Windows 10 Thread | I AM LATE BUT IT'S HERE FOR A LOT OF PEOPLE

Poll

-

-
0 (0%)
-
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Windows 10 Thread | I AM LATE BUT IT'S HERE FOR A LOT OF PEOPLE  (Read 99960 times)

oh that might be brick's problem. his monitor is kinda old
Yeah this migt be my problem...

Yeah this migt be my problem...

yeah I think it's your problem

If your monitor is Plug 'n' Play, it is highly unlikely that it would affect the function of your graphics card. I have never ever heard of a monitor being a problem. Despite the fact that this is really really unlikely, Intel has a nice page about drivers for monitors and a handy set of links for common brands below http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-029986.htm.

This page is specifically about making sure your monitor works with Intel integrated graphics, but the monitor driver does not have to do with your actual card, so don't worry about that.

Also, you really should retry getting the NVIDIA driver, because that is way more likely your problem.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2015, 01:05:31 PM by Doomonkey »

If your monitor is Plug 'n' Play, it is highly unlikely that it would affect the function of your graphics card. I have never ever heard of a monitor being a problem. Despite the fact that this is really really unlikely, Intel has a nice page about drivers for monitors and a handy set of links for common brands below http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-029986.htm.

This page is specifically about making sure your monitor works with Intel integrated graphics, but monitor driver does not have to do with your actual card, so don't worry about that.

Also, you really should retry getting the NVIDIA driver, because that is way more likely your problem.
His monitor is a non pnp one while mine is there is a reason it works on windows 8 and not then because the drivers haven't been updated yet. I'm not even sure nvidia is too blame.

I believe it's also because there are no intel integrated graphics for hd 3000

His monitor is a non pnp one while mine is there is a reason it works on windows 8 and not then because the drivers haven't been updated yet. I'm not even sure nvidia is too blame
I don't really understand what you are saying. Any monitor that isn't ancient is probably PnP. Monitor drivers really never update. There is almost 0 reason why Windows 10 would behave different than Windows 8 in interacting with any monitor.

It really seems like you don't know what you're talking about.

I believe it's also because there are no intel integrated graphics for hd 3000
What

yep windows is still being a little stuff about crashing with that video tdr failure garbage

I don't really understand what you are saying. Any monitor that isn't ancient is probably PnP. Monitor drivers really never update. There is almost 0 reason why Windows 10 would behave different than Windows 8 in interacting with any monitor.

It really seems like you don't know what you're talking about.
You could reinstall nvidia drivers 10 times and it still wouldn't be fixed and that's like the only thing you're saying but that wont fix it

well I installed it but neither my gpu or wifi adapter drivers worked so I switched back
I can really appreciate how easy they made it to switch back though, it took like ten minutes and it's just like it was before

well I didn't know reserving a copy would end up forcing me to upgrade in the next few days

looks like I'm upgrading to windows 10 a few months earlier than I wanted to

bye windows 7, you had a good run

well I didn't know reserving a copy would end up forcing me to upgrade in the next few days

looks like I'm upgrading to windows 10 a few months earlier than I wanted to

bye windows 7, you had a good run
I didn't think it forced you to update. There is also a revert back to windows 7 option if you don't like it.

I didn't think it forced you to update. There is also a revert back to windows 7 option if you don't like it.

if there was an option to cancel the upgrade I couldn't find it

I tried cancelling the reservation but considering I am on win10 right now you can see how far that got me

There's an option somewhere to revert back to your original OS if you don't like it. I looked it up online and here's supposedly how you do it:

1.Open start menu by clicking the icon and choose “Settings”.
2.Click “Update & Security” at the dialog box.
3.At last, choose “Recovery” and click “Go back to Windows 7”.

What happens if I have a technical preview of 10 on another harddrive that was a fresh install (no previous version of WIndows on it) now that 10 is officially released?