Author Topic: Why is Tezuni and his servers so despised?  (Read 23111 times)

Because he's funny and you guys are being a little sensitive :/
I don't think constant stuffposting is funny

Is this some sort of joke? How the forget can you get that out of what destroyer said?
If you're not in extreme poverty and still think that bribing kids for money is a good idea, you should maybe get your head checked.

Because he's funny and you guys are being a little sensitive :/
He's something to laugh at in the same cringe inducing way you'd find a handicapped child funny, but he isn't really funny.

If you're not in extreme poverty and still think that bribing kids for money is a good idea, you should maybe get your head checked.

How do you still not get that it's optimal to set up a donation system so you don't have to run a server out of pocket? There has to be an incentive created to make people want to spend money, and giving them benefits (not too big of benefits, mind you) is a quick and easy way to do that.

I'll simplify it for you: tezuni is an adult and pays adult fees, and since adult fees are sporadic at best, he'd rather save money by having a donation system set up. I don't think it was ever implied he can't afford to host his own server, because I'm pretty sure the donations are keeping the server self-sufficient thusfar

because I'm pretty sure the donations are keeping the server self-sufficient thusfar
yep all donations go to the server paypal account, which the hosting service draws rent $ from

How do you still not get that it's optimal to set up a donation system so you don't have to run a server out of pocket? There has to be an incentive created to make people want to spend money, and giving them benefits (not too big of benefits, mind you) is a quick and easy way to do that.

I'll simplify it for you: tezuni is an adult and pays adult fees, and since adult fees are sporadic at best, he'd rather save money by having a donation system set up. I don't think it was ever implied he can't afford to host his own server, because I'm pretty sure the donations are keeping the server self-sufficient thusfar
But it isn't a donation system

But it isn't a donation system

Whether or not people are buying it to support the server or to get benefits is irrelevant, it is definitely a donation.

I don't know why donations are the only thing you petty morons have to focus on, considering there's literally nothing wrong with how it works

well, well...
at least tezuni got ton of money from donations and for that, i say gg

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/donation?s=t

"2. a gift, as to a fund; contribution."

Uh yeah, by definition it is a definitely considered a donation. According to what tezuni just posted, any of the money he gets is put back into the server, so the people giving him money are contributing funds towards his server.

"2. a gift, as to a fund; contribution."

Uh yeah, by definition it is a definitely considered a donation. According to what tezuni just posted, any of the money he gets is put back into the server, so the people giving him money are contributing funds towards his server.
Yes but he is giving the players stuff aswell which makes it not a donation. Did you read the second link?

Did you read the second link?

Yes, but did you?
"1. something given voluntarily without payment in return"

Yes, but did you?

To add to this, gifting and donating are synonyms.

So what the hell are you trying to say, exactly?

Yes, but did you?

Gifting and donating are synonyms, they can be used interchangeably.

Plus the fact that the definition of donation never states a donation isn't considered a donation if it's met with reimbursement or rewards, what players are definitely given for donating.