What do you don't like about your parents?

Author Topic: What do you don't like about your parents?  (Read 3204 times)

This might just be me but since I moved out all I really want is to spend more time with my parents

i.e. there isn't much I don't like

My dad is a super health nut zen guy so we don't have any medicine in the house. I have to hide Tylenol and melatonin and allergy medicine from him. I'm a really sickly person and he doesn't like for me to go to the doctor or take any prescriptions (ex. I had a stomach ulcer and he didn't let me take what the doctor gave me- I instead had to chew licorice root). He is a counselor and has very strong beliefs having to do with mental health, including not believing I have any problems (I've been diagnosed with multiple pretty serious disorders) and that a healthier lifestyle will cure me entirely. I am currently in the process of moving out of the house into an apartment and he is constantly telling me why I won't be successful and that I'm too immature to see any better and since I can't take care of myself I have to trust him to decide what's best for me.
I love my dad and, being a widower, he's done an awesome job of raising me and my brother by himself. That being said, I am counting the days until I am out on my own. We always have a much better relationship when I'm not living at home.

Well, they're fine. The only thing is they told me off for wanting to include tribal humor in my comics :/

(the previous post was me ranting. And my rants should not be taken seriously.)
« Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 11:52:12 PM by Mr Unicode »

(my legal guardians are my grandparents)

My mom doesn't live with us,
My father lives with us and has done 8 years in prison,
My grandfather served 20 years in the military and has had one stroke (he no longer works at homeland security),
and my grandmother doesn't have a collage degree and was fired from Dollar General after an starfish tricked her to give out the store's credit card numbers.
The only money we receive is my grandfather's social security check every month.

EDIT: I didn't read the title correctly. I actually love where I live and who I am living with.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2015, 01:40:09 PM by RTBARCHIVE »

(my legal guardians are my grandparents)

My mom doesn't live with us,
My grandfather served 20 years in the military and has had one stroke (he no longer works at homeland security),
and my grandmother doesn't have a collage degree and was fired from Dollar General after an starfish tricked her to give out the store's credit card numbers.
The only money we receive is my grandfather's social security check every month.

Damn dude that sucks.

they're dumb and oblivious to their own needs.

mother is an idiot who acknowledges that she's "crazy" but refuses to see any doctors or take any medicine. in general.

father doesn't recognize he has severe communication flaws and is horrible with managing money, thus sparking extreme overreactions from my mother and usually ruining what would be relatively peaceful evenings. he also doesn't respond well to anger and overreaction, so as long as she thinks that's the solution, he will always be liable to make the same mistakes.

I also wish that they hadn't made the decision to shelter me from the world by homeschooling me. they never established any form of discipline, so it's difficult for me to force myself to work or apply myself to anything, something that I desperately need to get over so that I can move on with my life.

mom: almost everything. I can't really think of anything I do like about her
dad: almost nothing about him as a person, but he's very irresponsible sometimes

"stepdad": actually just my mom's boyfriend but for some reason everyone (including her) has taken to calling him her "husband" which really isn't a big deal but for some reason gets on my nerves. they've been together for years so idk why they don't just get married and my mom won't tell me. he's okay
stepmom: she's as irresponsible as my dad (birds of a feather flock together I guess) so financially that half of my family is kind of a mess. as a person she's arguably better than my dad
lol same except it was my mom and only seven years. she robbed a bank. but no gun or anything. apparently she just gave the teller a note that said to give her some $$$

buys into overzealous christian conspiracy theories
don't get my started, my church is on week 8 of a really long series on conspiracy theories. they think that a really rich businessman is the antichrist and that his name means "mr dragon" which means we works with the devil. they also think that something major is going to happen when the pope arrives in the US because they think the pope is the biblical false prophet. fingerprint scanners are devil's work and if you set up fingerprint verification then you have the mark of the beast. also, the government is going to start executing christians who refuse to marry gays.

my dad gets angry at the smallest things sometimes
my mom can't even talk in coherent sentences when she's baked

Pretty much the worst things I could think about them. My parents are super chill.

both of my parents are either on a cycle of being huge starfishs or the nicest people in the world
specifically, my dad is old (60-something, i'm 15), cranky, and loves to gripe about everything i loving do
my mom is really whiny all the time and tries to make everything my fault but sometimes she's just nicer than a homeless man that was just given a 20

barge into my room thinking i'm on research

My mom:
Believing all the conspiracy theories there are; Bush did 9/11, vaccines are bad for you, the Illuminati exists, the government is trying to kill us, etc.
Yells at me and my brother constantly
Whenever I get punished, I never get told for how long

My dad:
He has commited multiple felonies including setting three (large company but would rather not say) cars on fire
Drove me around when I was a kid drunk and almost killed me so many times
Extremely disrespectful towards women and beat my mom
He does meth
Considers himself a great father

My stepdad:
Thinks fart jokes are funny
Wants me to lift weights
Can be very rude at times

They tend to mock me, make fun of me, and never take me seriously. I'm afraid to even tell them that I might be suffering from depression because they'll just give me hell for it and not believe me.

Man I got it good compared to all of your guy's sad storys. The only thing that bothers me is that my dad is a very angry person and my parents treat me as a joke sometimes since I am a kid. I don't find my situation bad though.