Windows 10 Thread | I AM LATE BUT IT'S HERE FOR A LOT OF PEOPLE

Poll

-

-
0 (0%)
-
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Windows 10 Thread | I AM LATE BUT IT'S HERE FOR A LOT OF PEOPLE  (Read 101669 times)

This is the Win10 thread. Make a Linux thread.

For example, if you where a Republican, it might filter out all Liberal things, even thought you might have actually considered the ideas.

this is the most adorable brown townogy i've ever heard

-ugh-
Why not just use what you're comfortable using?

You just came into the topic (specifically about Windows 10) shouting "LINUX IS BETTER LOL" trying to stir stuff up. I hate users like you that have to shove the fact they use Linux down everyone's throats, thinking they're ~ultra superior~ because they don't use Windows.

I haven’t used a single command yet, and I can already customize just about anything
I think if you're using linux and not using the command line, you don't really have a reason to use linux

I think if you're using linux and not using the command line, you don't really have a reason to use linux

this so much

-Keylogging is ON by DEFAULT, and submits it to microsoft
Why do people still believe this?

I've just upgraded and it's actually a really neat OS.
The only real problem I'm having is my wireless adapter (Netgear WNA3100) randomly disconnecting while browsing and installing steam games. I'm probably just going to get a new adapter maybe, or maybe it'll stop soon enough.

y'know, I know how to use linux and the terminal on a basic enough level where I can do stuff

but my problem with linux is the fact that it's waayyy too much

like when I turn on my computer, I expect that after 35 years of advancements, I shouldn't have to type "chmod" into some black screen with words to change permissions on a file, and I shouldn't have to expect to have to type out a whole file path to make a python script work. (and I know I can go: "python [script.py]" instead of putting "#!/usr/bin/python" at the top of a file). linux has it's place, yeah it has better security and is free (which is obviously a big bonus) but still, I like to have a simple os to put stuff on and have it work right out of the box. I like to be able to have everything work with simple clicks of a button, not by tweaking everything to the tiniest level.

every os has it's place, but you can't expect everyone (now I don't mean your average computer user, I mean people who do stuff like just browse the internet) to love linux all of a sudden just because it's "better" and "more customizable. honestly, I love linux and all, with how customizable it is, but while I like to fiddle with stuff, I like stuff up and the get go too.

and what files are you naming that are longer than 256 characters? most lines of code are ~80-120 characters, im not trying to come off as rude, but just curious.

You can change the permissions by right clicking and going to properties (or a similar option) in most desktop environments man, and you can double click a python file if you have python set as your default for py files.

and let me clarify that I don't use Linux on anything but a laptop that's too weak to run Windows.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2015, 05:23:45 PM by Steve5451² »

Why do people still believe this?
It is on by default if you have Cortana, it's just disable-able.

What is basically Service Pack 1 was released today. Update your stuff, people.

Can't get enough how smooth everything is. I just dragged my window around for 2 minutes straight. And don't even get me started in minimizing and maximizing.

I did it!

oooo what does it fix?

oooo what does it fix?
You can copy and past the whole name of the update into Google and find it's article on Microsoft's site, which is pretty handy
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3081424

Unfortunately, there isn't much detail other than "This update includes improvements to enhance the functionality of Windows 10."

I FINALLY got windows10 installed...but my resolution is low.  It's like 1024x768 and that's the highest available setting, wtf is happening?

My original res was like 1680x1050.