3 (27.3%)
Kinda
1 (9.1%)
No
0 (0%)
augh don't mention that console
4 (36.4%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Author Topic: Xbox Vs. PS2 Vs. Dreamcast  (Read 2958 times)

XBOX Vs.PS2 Vs. Dreamcast
What Console should I buy?

Thread Info

I recently wanted to sell my PS2 for an Original XBOX, but
I couldn't decide between keeping the PS2 or selling
the PS2 for an XBOX, or sell my PS2 for an dreamcast.

So I decided to see what you guys (and the poll) had
to say about this.

Specs will be posted Soon.

Consoles I own:
SNES
Sega Saturn
2 N64s
4 GBAs
GBC
2 PSPs
PS Vita
PS1
PS3
X360 (its more of a family console then my console.)
PS2
DS FAT
3DS
WII

« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 01:22:55 PM by Sparky_78 »

The PS2 has the Ratchet games, Persona 4, Burnout 3: Takedown and backwards compatibility with the PS1 library.

I like both and I like several of their exclusives and multiplatforms, but ultimately the PS2 had/has the better library.

me no how to format text

i'd recommend the xbox because the controller feels less weird (for me at least, i don't know about you) and it has some decent games that probably aren't on the ps2
also there is an emulator for the ps2

PS2 is better. All xbox really has going for it is Halo. On PS2 theres tons of awesome games like Ratchet and Clank, Jak and Daxter, Parappa the Rapper 2, Gran Turismo 3, Sonic Heroes, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy X, and more.

People still buy original xbox's?
What the forget I threw mine away because nobody wanted it... FOR FREE
loving gay

xbox is superior
it has jet set radio future and halo and BLINX
« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 02:10:08 AM by Nonnel »

xbox is superior

(All the really good screenshots of R&C3's amazing particle effects and the greater number of AI units were blurry as forget)

Running in 60FPS. More weapons than Halo. More colours than Halo. More depth, gameplay and challenge. Ratchet also introduced achievements (called "Skill Points") and online multiplayer 6 days before Halo 2.

They're both some of my favourite games and I love them both, but Ratchet & Clank 3 is simply better.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 05:20:47 AM by McJob »

Playstation 2 is my favorite console of all time so you know my vote

Ps2 beats the xbox In my opinion. Even though I loved the forget out of Halo 2 I still preferred the PS2, it has more games that are worth your time. If you want to play Halo 2 you can just buy it off amazon for PC for a small price
« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 06:40:46 AM by Mouse droidz 21 »

i never knew 12 people on the forums had hands with 18 fingers

Ps2 beats the xbox in every single way lol
The PS2 can't run Xbox exclusive games
And therefore the PS2 is not better than the Xbox in every single way

If you prefer racing games the xbox controller feels less weird

i never knew 12 people on the forums had hands with 18 fingers
You may not be prepared to understand this, but amazingly the control scheme layout for the PS2 and the control scheme layout for the XBOX are exactly the same. Even when you change the position of the left brown townogue stick, you're still using exactly the same fingers.

I'd actually argue that it's more convenient to have the D-Pad above the stick instead of below it, since in PS2 titles the D-Pad was mostly still being used as an alternative to the stick (hence the whole brown townOG button) you need far more access to the movement stick than the movement buttons. It also meant I could use one hand to control both sticks if I needed to quickly grab something else or punch my brother in the face for being a forgetwit.

The PS2 can't run Xbox exclusive games
And therefore the PS2 is not better than the Xbox in every single way
JSRF is on the PC, Halo 2 is on the PC, and BLINX isn't notable. Please list some Xbox exclusives actually worth buying the console over, because it sure as hell seems like the good parts of the library were multi-platform anyway.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 06:45:21 AM by McJob »