I got thrown out of honors. RIP.

Author Topic: I got thrown out of honors. RIP.  (Read 2567 times)

My GPA last year was 3.7
True-fully my advanced classes last year were a complete waste of time. It was literally the normal class with twice as much homework and we STILL had stupid kids.

The exact same thing happened to me in middle school and I remember sitting in the regular class and thinking I was so above it, but it really doesn't make much of a difference. I mean, you might feel like everyone is sort of dumb for a little while and you'll probably stand out in your abilities and be used as an example a lot of the time, but it's not as big of a deal as I thought it was at the time

if you have nothing intelligent to contribute to this thread, you do not need to post here.
you are simply wasting all of our time.

That is intelligent.. you didn't do stuff in your classes and unless you can prove to your school system that you won't just do the same stuff then you don't need to be in any honors classes bro.. own up to the fact that you forgeted up..

being in honors makes getting into college a stuffload easier
but with the way you're acting I would assume that you think college is a waste of time too

That's actually really false.
Colleges only care if the grades are good and could care less about what classes they actually are since most of it isn't back referenced anyway.

Honors might give you more homework, but your time at school is a lot better. Non-honors classes at my school tend to be filled with idiots that don't care for school and mess around the whole time they spend in class

Sorry you got kicked out :/

High school honors? Someone explain to a non yank?

yeah this, i am eurotrash and i don't get it

you must go to a pretty stuffty school if theyll drop you this early into the school year for being lazy. sorry to hear about that i hope it works out for you.
i wish they did that in my school. my pre/AP classes would be so much better if the kids who only sit in the back of the room and talk loudly were gone.

yeah this, i am eurotrash and i don't get it
Think a harder than normal regular class, only instead of giving college credit like AP it just stresses you out and lowers your gpa

Think a harder than normal regular class, only instead of giving college credit like AP it just stresses you out and lowers your gpa

still not following

still not following
college credit: college and university are used interchangeably between most people in the United States. Taking certain classes in high school, college for many Euro folks, gives you credit at many universities as if you had taken the course there.

AP: Advanced placement courses. These are the high school classes that most universities will accept as credit for their own courses if you pass with a certain mark. The idea being you don't have to take introductory courses again in university. AP courses are graded on a scale of 1-5 and universities require a score of 3 or 4 typically to count it as credit. AP courses require much more effort and work to complete than the regular classes in high school, and often are more intensive than the university equivalents as well.

GPA: Grade point average. Basically your grade from school converted to a scale of 0-4.0 at most schools. Grading policies can vary from school to school so this gives a consistent scoring system that is used, especially by universities.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2015, 11:24:47 AM by Otis Da HousKat »

All they do is

-win you free money for college, grants n scholarships and the such. Though money is incredibly easy to get ahold of for schools anyway.

-help you get accepted into hard to get into colleges (this is now very very rare, so few schools are even that competitive in this day and age)

-can be a shortcut for college credits, allowing you to finish post hs schooling sooner.

All neat things. None of them vital at all.

i had piss poor grades and still managed to get into an engineering program at college
stuffs easier than i expected. dont worry op even tho u dumb (owned) you can still make it big