What do you don't like about your parents?

Author Topic: What do you don't like about your parents?  (Read 3317 times)

my dad is an alcoholic and gets drunk almost every night and smokes every day.
my mom is a mild narcissist and most likely is bipolar but doesn't want to do anything about neither, and gets mad whenever my dad brings it up

that i live away from home

i don't have any issues with my parents
when they get angry at me it's usually my fault in the first place

My mom is incredibly lazy and filthy.
I have to do all the cooking, because she can't be bothered to cook anything more than the most basic of prepackaged frozen/boxed food. If I'm not home to cook, it's usually frozen chicken nuggets and boxed mac and cheese.
And when I do cook, it's very difficult because she can't be bothered to put anything away when she uses it. All my cooking space (countertop space, etc) is taken up by liquor bottles, nonperishable food items, cleaned dishes, etc. Then after I clear of space to work, I have to go looking all over the kitchen and living room for many of the cooking utensils I need, because they just get tossed on some table or chair or box on the floor or wherever, instead of put away.

She buys something from a store and can't be bothered to put it away, so it just sits on the living room floor, to the point where we now have more floor space taken up by clutter then we have actual usable space. There have been several times where I've had to throw out perishable items because she couldn't be bothered to put them away, and they sit out overnight.

The entire place stinks because her two cats' litter box gets cleaned maybe once a week (she never could accept that this was the reason why one of our previous cats elected to use the bathtub instead of the litterbox), I don't think she's ever cleaned her bearded dragon's tank beyond scooping poop out of the sand. There have been multiple times where I've lifted up the toilet lid to find a nice smear of poop on the seat. The carpet of the entire place desperately needs vacuuming, with fur and dirt and etc caked in everywhere. if she spills something in the kitchen, she might clean it up, or she might just kick into into a corner instead, where it dries up and cakes onto the floor

I could continue on for quite a while but at this point I really don't want to. All this, and she can't take responsibility for it. If you complain about something, her response is "then you do it." But things like putting away the bags after bags of junk food she had to buy are completely her responsibility and that's the majority of what this is. Some, other things, like vacuuming the floors, could be split between us 50/50. But the problem is, unless she followed through with her share of it (which, given everything she doesn't do, I know she wouldn't), it would just be me cleaning up after her.

My dad I don't have any problems with currently. He had a tendency that once he made up his mind on something, he refused to listen to anything else to the contrary. But i haven't had to deal with it because my parents split up years ago. Not related to the above reasons, my mom actually wasn't as bad back then, but because she has a tendency to control other people's stuff and hide it from them. Ex. I had a $300 something debt to the IRS that I never knew anything about until they knabbed the money, plus 100 something in fees, straight from my bank account. I didn't know anything because she was taking, opening, and hiding any mail I received from the IRS. She did some of this stuff to my dad to, and the final straw that broke them apart was when her unemployment benefits ended (she was unemployed and not looking for work at the time), didn't tell him, fell behind on house payments, didn't tell him, and then suddenly our house was going through foreclosure. He had to find somewhere else to live, so he just decided to make it somewhere not with her. The divorce was finalized about a year later. The mortgage also completely wiped my bank account of like $600ish (my bank account was linked to hers at the time, because that's what the banker had advised younger account owners to do) and she wanted me to not tell my dad
« Last Edit: September 14, 2015, 09:41:29 AM by Headcrab Zombie »

they're christian conservatives who listen to rush limbaugh, glenn beck, and fox news
I'm so sorry

My dad is awesome, my mom has a short temper but other then that she's awesome.

My parents are perfect. I wouldn't trade them for the world.

dad sells video games for cigars and beer
that's about it though

My parents are perfect. I wouldn't trade them for the world.
This

My mom worries too much when I'm out of the house and is very stubborn at times, but aside from that, both of my parents are awesome.

my dad disowned me because he didnt like my transgender furry oc named Corlata

My mom bothers me all the time, its basically when I just got upstairs and she calls me back down for a ton more loving chores. Other then that, my Dad doesn't do the same thankfully.