What is your opinion on 60 fps in games?

Author Topic: What is your opinion on 60 fps in games?  (Read 6339 times)

So anyone who can't see it here, find a better example

you need something that moves fast
like so
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RszTxApj588

interesting stuff I noticed:
this game displays invulnerability by making the player character "transparent"
viewing the video at 30fps doesn't show the "transparency"
other 30fps videos of this game have the character disappear completely during invulnerability
which means the character is actually blinking in and out every frame
« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 07:16:40 PM by ChexGuy331 »

But why do you people care? Does it really make that much of a difference?
yes

It's easier to tell on the mirror's edge example. http://30vs60.com/mirrorsedge.php

I still can't tell the difference.

I still can't tell the difference.
your monitor is stuff???

having really stuff eyesight and/or being in denial are also reasonable explanations

i still don't see any differences

my monitor is at 75 Hz

i guess this is what i get for always getting less than 30 fps on every games

I tried to play Halo CE this morning. I can't do it. The game gets up to > 120FPS fine, but the animations are locked to 30FPS and it looks loving painful. Same goes for Halo 2 Vista's cinnematics (gameplay is V-Sync'd to 60 though).

Keep in mind, until 6 or so months ago, the only games I ever experienced in 60FPS were the Ratchet & Clank games. Everything else I played was 30 and under. The difference has been staggering and I refuse to go back.

i'm okay with 30fps but i would MUCH prefer 60. i was disappointed when i found out dark souls 3 was gonna be 30 fps but honestly it's what the first game was and the first game plays really well.

i will say, it's nice to get like 500 fps with blockland.

something that I never saw before

I can identify a framerate within a ~5-8fps accuracy up to 75fps. Past that idk because the highest refresh monitor I had was 75hz. I can still tell the difference between 75 and 120 though.

How can you people not notice the difference between 30 and 60. It's a MASSIVE difference. I can barely stand 30 FPS, but I have to because I can't afford a computer that can always play Blockland at 60.

Where is that gif that is the two red lines showing the difference?