What is your opinion on 60 fps in games?

Author Topic: What is your opinion on 60 fps in games?  (Read 6358 times)

are some people's brains slower at processing visual things than others cuz i see a huge difference between 30 and 60

are some people's brains slower at processing visual things than others cuz i see a huge difference between 30 and 60
By a bit, yes, but not enough for that. Some people are more aware of small details though.

I never saw the difference until I started recording in 60
was cool

Also am I the only that finds it kinda silly when someone says they're about to get epilepsy or have their eyes hurt or something when viewing 30fps. I understand  people have references and stuff and that's cool, but saying it's about to hurt your eyes sounds pretty wacky imo.

yeah, i can see a difference between 30 fps and 60 fps

but similar to Mr. Nobody
To be honest, I've grown so used to my toaster I've been keeping alive that anything above 20 FPS is totally acceptable.

I can see the massive difference between 60 and 30, but either look just fine.

This is actually a slight lie, browsers can only display gifs at around 50fps, so that 60fps is 50fps, that 30fps is 25fps, and that 15fps is 12.5fps.
http://nullsleep.tumblr.com/post/16524517190/animated-gif-minimum-frame-delay-browser

But relatively it is the same

I've always seen a huge difference.

Also, it really depends on the game. Fast paced action games need 60+ fps a lot more than a slow building game, for example.

honestly, low fps bothers me way more in slower games, if only because I spend more time looking at it than playing it if that makes any sense.

60 is bare minimum
I still wont ne happy unless i have 100+

30 is just trash and not even gaming anymore

60 tends to run a bit smoother.

i prefer 60, but i can still play with anything =>25