it!
« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 07:53:14 PM by superdupercoolguy »