Windows 10 Thread | I AM LATE BUT IT'S HERE FOR A LOT OF PEOPLE

Poll

-

-
0 (0%)
-
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Windows 10 Thread | I AM LATE BUT IT'S HERE FOR A LOT OF PEOPLE  (Read 99979 times)

I FINALLY got windows10 installed...but my resolution is low.  It's like 1024x768 and that's the highest available setting, wtf is happening?

My original res was like 1680x1050.
Update your graphics card drivers.

I FINALLY got windows10 installed...but my resolution is low.  It's like 1024x768 and that's the highest available setting, wtf is happening?

Just go and reinstall or update your drivers and it should work like normal.
How do I do that?
Well what graphics card do you have.

Well what graphics card do you have.

Idk how do I find that out?

you're hopeless brickitect omg.

you're hopeless brickitect omg.
If you're not gonna help, forget off.

Get speccy or something like that.

You could also try just looking up your computer model for the specs themselves.

Get speccy or something like that.

ew no

just go to device manager and check the display adapters tab

You can change the permissions by right clicking and going to properties (or a similar option) in most desktop environments man, and you can double click a python file if you have python set as your default for py files.

and let me clarify that I don't use Linux on anything but a laptop that's too weak to run Windows.
I use linux on one of my old XP computers, I use a variant called ChaletOS on it since its lightweight, the one problem is the extremely complicated and annoying things you have to do to install a theme or even worse a single cursor.

And worse than that is compatibility with stuff like keyboards, if the keyboard uses a different set of drivers and their not available the generic drivers work but the bad thing is all the F keys (F1,F2, Ect) become shift and alt and ctrl becomes space.

There is a fix where I have to type something in the terminal to fix it every time it boots and its just too damn annoying, what's worse is that while wine works, anything with direct x you can forget about running and .net programs are worse to deal with, something always breaks, and its always compatibility, Mint was one of the better distros I have use but the xp machine could not run it very well.

And That's why I don't generally use linux on all my computers.

TLDR; Compatibility is hell, something always breaks, simple things like cursors are also hell to install.

happened to me so i just restarted my pc
it's working now :^)

happened to me so i just restarted my pc
it's working now :^)
Tried that, didn't work.
You could also try just looking up your computer model for the specs themselves.
Nividia thing

Nividia thing
Can you start the GeForce Experience program? Do you have it?

100 pages babeee
we're almost there

Brickitect you silly, just press the Windows key and the R key and type 'dxdiag' into the run dialog