14 year-old makes home-made clock, arrested for 'bringing a bomb to school'

Author Topic: 14 year-old makes home-made clock, arrested for 'bringing a bomb to school'  (Read 26061 times)

we should have a thread dedicated to the technological illiteracy of public schools

And how do you think companies and the community can remove the disadvantage in this situation? By ignoring this incident? Allowing the school and police to punish the kid? Tell me how you think this would be best handled
it's all been handled fairly well by the media and the family. my issue is that he's getting special offers for the sole reason of getting discriminated against while thousands of people get discriminated against every day and receive nothing but a criminal record

it's discrimination even if it's an advantage. rather than reward the mistreated to "even it out" just punish those who discriminate and try to change their minds.
this "reward the victimized" system might even be OK if it worked on a mass level. but it doesn't. only when the media gets involved do companies take action
« Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 02:25:03 PM by McZealot »

T H E Y T H I N K OPENING COMMAND PROMPT IS HACKING INTO THE NETWORK AND YOU CAN BE EXPELLED FOR IT
I TYPED IN loving "DIR" AND GOT A 2 HOUR DETENTION FOR "HACKING"
I had a friend who would change the colors of the command prompt to white background and black text, and change the title to "Notepad" and he never got in trouble
« Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 02:31:37 PM by Headcrab Zombie »

harm actually reminded me that we should also be bashing the police more for this
yeah, let's bash a majority because of a loud minority, you know, the exact thing that we're fighting against?

yeah, let's bash a majority because of a loud minority, you know, the exact thing that we're fighting against?

I'm pretty sure he's talking about the police involved in the situation and not every single officer across the nation
Think before you speak, lol

it's all been handled fairly well by the media and the family. my issue is that he's getting special offers for the sole reason of getting discriminated against while thousands of people get discriminated against every day and receive nothing but a criminal record

it's discrimination even if it's an advantage. rather than reward the mistreated to "even it out" just punish those who discriminate and try to change their minds.
this "reward the victimized" system might even be OK if it worked on a mass level. but it doesn't. only when the media gets involved do companies take action
What harm does 'rewarding the victimized' actually do though (apart from you thinking it's unfair)?

oh yea
my entire school district doesn't like google because they think if we type for example
"funny hat" that we're going to get research or inappropriate stuff.
THEY MAKE US USE BING BECAUSE THEY THINK ITS BETTER AND THAT IT WONT LIST research
T H E Y T H I N K OPENING COMMAND PROMPT IS HACKING INTO THE NETWORK AND YOU CAN BE EXPELLED FOR IT
I TYPED IN loving "DIR" AND GOT A 2 HOUR DETENTION FOR "HACKING"

Calm down brother.

I'm pretty sure he's talking about the police involved in the situation and not every single officer across the nation
Think before you speak, lol
I didn't include the full quote, where if I'm not mistaken implies he was talking about cops in general, then talked about the cops in this situation at the end.
harm actually reminded me that we should also be bashing the police more for this

thanks, harm. anyways the cops in this situation were starfishs.

I didn't include the full quote, where if I'm not mistaken implies he was talking about cops in general, then talked about the cops in this situation at the end.
I think he's saying "we should be bashing the police more for this than the teachers"

I stand corrected.

What harm does 'rewarding the victimized' actually do though (apart from you thinking it's unfair)?
It could make people think that being a victim in an extreme situation leads to rewards, but I feel like anyone that dumb would probably find some other way to get their attention regardless.

whys this clock bomb boy getting so much attention
« Last Edit: September 19, 2015, 11:05:57 PM by Maxwell. »

Bill Maher being a beacon of common sense.
Maher, however, does not deny that the fact that Ahmed is Muslim played a role in escalating the incident. “It’s not the color of his skin,” he said. “For the last 30 years, it’s been one culture that has been blowing stuff up over and over again.”

yes, look at ahmed, clearly showing the un-mistakable signs of muslim extremism. what with his plaid shirt.

the stuff people will do for ratings

I guess you can say,
He was,
"The bomb" at school